from the Villanova board | Syracusefan.com

from the Villanova board

pearl31

in cahoots
2013-12-29_2336.png

If redneck Kentucky folk are willing to get up and floss their tooth after eating fried chicken and biscuits and washing it down with some Jim beam. Leave their double wide and hop in there 87 ford truck to head over to the local walmart to use wifi to bash upstate new yokers on a chat forum in the World Wide Web, they won't miss a chance

http://villanova.ri vals.com/forum.asp?sid=1000&fid=1159&style=2

copy and paste and remove the space between the i and v

Last edited:
Interesting. I actually attended the game with a friend from Ireland (his first SU game, first major American sporting event) who was in town visiting his in-laws and, upon noticing that there were two Nova fans seated behind us, asked (tongue-in-cheek) if we would be expected to brawl with them (one was a teenager and the other a portly middle-aged man), and then told me of several fan brawls he had personally witnessed at various football matches, caused by nothing more than wearing opponent colors.

I assured him that, as long as they stayed civil, the Dome faithful would as well, and that's exactly what happened. I've never personally witnessed any fan of an opposing team get harassed at the Dome aside from some good-natured ribbing (anyone else remember the ND fan in the chair foul-shot challenge a few years back? I don't know if I've ever heard louder boos at the Dome. But, to be fair, that guy was eating it up, WWF-villain style).

My guess is if this guy was getting yelled at, it was either a) deserved, or b) fueled by alcohol, and if you go into another team's home wearing visitor colors, you get what you get.

But I hope NickelDimer's bleeding fingers heal soon. Maybe if he posted more quality/less quantity it wouldn't happen. Just sayin'.

Listen, we all have a couple of knuckleheads in every fanbase. Nova fans have been probably the only Catholic-7 school not to bitch about Syracuse/or the old Big East ending. I am not going to get up in arms over 1 idiot who is bitter we beat them. Villanova is the current Big East school I wish does well in the future. Georgetown sucks, St. John's is like the person approaching 40 but still thinks they are 25, Marquette annoys me because of their coach, Providence/Seton Hall were leeches who never moved the needle when we played them, DePaul wasn't even worth getting up for. I wish Nova well and am glad we are still playing them.

It is really really funny to hear any philly fan complaining about the treatment of the out of town fan. Hard to imagine that those Nova fans aren't some of the same people that used to go down to Veterans Stadium and later the Linc and beat people senseless and that ultimately required the addition of an offenders court in the stadium on game day.

guys dad was one of the infamous idiots who booed santa in philly years ago-imho
its family tradition to cry and whine for most philly families about a loss, a loss after a 20 point lead gets extra whine

Just from my small sample size, I saw Nova fans at Chuck's before the game, walking up to the Dome, in the concourses and in the bathrooms. Honestly didn't hear even a single good-natured ribbing thing said to any of them, let alone anything that would be considered horrible or boorish. Now I wasn't sitting near that small section of Nova fans in the upper deck, so maybe that's where it happened.

Just from my small sample size, I saw Nova fans at Chuck's before the game, walking up to the Dome, in the concourses and in the bathrooms. Honestly didn't hear even a single good-natured ribbing thing said to any of them, let alone anything that would be considered horrible or boorish. Now I wasn't sitting near that small section of Nova fans in the upper deck, so maybe that's where it happened.
We had four Nova fans at the end of our row. I didn't hear anyone say anything to them all game, good or bad. Of course they never threw it in anyone's face either when they were up big.

It is really really funny to hear any philly fan complaining about the treatment of the out of town fan. Hard to imagine that those Nova fans aren't some of the same people that used to go down to Veterans Stadium and later the Linc and beat people senseless and that ultimately required the addition of an offenders court in the stadium on game day.

Then on the way home they stop by the airport and boo safe landings.

philly is known for being maybe the filthyest mouths in the country outside the small midmajor city of storrs conn.

That being said I like nova, Alot. I always pull for them.
Nova and Syracuse are pretty good for each other.
I easily like them better then ucoon, rutgers, ville, pitt marquette, st johns and 99% of our fans would say gtown.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom