FSU forms Expansion/Realignment Committee | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU forms Expansion/Realignment Committee

I can certainly understand the issue with the hybrid conference and wanting to resolve it but lets not act like what is potentially left in the ACC should FSU and maybe even VPI depart for the SEC is somehow superior to the teams we currently have. Both leagues are full of middle of the road type programs.

still waiting to find out how the acc folds without fsu.

if 5 teams leave, 3 to SEC 2 to the big10...i GUARANTEE you5 big east teams will go to the acc.

the brand name that will remain, will be the acc.

the big east name may stay, but it wont have football.

:eek:

lets say fsu goes to the SEC...so if texas brings kansas and mizzou to the acc, im not sure where this will leave Syracuse.

all thats left is really ugly schools.

i guess at that point they could replace the dome with a really nice hoop only facility and play football at coyne v the colgates of the world.

Kansas isn't going anywhere without Kansas State and the same is for Texas with Tech. Kansas would f over Mizzou at every turn if they could. No way they split with them and leave KState flapping in the breeze. The Kansas Board of Regents will not allow it and they must vote on any separation of the two.

if 5 teams leave, 3 to SEC 2 to the big10...i GUARANTEE you5 big east teams will go to the acc.

I agree with your premise--although, obviously, it's unlikely that 5 will leave the ACC.

What we need to remember is that the BE is unlike any of the other BCS conferences in that it generates more revenue on the hoop side than from football. Which means that in this game of chicken/musical chairs, it is important that the BE try to bring along the important BB-onlys for the I-95 markets and MSG. And, will St John's, GT and Nova be willing to abandon their fellow parochial schools, or would they rather just come up with a Catholic A-10 version 2.0?

Great, then the Big East would have the distinction of not only being the sole BCS conference with a directional school, but would have two directional schools.

Um, we play a directional school from another BCS conference this weekend.

Kansas isn't going anywhere without Kansas State and the same is for Texas with Tech. Kansas would f over Mizzou at every turn if they could. No way they split with them and leave KState flapping in the breeze. The Kansas Board of Regents will not allow it and they must vote on any separation of the two.

The Kansas Regents have already stated the schools are not married, but would prefer they go together. Thus, Kansas State will not be allowed to hold back Kansas, if only Kansas gets and AQ invite.

Here in Texas there is speculation that if OU and OSU leave, Texas would dissolve the conference rather than rebuild it, Texas has made the statement that they do not think the conference would survive with 7 schools. If there is no conference, Texas is indy by default. If they get a solo invite, they can go where they like, like the B1G 10. This is speculation off of the Texas 24/7 board, but some of these guys are well connected and have a finger on the pulse of Texas leadership. Also, the LHN can become the basis for a BTN2, though that comes from Chip Brown at Orangebloods, and I take what he says with agrain of salt. It may not matter if Texas and TTech go to the PAC 12. The LHN would become the Texas regional for 3rd tier broadcasts, but Texas would have to share with TTech.

Where is this guarantee written? Without FSU, ther eis no national brand, except Miami whcih has been irrelevant since 2003 and will be for at least 10 more years based on the current scandal, expected penalties and rebuilding time. I agree that the Carolina four and Virginia are a tough nut to crack, but do you really believe that any of the three old schools, Syracuse, Pitt and WVU, will allow themselves to be run by the Carolina four? Seriously, those three schools have far more histroy and tradition than any school left after FSU. Even Rutgers has its pride and would not want to be controlled by the Carolina Four. Add TCU to that mix. Without FSU, the Big East is more prestigious, historied and all around better footbal conference than the ACC. We already eclipse them in basketball, no need to discuss that here.

You can keep having these ACC dreams, but I ask why you would want to step backwards? I'm even giving you the benefit of the doubt that no other ACC teams leave to the SEC or teh B1G 10.

Great, then the Big East would have the distinction of not only being the sole BCS conference with a directional school, but would have two directional schools. That being said, I agree with Baylor. I do not think a small private school in Waco brings anything to the table for the BE. I would be more interested in Iowas State and Kansas State (as well as Missouri and Kansas if available). They come from a BCS conference, so should have a higher Q rating than schools, not named TCU and Boise State, in a mid-major conference . People have probably even watched a game in which they played. Granted, it may have been to watch Oklahoma or Texas, but they did watch.

Much has been made in this forum about the markets in which the BE has schools. Admittedly, I do not know anything about advertising or how media outlets value content, but I am not sure whether bringing in Houston and/or Orlando markets matters to ESPN, Fox, etc. Rutgers, SU, UConn were discussed as potential B1G targets because of the number of televisions in the markets/states the schools were located for one reason: the B1G wanted to force the cable television companies to place the BTN on the first tier of channels and receive a higher payment per television. This increase would occur, therefore, regardless of whether any of these channels were actually tuned to the BTN.

As Fox, ESPN, NBC are largely already on the first tier for cable providers, adding markets does not automatically increase revenues. Instead, these networks revenue is based on advertising. If everyone in Houston is watching Texas A&M or Texas and everyone in Orlando is watching UF and FSU, the network cannot demand a higher advertising rate because it is showing a Houston or UCF game. So, the BE would be better off adding known teams that create interest as opposed to markets. Do I think KSU and ISU create a lot of interest, probably not, but I do think they create more interest than Houston and UCF. . . . and yes, I do realize this analysis makes no sense when considering B1G's addition of Nebraska last year.

Markets are important for advertising. If you can't grab national brands, then you need multiple and large markets. Thus, DePaul goes nowhere as they put the Big East in Chicago. TV execs have already told the Big East that the Hybrid satys for their markets. We could trim a little fat (Seton Hall, Providence), But the Johnnies and Blue Demons are going nowhere.

As to the B1G 10, they failed to secure enough votes for any one particular school from the Big East, though there was support for each of Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers and some for UConn, just not enough to be invited. If we keep winning, we could resolve this problem. The AAU issue is not as important as it once was, see Nebraska.

I agree that I like the AQ status of the Big 12 leftovers but TV execs will have more input and will likely "recommend" which schools the Big East should expand with. The Houston market brings more than Kansas and Iowa combined. Ex: if you can take Kansas, you don't need K State, so you'd take Houston over K State.

The Kansas Regents have already stated the schools are not married, but would prefer they go together. Thus, Kansas State will not be allowed to hold back Kansas, if only Kansas gets and AQ invite.

Here in Texas there is speculation that if OU and OSU leave, Texas would dissolve the conference rather than rebuild it, Texas has made the statement that they do not think the conference would survive with 7 schools. If there is no conference, Texas is indy by default. If they get a solo invite, they can go where they like, like the B1G 10. This is speculation off of the Texas 24/7 board, but some of these guys are well connected and have a finger on the pulse of Texas leadership. Also, the LHN can become the basis for a BTN2, though that comes from Chip Brown at Orangebloods, and I take what he says with agrain of salt. It may not matter if Texas and TTech go to the PAC 12. The LHN would become the Texas regional for 3rd tier broadcasts, but Texas would have to share with TTech.
Yes they have stated that, but also that they will only let them split if it presents the best possible outcome for both schools. Trust me, the word in this part of the world is that there's no way Kansas goes anywhere without KState. KU is a basketball school and a national brand, there is going to have to be a pretty damn compelling case for them to split from KState.

Markets are important for advertising. If you can't grab national brands, then you need multiple and large markets. Thus, DePaul goes nowhere as they put the Big East in Chicago. TV execs have already told the Big East that the Hybrid satys for their markets. We could trim a little fat (Seton Hall, Providence), But the Johnnies and Blue Demons are going nowhere.

As to the B1G 10, they failed to secure enough votes for any one particular school from the Big East, though there was support for each of Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers and some for UConn, just not enough to be invited. If we keep winning, we could resolve this problem. The AAU issue is not as important as it once was, see Nebraska.

I agree that I like the AQ status of the Big 12 leftovers but TV execs will have more input and will likely "recommend" which schools the Big East should expand with. The Houston market brings more than Kansas and Iowa combined. Ex: if you can take Kansas, you don't need K State, so you'd take Houston over K State.

There are 68 teams in the 6 BCS conferences now including Notre Dame and TCU. When all of this expansion garbage ends there will be 4 16 team conferences. We know 3 of those 4 will eventually be SEC, B1G, PAC-16, and probably a hybrid ACC/Big East/Big 12 leftovers conference.

Not 1 Big East team will be in the expansion plan of the B1G without Notre Dame's inclusion. If Notre Dame became part of the B1G you can bet that Missouri would be 14th team, if Texas joined then you could probably bet the 16th team would come from Pittsburgh or Maryland. Syracuse WILL never sniff the B1G we are small private school not located in NYC and could not get the BTN on NY cable stations basic tier and bring 1 dollar per household that the BTN contractually gets from states with B1G teams. The NY Yankees got resistance for YES for crying out loud. As much as I would like the B1G it WILL NEVER happen unless Notre Dame went and demanded us as a partner they would want as well. I agree somewhat with your position on BE expansion. I believe what will happen is the Big East football schools will merge with the ACC football schools after the SEC swoops in and takes whatever schools they want to get to 16.
I agree somewhat with your position that schools not in BCS conferences could be more appealing than Iowa St, Baylor, Kansas St however it would depend on what the hybrid conference looked like to determine if the Big 12 leftovers would join the conference over Central Florida, East Carolina, Houston, Tulsa. However, you overrate markets its more about fanbase AND media market while Houston is a top 10 media market the fans that are not alumni in that area are Texas, Texas A&M then Houston fans. Also, DePaul is the 3rd most popular team in Chicago behind Illinois and Northwestern. The reason DePaul was brought in was so the CYO schools would have an 8-8 split and not allow the football schools to have more votes. TCU was ONLY added after the CYOs were convinced they had no other options and had to give the football schools another team for their schedule. I was shocked the CYOs didn't demand Xavier or Dayton as a 18th team just to keep the balance. DePaul brings nothing to the Big East TV contract it is cool for Big East alumni in Chicago to have an easy game, but that is it.
Also, if Kansas was added to the Big East you can bet Kansas State would be part of the deal over any non-BCS team. Kansas would be free of Kansas State if they could get into the Pac-16 or B1G without having K-State anchoring them, but for the Big East you can bet Kansas State would come with Kansas.

exactly.

and what is the counter? that the bmw is stable?? by adding baylor, iowa and kstate the bmw is better than the acc??

If BE stability is based only on the fact that no one wants any of our teams, then is that really stability? The ACC is less stable because FSU is more desirable to the SEC than West Virginia is? Huh?

DePaul has a history in Bball, has invested heavily and has a new coach that should get them back to a middle of the pack, Big East team with invites to the NCAAs. They also have good attendance for a recently bad team. Further, they have history with Marquette (which we should agree is a good team), Cincy, Louisville and Notre Dame. The TVC gurus have already indicated to the Big East that the Hybrid is staying if we want money, thus the football and basketball schools have no real intention of splitting. The basketball schools cover several important TV markets (NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, Philly), the only overlap is Seton Hall and Providence.

RE: 4X16 superconferences. I'm not sure this is where it will all end up. 64 teams is too small of a margin. A few more FCS to FBS shifts would give the Non-AQs the majority with which to out-vote anything the AQs want. There would have tobe at least 5 superconferences. Additionally, I'm not convinced everyone goes to 16, at least in the next few years, so maintaing at least 5 or 6 conferences is in the best interest of the AQs.

As to Kansas and K State, the regents have already declared the two are NOT absolutely tied together. The Big East would take both, but that does not mean it is the best alternative. As to Kansas to the PAC 12 or B1G 10, they are rumored as an alternative if Texas and TTech are not 15 & 16 for the PAC 12, the B1G 10 is being silent on all expansion stating they are dormant at this time. Take Delaney for what he's worth in your own opinion, the guy will not reveal anything until he is ready and the pieces are in place.

I kind of think the Big East/ACC merger is most likely the final result if the SEC takes more than one school. The ACC will not be strong enough to entice Big East schools to leave and they will not likely backfill with Big 12 leftovers or CUSA teams, they are too snooty. However, I think the Big East has the upper hand in that they have yet to negotiate the new contract and the ACC is stuck in a bad contract. Further, if the Big 12 is dissolved, then ESPN may have to bargain much harder for the Big East next fall and may want to salvage some dollars from the ACC to be used in the Big East bid. Otherwise, ESPN is left with a weakend ACC to buld more bradcasts around while teh Big East gets a better deal elsewhere. We are already on par with the ACC football wise and if they lose FSU or VPI or more than one team, they will be that much lower than the Big East.

Am I a Syracuse homer, yes. But I try to look at the affairs of the other conferences as a whole to see what can happen. In a vacuum, if teh ACC loses 1 team, they would backfill with a Big East team, but the events happening are not a vacuum. FSU is in play for the SEC as is WVU. NOt really trying to argue with everyone, but I see the Big East having the upper hand at this moment. Obviously, things can and will change and all this speculation will mean little, but it can be fun.

DePaul has a history in Bball, has invested heavily and has a new coach that should get them back to a middle of the pack, Big East team with invites to the NCAAs. They also have good attendance for a recently bad team. Further, they have history with Marquette (which we should agree is a good team), Cincy, Louisville and Notre Dame. The TVC gurus have already indicated to the Big East that the Hybrid is staying if we want money, thus the football and basketball schools have no real intention of splitting. The basketball schools cover several important TV markets (NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, Philly), the only overlap is Seton Hall and Providence.

RE: 4X16 superconferences. I'm not sure this is where it will all end up. 64 teams is too small of a margin. A few more FCS to FBS shifts would give the Non-AQs the majority with which to out-vote anything the AQs want. There would have tobe at least 5 superconferences. Additionally, I'm not convinced everyone goes to 16, at least in the next few years, so maintaing at least 5 or 6 conferences is in the best interest of the AQs.

As to Kansas and K State, the regents have already declared the two are NOT absolutely tied together. The Big East would take both, but that does not mean it is the best alternative. As to Kansas to the PAC 12 or B1G 10, they are rumored as an alternative if Texas and TTech are not 15 & 16 for the PAC 12, the B1G 10 is being silent on all expansion stating they are dormant at this time. Take Delaney for what he's worth in your own opinion, the guy will not reveal anything until he is ready and the pieces are in place.

I kind of think the Big East/ACC merger is most likely the final result if the SEC takes more than one school. The ACC will not be strong enough to entice Big East schools to leave and they will not likely backfill with Big 12 leftovers or CUSA teams, they are too snooty. However, I think the Big East has the upper hand in that they have yet to negotiate the new contract and the ACC is stuck in a bad contract. Further, if the Big 12 is dissolved, then ESPN may have to bargain much harder for the Big East next fall and may want to salvage some dollars from the ACC to be used in the Big East bid. Otherwise, ESPN is left with a weakend ACC to buld more bradcasts around while teh Big East gets a better deal elsewhere. We are already on par with the ACC football wise and if they lose FSU or VPI or more than one team, they will be that much lower than the Big East.

Am I a Syracuse homer, yes. But I try to look at the affairs of the other conferences as a whole to see what can happen. In a vacuum, if teh ACC loses 1 team, they would backfill with a Big East team, but the events happening are not a vacuum. FSU is in play for the SEC as is WVU. NOt really trying to argue with everyone, but I see the Big East having the upper hand at this moment. Obviously, things can and will change and all this speculation will mean little, but it can be fun.

Where have the TV gurus stated they want the hybrid to remain. If ESPN or the TV gurus could pick between having Marquette, DePaul vs. Syracuse 1 time a yr or they could potential get 2 Pitt vs. Syracuse, or 2 Notre Dame vs. Syracuse games rather than one which do you think they would prefer? DePaul had a great history with Mark Aguiere and Ron Meyer, and even 15 yrs ago with Bill Kennedy and Quinton Richardson, but to think the networks care about a small Catholic school which is the 3rd most popular team in its CITY, or a small Catholic school in Milwaukee is hilarious. The only basketball onlies that bring anything to the conference are St. John's for MSG and NYC recruiting, Villanova for Philly recruiting, Georgetown for DC/Baltimore recruiting, and Notre Dame because of their national brand. While Marquette is a good team they don't bring much to the Big East conference, Seton Hall and Providence bring the history of being original members, DePaul brings a nice roadtrip for opponents. This contract even though the Big East is a basketball first conference is being driven by college football. The networks finally realize the value of college football programing. While the Big East doesn't have a national brand in football it has the media markets in Tampa, Louisville, Cincinnati, Western Pennsylvania , Metro-New York/New Jersey, Connecticut, and starting next year Dallas/Fort. Worth. These markets reach enough televisions that while there is no Michigan or USC justify a 20 million per team/yr contract and especially when you have Louisville,Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UConn anchoring a pretty nice basketball conference. If the football schools had any guts they would force a split when the TV Ks expired and wait till the MSG BET K expire and just go on there own way. Under this scenario the football schools wouldn't be forfeiting their NCAA TV shares and the basketball schools can get their own deal. In the food chain of the NCAA the BE football schools are higher up than of the BE basketball schools, but SU administration feels loyalty to the BE basketball and wouldn't support a split unless they are completely forced too.

Depaul is the largest catholic school in america, 30k plus for sure. It's not small by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depaul is the largest catholic school in america, 30k plus for sure. It's not small by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have 16k undergrads 9k grad students. However, I stand by statements the Big East is carrying too many basketball onlies. I understand PC, GTown, SJU, Nova, and even SHU were original members and probably be protected, but Marquette and DePaul are not necessary that doesn't mean they are bad programs, but just prevent more home-homes in conference play.

if the B1G gets ND and then they get mizzou...they take BC before maryland.

regardless, Syracuse is still better off in the acc than some bullsheep newBMW with a leftover kansas, iowa and whatever is left in texas.

Where have the TV gurus stated they want the hybrid to remain. If ESPN or the TV gurus could pick between having Marquette, DePaul vs. Syracuse 1 time a yr or they could potential get 2 Pitt vs. Syracuse, or 2 Notre Dame vs. Syracuse games rather than one which do you think they would prefer? DePaul had a great history with Mark Aguiere and Ron Meyer, and even 15 yrs ago with Bill Kennedy and Quinton Richardson, but to think the networks care about a small Catholic school which is the 3rd most popular team in its CITY, or a small Catholic school in Milwaukee is hilarious. The only basketball onlies that bring anything to the conference are St. John's for MSG and NYC recruiting, Villanova for Philly recruiting, Georgetown for DC/Baltimore recruiting, and Notre Dame because of their national brand. While Marquette is a good team they don't bring much to the Big East conference, Seton Hall and Providence bring the history of being original members, DePaul brings a nice roadtrip for opponents. This contract even though the Big East is a basketball first conference is being driven by college football. The networks finally realize the value of college football programing. While the Big East doesn't have a national brand in football it has the media markets in Tampa, Louisville, Cincinnati, Western Pennsylvania , Metro-New York/New Jersey, Connecticut, and starting next year Dallas/Fort. Worth. These markets reach enough televisions that while there is no Michigan or USC justify a 20 million per team/yr contract and especially when you have Louisville,Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UConn anchoring a pretty nice basketball conference. If the football schools had any guts they would force a split when the TV Ks expired and wait till the MSG BET K expire and just go on there own way. Under this scenario the football schools wouldn't be forfeiting their NCAA TV shares and the basketball schools can get their own deal. In the food chain of the NCAA the BE football schools are higher up than of the BE basketball schools, but SU administration feels loyalty to the BE basketball and wouldn't support a split unless they are completely forced too.

A good rant and I do not disagree with splitting from the basketball onlies. The only quibble I would have is with the claim Seton Hall and Providence bringing anything more to the table than Marquette because of their history in the conference. Neither Seton Hall nor Providence had enough sustained success to be considered a marquee team going through a bad spell. As a result, their history in the BE does not mean anything on the national level. While Marquette is not a perennial power, it has had enough success to bring value to the conference. This value is based solely on its current success and ability to maintain it though.

As for DePaul being a fun road-trip, I will admit I have no idea how long teams stay in the opposing schools' city, but it is possible the team never sets foot in Chicago unless once considers O'Hare Chicago. DePaul plays basketball in the AllState Arena in Rosemont, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Rosemont, coincidentally, is right next to O'Hare, so there would be ample and cheaper hotels for the team to stay in near the Arena.

Where is this guarantee written? Without FSU, ther eis no national brand, except Miami whcih has been irrelevant since 2003 and will be for at least 10 more years based on the current scandal, expected penalties and rebuilding time. I agree that the Carolina four and Virginia are a tough nut to crack, but do you really believe that any of the three old schools, Syracuse, Pitt and WVU, will allow themselves to be run by the Carolina four? Seriously, those three schools have far more histroy and tradition than any school left after FSU. Even Rutgers has its pride and would not want to be controlled by the Carolina Four. Add TCU to that mix. Without FSU, the Big East is more prestigious, historied and all around better footbal conference than the ACC. We already eclipse them in basketball, no need to discuss that here.

You can keep having these ACC dreams, but I ask why you would want to step backwards? I'm even giving you the benefit of the doubt that no other ACC teams leave to the SEC or teh B1G 10.

Spot on.

The only basketball onlies that bring anything to the conference are St. John's for MSG and NYC recruiting, Villanova for Philly recruiting, Georgetown for DC/Baltimore recruiting, and Notre Dame because of their national brand.

Agree with this. I just don't ever see a Split+4 Conference ever happening.

A good rant and I do not disagree with splitting from the basketball onlies. The only quibble I would have is with the claim Seton Hall and Providence bringing anything more to the table than Marquette because of their history in the conference. Neither Seton Hall nor Providence had enough sustained success to be considered a marquee team going through a bad spell. As a result, their history in the BE does not mean anything on the national level. While Marquette is not a perennial power, it has had enough success to bring value to the conference. This value is based solely on its current success and ability to maintain it though.

As for DePaul being a fun road-trip, I will admit I have no idea how long teams stay in the opposing schools' city, but it is possible the team never sets foot in Chicago unless once considers O'Hare Chicago. DePaul plays basketball in the AllState Arena in Rosemont, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Rosemont, coincidentally, is right next to O'Hare, so there would be ample and cheaper hotels for the team to stay in near the Arena.

I agree with your point about Seton Hall and Providence however there is no chance either would get kicked out so that is why I focused on Marquette and DePaul. The freakin' headquarter of the BMW is Providence, RI. All of the commissioners of this bloated confederation have been PC alums there is no chance they or Seton Hall original members could be booted out. However, if the BMW was forced to add scraps from the B12 like KU,K-State, and we could wish Missouri then it would be good if a few basketball onlies like DePaul and Marquette could be booted so we didn't have a 20 team conference. I agree with the Kaiser give a me a watered down ACC over this Frankenstein we are in now. I understand the loyalty of some of the SU administration but the future of college sports is not with the St. John's, Villanova's, Georgetown's and especially the Providence College's and Seton Hall's of the world we need to break off and have stability. If the Big East broke their would be ample opportunities to play the teams in the non-conference or have a holiday tournament in MSG. The future of college sports is being driven by college football and some of the basketball onlies are kind of like welfare recipients. Even the bottom teams in football are contributing IMMENSELY more than the top basketball onlie. Think about the money say Cincinnati is spending competing in college football they are taking on a burden which they decided to do on their own to allow the other teams in the conference to have stability. All 8(next year 9)

Why are Providence College or Seton Hall protected now in the Big East when a team like Xavier is having to bust their guts to financially compete with the big boys in college basketball. I get the Big East was founded by 8 schools, but was Pre- Oklahoma BOR v. NCAA-1984 when the NCAA controlled the media TV rights of the college football teams. If Syracuse wants to have big time football it has to get over it fear of the status quo with the basketball onlies. I realize they helped build up our basketball program, but football drives the bus nationality and if we want to be like Gonzaga/Xavier and want to be a basketball school fine, but if we want to be a consistently decent football school we need stability. If that makes me a Big East Tea Party Member fine SMALLER CONFERENCE DAMN IT. I want this conference reduced like those people want a smaller federal government.

those links might as well be to ones dated dec 6, 1941 and be telling us how mighty the US Navy is in the Pacific.

things have changed.

those links might as well be to ones dated dec 6, 1941 and be telling us how mighty the US Navy is in the Pacific.

things have changed.

Let's see:

1) Big East is still together and TCU is coming next fall - no change
2) Texas A&M is leaving teh Big 12 to go to the SEC - change
3) OU and OSU looking west to the PAC 12 - possible change
4) Big 12 leftovers are worried big time - no real change as they were doing the same last year and also once UT announced their LHN
5) B1G 10 states they have no plans to expand - no change, but take it however you like
6) The ACC denies they will expand - no change
7) The Big East is looking for at least one more team to get to 10 - no change
8) FSU has formed a committe to consider options (see OP) - change
9) SEC states they are not rushing to take a team #14. - no change
10) SEC leaks that Slive has authority to explore with WVU and Mizzou - change
11) Big East is still scheduled to negotiate new TV contract next fall - no change
12) Big East turned down $13MM (which is better than the ACC deal and stuill gave every team 3rd tier rights-ACC doesn't) from ESPN for expetected greater increase - no change
13) Comcast acquired NBC and other networks, wants more sports - no change
14) Versus to be rebranded NBC Sports, still wants college football and basketball - no change
15) Marinatto believes we will get $19MM - $23MM in next round of TV deal - no change
16) TV Execs freely estimate Big East will get at least $15MM - $18MM in next deal - no change
17) SEC can expand to 14 or 16. - no change
18) SEC most likely candidates: FSU, Mizzou, Clemson, VPI, UNC, NCState, UVa, WU based on location and markets - no change
19) Texas looking at PAC XX, then B1G 10 then independence. - no change
20) Democrats disagree with Republicans - no change
21) Republicans disagree with Democrats - no change
22) Big East basketball far exceeds ACC basketball - no change
23) Big East football has out performed ACC football since the ACC raid and with TCU coming will rank higher - no change
24) Miami will be down for a long time due to forthcoming sanctions - no change, they've been down since they left
25) ACC is nothing in football if FSU leaves - no change
26) VPI has no real respect outside of Virginia and ESPN - no change
27) If more than one teams leaves the ACC, the ACC football stinks big time - no change
28) If anyone leaves the ACC they could lose their contract
29) No one has offered justification for a Big East team looking at a bigger payday in the stronger conference to join the weaker (and probably soon to be even weaker) lower paid ACC. No change
30) Rutgers still stinks - no change
31) Everyone hates Georgetown - NO CHANGE!

Just a quick review, but no changes that make the ACC a destination conference. I don't claim the Big East is a destination conference, but we're already better than the ACC. As to the articles being old news, you are free to contradict the info with newer info, but I have not seen any. I am keeping my arguments in line with the OP. If you wish to deviate, please start a new thread and we can speculate based on your new hypothesis.

yes, the OP was that fsu is now looking to escape the acc.

none of those articles take that into account, so they are useless.

no tv contract is going to be signed till everyone knows where everyone is going to be. if it is signed, it will be torn up once realignment occurs.

one thing that has not changed, and will never change until there is no place else to go, is that every single football playing school will leave the bmw if asked.....in a heartbeat.

Please offer your explanation considering:

1) FSU looks and jumps from the ACC, while VPI and others are looking elsewhere
2) the ACC is clearly the weakest AQ conference
3) The Big East is soon to make more money by all accounts
4) There is no incentive to join a weaker football conference for less money

Oh, yeah, you just want to. Good business sense. Not sure why your last statement means anything if FSU leaves. Why would anyone want the ACC over any other AQ if there is no respectable football, they earn less money and they suck in basketball. At the very least, every Big East team will wait until negotiations next fall before considering a jump to the ACC since they cannot get the money any sooner in the ACC or the Big East and the potential differnce is too great to not wait and see what is offerred.