Frost update to UCF | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

Unless you have a close second, yes! Look what VT did. They went after their guy and put their money on the table.

The big time football world is passing us by. We need to wake up and smell the money.

I don't think you're looking at this through Frost's eyes.

Maybe we get Babers now. Have to wait until Saturday though.

We need to let this play out. Frost wasn't the end all be all.

If that's true, then I have been vindicated. That is simply too low in today's market.
Not for a first-time HC who is far from a guarantee and has his eyes on another job that may come open relatively soon.

jekelish said:
From what I hear it wasn't the money. It was how quickly Frost could get out of the contract. Coyle wouldn't budge on contract length.

Good for Coyle. I am happy he didn't budge on the length/buyout. I think many of the posters in this thread are jumping to conclusions which is not a shock. I like Frost but my fear has always been he jumps a year or two into this.

Crusty said:
It doesn't mean we were not either. Based on history that is the probable answer. Overpay? OVERPAY? Just pay the market value, which we never seem to do - we are always impressed with ourselves for offering 80-90% of market value.

Market value is what that coach is worth. Not the average HC salary. Frost being a first time HC I would expect wouldn't command the average HC salary.

I want the personality of Ed Orgeron back at Syracuse. I was at Syracuse when he was a Dline coach and knew the guys he coached. The guy is an animal. He is the type of guy who breathes life into a program. Our program right now is as down as it can be. We need a human defibrillator type personality to resurrect it.

He's still a defensive guy. We have had a boring offense for a decade and a half. You want another defensive guy?

We play in a controlled environment for at least half of our games. We know the temperature, the lights, the field. Everything.

Use it to our advantage on offense.

I believe Bees said it best when he said "sources" are all over the place. Hang in there folks and don't get caught up in the rumor mill. Let's see how the dust settles.

Good for Coyle. I am happy he didn't budge on the length/buyout. I think many of the posters in this thread are jumping to conclusions which is not a shock. I like Frost but my fear has always been he jumps . . . . a year or two into this.
So what? Quality guys leave, that's the danger of hiring a quality guy. That's like marrying the safe bet, because she'll never leave you. Screw that, give me the 10 and lets go on a crazy ride.

I believe Bees said it best when he said "sources" are all over the place. Hang in there folks and don't get caught up in the rumor mill. Let's see how the dust settles.

We need to lock someone in ASAP for recruiting purposes.

I don't care about message board fodder.

Every day is one more day the competition is ahead of us. Every guy that turns us down is another recruiting talking point burying us.

Coyle needs to lock this up.

I know its fantasy, but maybe its because they shifted toward Richt! One can only dream. Does mean Babers is open. He is still my #1 preference.

I don't think you're looking at this through Frost's eyes.

Maybe we get Babers now. Have to wait until Saturday though.

We need to let this play out. Frost wasn't the end all be all.
You may not be. We had the inside track and negotiations fell apart on contract rems. Agreements get done because they meet both pares interests. If Frost had a hang up on buyout we should have been able to resolve it even if it meant less than our ideal.

We left the barn door open.

If so, then Coyle is a fool.
So when Syracuse would 19-18 the next 3 years and Nebraska fires Riley you want to let Frost have an easy buyout to Nebraska?

I understand playing hard with him on a buyout. Nebraska is obviously going to be wanting him as their next HC. Frost was to much of a gamble to give him an easy buyout.

I respect Coyle for not giving him his cake and letting him eat it as well.

maybe he wasn't enamored with the idea of playing his entire tenure at syracuse on the road

Give that man a prize! Last thing we need is Lane Kiffin part 2, bolting after 1 year. If it was about money then I would be pissed but it sounds like it was all about Frost getting a cheap and quick buyout in there. Next!

So when Syracuse would 19-18 the next 3 years and Nebraska fires Riley you want to let Frost have an easy buyout to Nebraska?

I understand playing hard with him on a buyout. Nebraska is obviously going to be wanting him as their next HC. Frost was to much of a gamble to give him an easy buyout.

I respect Coyle for not giving him his cake and letting him eat it as well.

Frost wouldn't have even stayed here for 3 years from the sound of it..

Market value is what that coach is worth. Not the average HC salary. Frost being a first time HC I would expect wouldn't command the average HC salary.

No, market value is what the position is worth. Is Syracuse's HC position worth $1.8M or $2.5M? Looking at HC salaries, $1.8M still puts us at the low end of the P5 schools. Again, I am not advocating for Frost, I'm saying if he (or anyone for that matter) is the No. 1, then you must pay to get that No. 1, unless you are stating the HC position at Syracuse is not worth market value.

So far the only evidence we have is that we gave it our best shot and got outbid.This happens over and over and nothing seems to have changed. HC are commodities thee days and they trade on demand not some perceived sense of value. We will find out what he got paid since UCF is a public school and then we will find out what beat us.

He also has a fiancé. I remember how much pull one of those has at that stage in life.

Florida > Syracuse

Just sayin

I want the personality of Ed Orgeron back at Syracuse. I was at Syracuse when he was a Dline coach and knew the guys he coached. The guy is an animal. He is the type of guy who breathes life into a program. Our program right now is as down as it can be. We need a human defibrillator type personality to resurrect it.
Personalities don't win games. Orgeron has never been a coordinator and has failed as a head coach twice at power conference schools. He got his chance. If he can't win with the resources of USC and Ole Miss then he's not going to turn around a program that hasn't sniffed the Top 25 in a decade and a half.

If you can promise he'd turn us into a hard-nosed team, I'm all in!

No, market value is what the position is worth. Is Syracuse's HC position worth $1.8M or $2.5M? Looking at HC salaries, $1.8M still puts us at the low end of the P5 schools. Again, I am not advocating for Frost, I'm saying if he (or anyone for that matter) is the No. 1, then you must pay to get that No. 1, unless you are stating the HC position at Syracuse is not worth market value.
These are commodities and they trade on supply and demand. If you want to buy one you must pay the market price.

All prices are set on the margin and we are never the marginal buyer.

Tom Herman got 1.5 million this year and had to earn his raise. We aren't going to give Frost a gamble hire established HC money.

1.8 million was fine offer. Coyle didn't want to let Frost have an easy buyout when Nebraska comes calling. I don't blame him one bit. Frost isn't a sure thing. Why would give him everything and start this over in 3 years.

Thank god we didn't hire Frost.

Personalities don't win games. Orgeron has never been a coordinator and has failed as a head coach twice at power conference schools. He got his chance. If he can't win with the resources of USC and Ole Miss then he's not going to turn around a program that hasn't sniffed the Top 25 in a decade and a half.
He was 6-2 at USC.

Eddie was only a head coach at Ole Miss, I dont know where your getting the failed twice thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom