Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
9981358-large.jpeg

Syracuse University football defense's youth and inexperience have coordinator walking a fine line

SU Fan Syndrome: Carrier Dome crowd, like the weather, is fickle

Orange Insider - Rhode Island at Syracuse: SU shouldn't overlook the Rams

SU football capable of providing exciting moments

Week One saw some predict able results for the Oink. We bet against 'Cuse when it was favored by 7. Line dropped to 6½. 'Cuse burned me in OT. No thank-you note from coach Doug Marrone. Slop to him.
Lenn Robbins

URI football kicks off Saturday afternoon at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY, facing the Big East’s Syracuse Orange. The two teams have met only one time previously, and it didn’t go well for the Rams in the first one…losing at Syracuse 63-17 in 2002. Rhody is 0-3 all time against Big East teams
GLP

From where I sit

These readers have some things to say about Syracuse football

Trainer Announces 2011 Football Team Captains

Letter To The Editor

*UND fans booed the Irish heartedly as they left the field @ halftime of the USF game and pelted their team with snowballs when SU beat them a few years ago
SU Fan Syndrome: Carrier Dome crowd, like the weather, is fickle *

Videos

Rob-Damon2.jpg

Rhody Football: Syracuse Preview

Orange on the right "Rhode" in week two

Floyd Little on Bridge Street 9-8-11

OOC Opponent

bilde

Lex grad-turned-Rocket man prepares Toledo for Buckeyes

Syracuse Mention

I know. Don't jump the gun, right? Conference realignment is a constantly-changing, forever-fluid process. One day Syracuse is bound for the ACC and Virginia Tech is staunchly in the Big East's corner; the next day Syracuse is part of a Big East lawsuit with the Hokies as a defendant.
WVG

I grew up in Syracuse, so naturally I am a Syracuse Basketball fan. Syracuse has no professional sports team, but the men's basketball program is one of the most prestigious in the NCAA. But the past two years have ended in heartbreak for Syracuse: making it into the NCAA tournament while recieving a high seed. However, I believe this year is the year. We have a top recruiting class coming in, which includes the number one center and one of the best three-point shooters. The closer college basketball comes, the more excited I get. In my opinion, college basketball is one of the most fun sports to watch.

Some of my favorite professional sports teams are the New York Yankees and the New York Knicks. Most of you are probably saying to yourselves, who is this kid's favorite football team? I do not have one, but if I had to choose it would be the Philadelphia Eagles. I grew up an Eagles fan, only because Donovan McNabb played quarterback at Syracuse.
TR

Sept. 9, 2006

Kenny Iwebema stuffs Syracuse running back Paul Chiara on fourth-and-goal at the 1-yard line to preserve a 20-13 overtime victory for the No. 14 Hawkeyes. He finished the game with a career-best 11 tackles.
TDI

One Time Recruiting Prospect

The secondary, composed of junior free safety Jakarie Jackson, junior cornerback Leavander Jones, Allen, Marlowe and Cuffee, combined for a total of 21 out of the team’s 67 tackles. Stopping the run is key this week for the Dukes.
Click

Former Player

McNabb looking to make most of fresh start with Vikings

Donovan McNabb's Wrist Injury “A Bruise”

Around The Big East

Big East true freshman watch

Big East: Did you know?

Around The Nation

3-point stance: NCAA angers Muschamp

Friday conversation: College football's wheels of fortune

High School

St. Francis Prep star, Akeel Lynch, runs all over Liverpool

High School Football in the Dome Tonight

Mansfield is buzzing again

University News

3,000 SU students storm Target in Fairmont

Around Town

Irish Festival returns to Clinton Square

Syracuse Mention

I know. Don't jump the gun, right? Conference realignment is a constantly-changing, forever-fluid process. One day Syracuse is bound for the ACC and Virginia Tech is staunchly in the Big East's corner; the next day Syracuse is part of a Big East lawsuit with the Hokies as a defendant.
WVG
Yes, things do change quickly, but Syracuse was never part of that law suit.

so whats happened with George?

Here are the sequence of reports on Jaston

There was a bit of bad news for the Orange as well. Marrone reported that freshman cornerback Jaston George suffered a groin injury during Thursday’s practice and will be out indefinitely.
August 20, 2011

A groin injury suffered late in camp will force January enrollee Jaston George to redshirt.
August 25, 2011

True freshmen Jaston George, who is battling a groin injury, and Ritchy Desir could redshirt.
August 28, 2011

Here are the sequence of reports on Jaston

There was a bit of bad news for the Orange as well. Marrone reported that freshman cornerback Jaston George suffered a groin injury during Thursday’s practice and will be out indefinitely.
August 20, 2011

A groin injury suffered late in camp will force January enrollee Jaston George to redshirt.
August 25, 2011

True freshmen Jaston George, who is battling a groin injury, and Ritchy Desir could redshirt.
August 28, 2011

With that, my selection for surprise frosh of the year went down the toilet. Really hoped that being in camp early, Jaston would give the coaches the luxury of RS Desir and Reddish. In my defense, at the time our CBs 1 through 3 were all healthy, and Wilkes cross-training as a safety seemed more precautionary. Oh well, Jaston still has 4 years ahead of him and the added depth should mean that Julian Whigham should get a RS to continue filling out that lanky frame... However, it is rather intriguing to think of him and Lyn both standing 6'1", with long arms and speed, starting opposite of each other for two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom