FSU hires Willie Taggart | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FSU hires Willie Taggart

I get why Taggert would want the FSU job. I feel FSU won't do better than Taggert in recruiting. He's shown he can turn around bad programs. What he hasn't shown is that he can win championships. FSU expects him to win the ACC title. Will he win or will this be like the Al Golden era at Miami, 4 star talent everywhere but never able to put it all together.

Let's all hope for the latter. ;)

Not sure if any of you have seen any of the interviews Taggart has done with ESPN, but wow am I glad we have Dino. I know Taggart's recruiting has been outstanding, but he was putting me to sleep with some of the interviews I saw. Dino appears to have so much more passion and personality when he does these interviews on national TV. I think we are really lucky to have him and Wildhack, and I hope they can get this ship turned around next year.

Taggart is a terrible coach. As a Husky fan I like that we will be able to poach his crootin' class and the qoocks meltdown has been frickin' hilarious. Their not an intelligent bunch by any stretch but god lord their boards right now EL OH EL. However, I wanted him to be there for awhile because Oregon would be perennial 7-5, 8-4 type team. Horrible hire for FSU he's a great recruiter but can't coach his way out of a paper bag. FSU recruits itself so he won't help on that front lol. If Oregon hires Black Sark (Kevin Sumlin) I will be over the moon. It would be the best thing ever besides Herm Edwards to STDU.

Speaking of Herm did anyone see his inductory press conference bahahahahaahahahahahahaha the dude is senile. ASU is going to be a bigger dumpster fire than it already is. T&Ps I suppose.

Last edited:
I get why Taggert would want the FSU job. I feel FSU won't do better than Taggert in recruiting. He's shown he can turn around bad programs. What he hasn't shown is that he can win championships. FSU expects him to win the ACC title. At Oregon he played 3 good teams, they lost all three: WSU 33 - 10, Stanford 49 - 7, Washington 38-3. Granted, he was without his star QB for those games and it's his first year, but these scores aren't remotely competitive and Oregon has talent all over the field. What's going to happen when he's in a conference where most of the schedule is against teams with really good to great talent? Will he win or will this be like the Al Golden era at Miami, 4 star talent everywhere but never able to put it all together.
Oregon's talent is not FSU talent...look what he did with South Florida, went from garbage to ranked in 2 seasons. Imagine what he can do with FSU's roster and what he will be able to recruit in Florida.

Not sure if any of you have seen any of the interviews Taggart has done with ESPN, but wow am I glad we have Dino. I know Taggart's recruiting has been outstanding, but he was putting me to sleep with some of the interviews I saw. Dino appears to have so much more passion and personality when he does these interviews on national TV. I think we are really lucky to have him and Wildhack, and I hope they can get this ship turned around next year.

He is flat out NOT articulate and TY FSU for the hire. He must be talking swahellee in these kids houses. It will catch up. Wow, FSU, this is a huge downgrade, i don't care how he has recruited Fla AS AN ASSISTANT.

He is flat out NOT articulate and TY FSU for the hire. He must be talking swahellee in these kids houses. It will catch up. Wow, FSU, this is a huge downgrade, i don't care how he has recruited Fla AS AN ASSISTANT.

Lol so you need to be articulate to be a good coach? No. He’s recruited well everywhere he’s been so I think you should care to factor that in. Maybe give it some time to see how it works out

What does this mean?

It's Ish8888888's new "Hooked on Ebonics" program. :p

I can only assume he meant Swahili.

giphy.gif

Taggart is a terrible coach. As a Husky fan I like that we will be able to poach his crootin' class and the qoocks meltdown has been frickin' hilarious. Their not an intelligent bunch by any stretch but god lord their boards right now EL OH EL. However, I wanted him to be there for awhile because Oregon would be perennial 7-5, 8-4 type team. Horrible hire for FSU he's a great recruiter but can't coach his way out of a paper bag. FSU recruits itself so he won't help on that front lol. If Oregon hires Black Sark (Kevin Sumlin) I will be over the moon. It would be the best thing ever besides Herm Edwards to STDU.

Speaking of Herm did anyone see his inductory press conference bahahahahaahahahahahahaha the dude is senile. ASU is going to be a bigger dumpster fire than it already is. T&Ps I suppose.
Oregon, Arizona State, FSU and Taggart all dissed in one post. You have hit the grand slam of hate. Well done sir.

Oregon, Arizona State, FSU and Taggart all dissed in one post. You have hit the grand slam of hate. Well done sir.

Yes, how quickly UW fans forget the Ty Willingham and Sarkisian years... Clearly the Alabama of the great Pacific NW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom