Free on-line course at SU Sports Management School... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Free on-line course at SU Sports Management School...

Will this make me a Syracuse University student? : ). I would like to make this claim.

Well yes, I'm just thinking in terms of resumes, etc. I'm wondering if this would be a thing I can point to and say, "oh and I did this thing as well to bolster my knowledge" and so forth.
I would think this would help bolster your cred as a sports blogger/columnist. Or, at least you could say it does

Well yes, I'm just thinking in terms of resumes, etc. I'm wondering if this would be a thing I can point to and say, "oh and I did this thing as well to bolster my knowledge" and so forth.
You know, given what you do and the fact that you work with schools, it might be helpful actually. MOOCs are a big thing in higher ed right now. Participating in some might make you stand out a little. Long shot I'd bet, but maybe it works.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's one of the great debates in the MOOC world actually.

Disclosure - I totally am involved in this stuff professionally.

I was kidding. Sounds like a cool little lecture series. I'll gladly participate. Who knows, if nothing more, maybe you'll meet some interesting people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Isn't gaining knowledge the purpose of an education?

At least it was back in the day when everyone majored in some Liberal Arts discipline -- and not in majors directed towards a specific career path. That's still pretty true at the Ivies where under-graduate majors are pretty much in the arts and sciences.

I am not suggesting there is anything wrong or inferior with majors outside the Liberal Arts. I would just hope the goal of those majors would also be to acquire knowledge.
I am very skeptical of majors like this. Specificity like this can come on the job.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back to School. :cool:

qtoLoSAAsdzXfz7tolLK9QLuYsv.jpg

Rick Burton was commissioner of the Australian Basketball League among other things. He's a nice guy with a good perspective on sports.

I wish I had the time, but started a new job recently (going very well)!
Still, I always wanted to go to SU.
;)

anyone actually sign up for the class? Based on the "introduce yourself" comments, there are about 100 people smarted than me taking the course. D3 lax coaches, Athletic directors, seems like everyone has masters. I was just looking for something to do during my lunch breaks, lol.

anyone actually sign up for the class? Based on the "introduce yourself" comments, there are about 100 people smarted than me taking the course. D3 lax coaches, Athletic directors, seems like everyone has masters. I was just looking for something to do during my lunch breaks, lol.
I have but keep forgetting about it. I'm a little offended that my intro post seems to be one of the few that the people running this thing haven't responded to. What a bunch of jerks! Rabble rabble rabble!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom