FSU Attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Attendance

My first game was in 1959 and saw Ernie. I was 5 years old I don't remember who we played. If I had to guess it was the Kansas or Maryland game as I know it was still relatively warm out.
Interesting how the season didn't start until the very end of September back then.

1668022106927.png

Guessing 35 now, but will be the loud and angry die hard 30ish thousand

That was one of my first games in person. I actually found the program at my dads a few months ago.
I had never been to a Cuse game before I began attending that Fall. I didn't miss a single game (actually maybe one if it fell on Thanksgiving weekend and I was back home) in 4 years. And I remember that one vividly. Expectations sky high after that season opening win at #20 UNC. Then...pppffffft. Air out of the balloon.

I don't recall the temperature but I do recall it being a sunny day and the Orange settling for a tie when our kicker, Earle Baugher, missed the game winning PAT.
Gameplan Magazine had us preseason rated #10 for 1971.

We way underperformed that year.

Gameplan Magazine had us preseason rated #10 for 1971.

We way underperformed that year.
True.

The six game winning streak at the end of 1970 along with a really strong retuning defense caused many to believe that the 1971 team would be one of Ben’s best.

How does the attendance look, has anyone been keeping track? The maps confuse me tbh.

naaaah not looking likely
This is likely back to the tickets sold vs butts in seats discussion. He will certainly always cite tickets sold, especially since I heard SU's time machine is down, so he can't look at Saturday's turnstile (tickets scanned) numbers yet.