FSU forms Expansion/Realignment Committee | Syracusefan.com

FSU forms Expansion/Realignment Committee

Fsu wants to know how much loot they can make in the new BE tv deal :)

Texas makes a mega score with the LHN, which in turn drives A&M, OU, and Okie State out of the Big 12 ... then Texas shrugs its' shoulders and says the Big 12's breakup is not their fault.

Someone needs to tell the guy who wrote that that it's no longer the mid 1990s...people across America aren't tuning in to watch FSU.

To watch Oklahoma. Same people will be tuning in to watch Ohio State.

My point is that they've been passed (as has Miami) by OU and tOSU (and for that matter Virginia Tech), and that the article linked overstated the case for FSU. That's all.

My point is that they've been passed (as has Miami) by OU and tOSU (and for that matter Virginia Tech), and that the article linked overstated the case for FSU. That's all.
Fair enough, I'm just touchy because I've been spending way too much time on the FSU board defending Syracuse as a viable addition to the ACC

I wonder how much of that FSU could get back. They get the showcase game this weekend. But they were hurt by their own decline at the end of the Bowden era, and Miami's decline that started during the Coker area. So if FSU gets back to being an annual top 10 team (doubt they'll get that insane top 5 run they had), will their TV appeal be there like it used to be? Figure a big part of FSU's TV appeal was the matchups with Miami and Florida. Miami's return to glory is much further away, wonder if Florida under Muschamp will be as good as Florida under Meyer.

The Canes have a world of problems...wonder if they can move outta that awful stadium in the middle of nowhere and play in the Marlins new ballpark in downtown Miami.

The Canes have a world of problems...wonder if they can move outta that awful stadium in the middle of nowhere and play in the Marlins new ballpark in downtown Miami.

37,000 seats.

Sorry, too much smoke...FSU...GONE...to the SEC.

texas in the acc is really the last thing Cuse needs.

and seriously, i dont get it.

if texas wants to go east, why go play 4x in nc, 2x in va, 1x in ga, md, ma, fla and sc???

for ALL SPORTS.

if they choose the bmw, the are better off with...1x in NY, NJ, PA, ct, and are closer with wv, oh, ky, and still in fla and at least 1 in texas...and they can bring tt and baylor???

for hoop, the bmw keeps gtown, nova, st johns and a lottery winner!!!

and texas is in MSG for the freakin BET. u think tickets are tough now!!!

we will give them their stupid freakin network...who cares??? put SU on SNY...oh wait, they already are.

heyzues freakin christmas...homerun.

:eek:

:bat:

Sorry, too much smoke...FSU...GONE...to the SEC.

texas in the acc is really the last thing Cuse needs.

and seriously, i dont get it.

if texas wants to go east, why go play 4x in nc, 2x in va, 1x in ga, md, ma, fla and sc???

for ALL SPORTS.

if they choose the bmw, the are better off with...1x in NY, NJ, PA, ct, and are closer with wv, oh, ky, and still in fla and at least 1 in texas...and they can bring tt and baylor???

for hoop, the bmw keeps gtown, nova, st johns and a lottery winner!!!

and texas is in MSG for the freakin BET. u think tickets are tough now!!!

we will give them their stupid freakin network...who cares??? put SU on SNY...oh wait, they already are.

heyzues freakin christmas...homerun.

:eek:

:bat:
Kaiser I created a thread about this last week and was mocked and said if Oklahoma was determined to join the Pac-12 would the Big East have the guts to basically offer a deal with the Devil Texas. Think about it the Big East could allow Texas to keep their LHN and if Oklahoma and Okie State became part of a Pac-14. The Big 12 would be down to 7 teams and the Big East would have 9 teams. Put in TCU in with the 7 teams and you would have two 8 team divisions.
West-Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, Iowa St
East- Syracuse, West Virginia, UConn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, Pittsburgh
play the championship game in the homefield of the best record team or rotate between the 2 divisions. The conference becomes the Texas Invitational and the BE football schools get the stability they need and can continue the bball tourney in MSG.

dont need the kansas' and the leftovers with the texas' in tow.

only way the bmw keeps MSG is with st johns and 3 more hoop onlies...nova and gtown being 2 of them.

this bmw pipe dream also needs Giants Stadium and rutgers still in it.

:noidea:

I think Texas to the ACC is nonsense and FSU is using this, as Alsac said, as a smokescreen. FSU to the SEC and then they blame the rest of the ACC for not doing enough to get Texas.

That came off as a sell to Oklahoma that the Pac 12 is not that good. Anyways, ESPN owns Texas if this is true. And Oklahoma in the ACC just seems weird.

------------------------

ACC may be gaining steam as potential home for Texas (Chip Brown)

Texas to the ACC seems so out of place. But it's money that is driving this thing. I guess if it makes financial sense, it will happen. However, to me this really seems like smoke and mirrors. Maybe that's just my bias against how it seems on the surface. The TX and ND to Big 10 scenario still really makes the most sense to me. If the parties can come to terms, that conference would literally redefine the market.

It has been over 15 years since I have been Sun Life Stadium, but didn't think it was an "awful" stadium. It was not exciting, but it also was not bad. I would have thought the Dolphins and the NFL would have made sure it did not fall into disrepair. The Orange Bowl, on the other hand, was awful and I will give you that both stadiums are in the middle of nowhere. It is hard to gain student support on a warm, sunny Saturday morning when you have to be bused to the stadium.