FSU vs The ACC | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

As you said, it's really difficult to project this, given how turbulent the media and conference landscape will be in the foreseeable future.

I do suspect the B12 will be earning more than the ACC relatively soon. There just aren't a lot of premium rights available in the next few years, and there is a serious demand on the part of both the traditional media companies and the streamers.

The B12 doesn't have the brands that the ACC does, but it generates more viewing. There is a lot of value there for both subscribers and ad sales.

And oddly enough, it's their lack of premium brands that makes them less likely to be raided by the SEC and B1G. Plus their leadership totally gets the new media landscape.
The Big with OU and Texas generated more viewers per league football game than did the ACC. There is no reason to think that the Big 12 minus OU and UT will do the same. In fact, it could be quite a bit lower. That plus all the power of prestige if universities is the reason that the ACC must find at least one deep poets back, because schools like Utah, Arizona, Arizona St, Baylor, TCU, TTU, Cincy, WVU can be up for moving ion the ACC can swing the deal.

Mediation failed in the ACC vs FSU lawsuit.

Another what, $50K or so thrown away for absolutely nothing? Nice.

I need to find a way to invest in the law firms involved in these lawsuits.

Double that and you will be close. FSU has three on this each at close to 1k an hour. Had to be 40 hours of billing between prep and actual meetings

And yet we had posters here saying that the ACC would and should settle.
(i still think they will). It won't happen via mediation when the bid/ask is so absurdly wide.

at some point the worm will turn in terms of leverage here. At this juncture, the ACC has 95% of the leverage.

As the clock clicks closer to 2030, the ACC would be in their best interest to strike a deal vs get "nothing" for the inevitable exits. Also the longer they wait the longer other options come to the table too.

I just think at a point the rubicon will pass and a settlement will make sense. Maybe i'm completely wrong but that's how I see it going

(i still think they will). It won't happen via mediation when the bid/ask is so absurdly wide.

at some point the worm will turn in terms of leverage here. At this juncture, the ACC has 95% of the leverage.

As the clock clicks closer to 2030, the ACC would be in their best interest to strike a deal vs get "nothing" for the inevitable exits. Also the longer they wait the longer other options come to the table too.

I just think at a point the rubicon will pass and a settlement will make sense. Maybe i'm completely wrong but that's how I see it going
They have to keep the conference together until after the Big 12 negotiates its new deal.

2030? That is a lifetime from now. We are talking about now. There is no way the league should settle anything now. Or any time soon.

We have less than zero idea what the college sports landscape will be like in 2030 right now, so the ACC will have that advantage for a while yet. Plus, cooler heads could prevail at F$U and Klimpson and it could all go away as "a terrible misunderstanding."

Go Georgia Tech! Fan of Haynes King. He was so bad at A&M before he got injured. He has been so much better at GT. Good to see.

We have less than zero idea what the college sports landscape will be like in 2030 right now, so the ACC will have that advantage for a while yet. Plus, cooler heads could prevail at F$U and Klimpson and it could all go away as "a terrible misunderstanding."
By 2030, I think both the B1G and SEC Big dogs will come to the realization that they need bottom feeders to beat up week in and week out. Either the two lose big dogs so they can rule their own conferences or the B1G and SEC expand to "bring in new markets", as we know it to mean, bring in new mid-tier and bottom feeders to increase the Big dogs win totals.

By 2030, I think both the B1G and SEC Big dogs will come to the realization that they need bottom feeders to beat up week in and week out. Either the two lose big dogs so they can rule their own conferences or the B1G and SEC expand to "bring in new markets", as we know it to mean, bring in new mid-tier and bottom feeders to increase the Big dogs win totals.
It's hard to say what it's going to going to happn because there are so many plausible possibilities. It seems like every day someone comes up with a new one that is just as likely and possible as what's been projected before. So far, nothing that has happened stands in the way of what I've been predicting, a breakaway from the NCAA by the bluebloods to form a league that doesn't require class attendance.

It's hard to say what it's going to going to happn because there are so many plausible possibilities. It seems like every day someone comes up with a new one that is just as likely and possible as what's been projected before. So far, nothing that has happened stands in the way of what I've been predicting, a breakaway from the NCAA by the bluebloods to form a league that doesn't require class attendance.
I believe most SEC teams would go that route. It’s the Michigan type public universities in the B1G that I see hold back. There is still much pride in being a student and your classmates ruling the gridiron and other sports. While Alabama, Auburn, the Mississippi schools and others are far less academically minded, the B1G loves the perception of strong academics AND athletics. I am not sure present donors are will8ng to forget their heritage.

The SEC would not skip a beat under your scenario as most of their history has been compiled by paying players. Who can tell which way the CFB world will turn?

No incentive for the ACC to settle. Even if they never settle FSU is on the hook for $150M regardless in 2036.

BTW, FSU extended Alford 4 extra years.

If that ever happens...time to strip tax exempt status from universities since it appears they want to run AAA teams for the NFL and NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom