From Behind Enemy Lines... | Syracusefan.com

From Behind Enemy Lines...

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Honestly, had a wonderful day yesterday. The tour of the facilities was great, it's fun to get an inside peak at the inner workings of a Big Ten school & the available resources. Got to tailgate with a bunch of Purdue folks in the lot just North of the stadium. Game day atmosphere was great, perfect weather, sold out stadium, night game under the lights... and as I stated in my previous thread, a Syracuse Orange win that I can now hold over my Purdue friends for years to come, haha.

A few interactions with Purdue fans & how they view themselves came out pretty quickly as I sitting in a tightly packed Purdue section. I had multiple fans tell me directly that they're not mean, they're respectful & easy to get along with, etc... i.e. I wasn't going to get harassed or hassled for my clear Syracuse fandom. That is exactly what I experienced, it was fun to interaction with the fanbase, no problems in my experience yesterday. Another interesting bit of info... all the fans I talked with said the same thing: "we're a basketball school." Multiple times it was mentioned, especially as the game continued & it was clear Purdue was gonna struggle. One fan called football season a placeholder before basketball season starts. I had a number of good convos about how Purdue & Syracuse were on the same side of the Maui bracket... haha they were itching to get to basketball already.

Great day, really thankful for it!
IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online