FSU vs The ACC | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

New Nebraska AD: "There's going to be some meritocracy versus more of a social approach to revenue distribution," Dannen said. "You'll eventually see that within leagues. You'll eventually see that across sports, maybe other than football. An eat what you kill, in some respects, that mentality. It's going to be much more performance-based and outcomes, when it comes to generating the revenue necessary to compete.

"The CFP decisions that have been made so far show that.

The Big Ten Conference has operated with an equal revenue distribution model, as higher-profile athletic programs like Ohio State and Michigan share with smaller and less-decorated schools. Dannen noted that other leagues also have prided themselves on equal revenue sharing, but that the CFP model is "a tipping point, maybe, for where the future lies."

What I take from this, is the move to the B1G for Nebraska has been a disaster for their football team. They haven’t been to a bowl since 2016.
Don't know if THAT'S the takeaway, but it is factual.

As well as every other school being left out>>>>>> With I suspect serious chancellor-led legal action concerning catastrophic regional academic/economic implications. What would it take to get Congress involved, seriously. This is all absurd, literally criminal with Anti-trust implications.

And people on this board mocked me for saying the same damn thing - where is there any evidence of ESPN really acting in the ACC's best interest to end this attempted breach of contract in its incipiency? Other people see ESPN sitting on the fence, waiting to see how this plays out.

And people on this board mocked me for saying the same damn thing - where is there any evidence of ESPN really acting in the ACC's best interest to end this attempted breach of contract in its incipiency? Other people see ESPN sitting on the fence, waiting to see how this plays out.
I was not referring to ESPN in any way, shape or form definitively. If they were however in the conference crushing game behind the scenes then this certainly should apply to that institution from an ethical as well as legal standpoint. I however did not make mention of ESPN. I honestly think more backdoor channels have occurred in the SEC as well as big whatever now. And I think that is just plainly abhorrent and driven by greed. I do not think the ACCs expansion at least previously was driven by greed. It was actually a lifeline to Syracuse University as well as Pittsburgh. I could say so much more, sort of easy to see what has occurred. Unfortunately, people did not play nice, and we live in a capitalist society, we all hoped academic institutions would refrain, they did not.

Can you point out the mocking?

My point was, if these two ”super leagues” are not intercollegiate, what would keep the NFL from going to saturday. If players are paid by the colleges, and not required to attend classes, they would be employees. Those teams would not be intercollegiate. IMO
The teams left behind would be intercollegiate, so the rule would apply.
Because even if the super leagues aren't intercollegiate, there will be plenty of FBS teams that are left behind, in addition to FCS, D-2 and D-3 which are unaffected.

Its not. Made my bones in Fargo ND and Omaha NE.
It's actually an outdoor drinking game with events usually held after midnight:)

Yeah, I was in the Boy Scouts as a yoot, and we engaged in cow tipping on more than one occasion, while away on camping trips in rural areas.
Like at Gettysburg, for example.

Amazingly - alcohol was not involved.

I don’t believe it, lol. For any of you sandbaggers! And I won’t!!! But I’m sure the stories will pour in.

And I too grew up very rural. Around cows for the majority of my youth.

I realize I’m citing a wiki page here, but it has reference to the scientific study done by the UBC as well as the publications who wrote articles on it.

I don’t believe it, lol. For any of you sandbaggers! And I won’t!!! But I’m sure the stories will pour in.

I realize I’m citing a wiki page here, but it has reference to the scientific study done by the UBC as well as the publications who wrote articles on it.
That's because you were probably not as big of a jerk or as dumb of a drunk as some of the rest of us are. I mean were.

Midwestern cows are thin legged.

The Leon County judge gave the ACC a technical victory but tossed FSU a life line.

The case was dismissed for lack of personal jurisdiction - where the court has authority over a person or entity (oversimplified, but enough for a fan site). This means that FSU failed to establish that the Leon County Court has no basis to hear the complaint, though it may be proper elsewhere. Anyway, as many discussed here and elsewhere, the FSU filing appeared somewhat of a toddler rant in comparison to normal court filings. This ruling may be indicative of what a court may find throughout a protracted trial.

But not failing to add some home cooking, the judge offered FSU' seven days to amend their filing. Then, the ACC will have 20 days to respond. Then, a new hearing will be scheduled.

The judge also stated he will refer the two sides to mediation, as is his usual practice. Mediation should be fun.

FSU: Let me out because I am too special for you. Here is cab fare, now go!

ACC: We own you. Money talks, Baloney walks.

FSU: We will give you $100MM!

ACC: Ummm, do you have $100MM? And if you do, that would be a nice down payment with the remainder due a week later.

FSU: We will pay you out of our new monies and the exit fee is too much!

ACC: So, you don't have any money. You want to pay over time. No interest, no incentive, no nothing.

FSU: Exactly! We are FSU' and you worship at our feet. Now let us go.

ACC: News flash: No, we never worshipped at your feet. Money talks, Baloney walks.

FSU: That's not fair! You forced two presidents and boards of directors to sign the agreement and GOR.

ACC: Are you sure? I mean, you did campaign and demand the increased exit fee and the same for the GOR. You had legal counsel and FSU has a legal team, internal and external.

FSU (Alford, not everyone): Whhaaaa! I want my way. Now give it to me!

ACC: No.

Mediator: Well that went well. That should be enough for the day.

Anyway, this is likely headed to a protracted legal battle and with FSU's poorly worded and unsubstantiated complaint, the court will likely have to drag FSU' to the finish line.

I almost think Alford is hoping to intimidate the ACC into a quick settlement via terror and this blew up in his face when the ACC said no. He is used to bullying people around and insurance companies paying what they will pay anyway, leaving him thinking he is actually a great lawyer while nearly being an actor on behalf of a client.

It may be that a protracted lawsuit harms him more and sooner than one would initially think as FSU' will be racking up the legal bills and since his $100MM offer on a payment plan last summer, FSU has been trying to raise cash in any manner of ways but not seemingly getting a favorable response, the FSU BOT will have to watch and assess Alford's dream tactics. Just speculating, but FSU is going to be hurt financially, possibly worse even if victorious.

The Leon County judge gave the ACC a technical victory but tossed FSU a life line.

The case was dismissed for lack of personal jurisdiction - where the court has authority over a person or entity (oversimplified, but enough for a fan site). This means that FSU failed to establish that the Leon County Court has no basis to hear the complaint, though it may be proper elsewhere. Anyway, as many discussed here and elsewhere, the FSU filing appeared somewhat of a toddler rant in comparison to normal court filings. This ruling may be indicative of what a court may find throughout a protracted trial.

But not failing to add some home cooking, the judge offered FSU' seven days to amend their filing. Then, the ACC will have 20 days to respond. Then, a new hearing will be scheduled.

The judge also stated he will refer the two sides to mediation, as is his usual practice. Mediation should be fun.

ACC: Ummm, do you have $100MM? And if you do, that would be a nice down payment with the remainder due a week later.

ACC: So, you don't have any money. You want to pay over time. No interest, no incentive, no nothing.

ACC: News flash: No, we never worshipped at your feet. Money talks, Baloney walks.

FSU: That's not fair! You forced two presidents and boards of directors to sign the agreement and GOR.

ACC: Are you sure? I mean, you did campaign and demand the increased exit fee and the same for the GOR. You had legal counsel and FSU has a legal team, internal and external.

Anyway, this is likely headed to a protracted legal battle and with FSU's poorly worded and unsubstantiated complaint, the court will likely have to drag FSU' to the finish line.

I almost think Alford is hoping to intimidate the ACC into a quick settlement via terror and this blew up in his face when the ACC said no. He is used to bullying people around and insurance companies paying what they will pay anyway, leaving him thinking he is actually a great lawyer while nearly being an actor on behalf of a client.

It may be that a protracted lawsuit harms him more and sooner than one would initially think as FSU' will be racking up the legal bills and since his $100MM offer on a payment plan last summer, FSU has been trying to raise cash in any manner of ways but not seemingly getting a favorable response, the FSU BOT will have to watch and assess Alford's dream tactics. Just speculating, but FSU is going to be hurt financially, possibly worse even if victorious.
great post.

FSU is paying to be first off the boat. It's a bad legal strategy but bold/maybe smart marketing play to get to the front of the line when all this reshuffles again.

This has the makings of a NunesMagician Octonian article. I like!

Great analysis! At what point does he tell FSU, "I'm cutting you loose; I have ambulances to chase"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom