Funny | Syracusefan.com

Funny

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
How many fans were still coming in late to the game (at least they came) and missed the first touchdown AGAIN? Less than 2 minutes into the game we scored and the latecomers were asking "we scored? how?" Have to learn that this team is "fast" and the fans have to be also or plan to miss out on some great plays. This team punishes slow and late. :cool:

How many fans were still coming in late to the game (at least they came) and missed the first touchdown AGAIN? Less than 2 minutes into the game we scored and the latecomers were asking "we scored? how?" Have to learn that this team is "fast" and the fans have to be also or plan to miss out on some great plays. This team punishes slow and late. :cool:
My 6 year old has two favorite players: dungey and phillips. He went BANANAS on that TD. As his dad I got quite the chuckle.

Tell that to ESPN ... I missed the first score here in North Carolina b/c the broadcast network couldn't get their act together.

PS - the final quarter was the best part

That stinks. Hope the networks learn the new truth too! :)

Same here in CO. Though I had it DVRed it made no sense to me why they had that game on. Was there tech difficulty?

That stinks. Hope the networks learn the new truth too! :)
same in NYC.

we had the unc game on the U when Syracuse was listed.

i had to tape it so i was fasting it just to make sure it didnt show up, they had the score in the corner...but not on...

then it just switched.

thank the lord i taped an extra hour...

I missed it too. We were on espnu here. At first, they had the unc miami game (which was listed on espn2) on espnu. Espn2 was busy doing some postgame show. Once they were finished, they put the unc game on and swithced espnu to us. I think they chose to do their show and probably thought the unc/miami would rate higher. I dunno. F**k espn.

ESPN_Sucks.jpg

Same in TX.

Clemson ran late with pushed UNC-Miami off ABC to the U, which pushed us online.

Clemson ran late with pushed UNC-Miami off ABC to the U, which pushed us online.

One - I think that's a crazy policy.

Two - Our game didn't even show up on WatchESPN until a couple of plays in. Wasn't an option in live games.

Three - Clemson game ended. ABC switched to UNC-Miami. ESPNU didn't switch off UNC-Miami until about 5 good minutes later.

Thought it was terrible all the way around.

I had the folks getting into their seats late and asking me to move so I missed it to and I was at the GD game
This is a pet peev of mine. Nobody understands stadium etiquette . You don't leave your seat, or go to your seat when the play is on! You wait for a stoppage in play. I drill this into anybody that sits with me at games. Nothing more annoying than somebody's a$$ in your face while trying to watch the action! Rant over

This is a pet peev of mine. Nobody understands stadium etiquette . You don't leave your seat, or go to your seat when the play is on! You wait for a stoppage in play. I drill this into anybody that sits with me at games. Nothing more annoying than somebody's a$$ in your face while trying to watch the action! Rant over
No offense but with this offense nobody would be able to get to or leave their seats until the series is over using that rationale.

It's OK, there will be more scores you can watch.

GET OFF MY BLEACHER!!!!
No offense but with this offense nobody would be able to get to or leave their seats until the series is over using that rationale.

It's OK, there will be more scores you can watch.
kimberly-clark-depend-fitted-maximum-protection-adult-disposable-incontinence-briefs-IQNPLQCGE.jpg

yep and these were some older folk who should know better. I just moved to these seats this year and haven't really gotten to know anyone yet. Not sure if they're regulars or not but the next home game will be the test. I wish the usher would hold people until a stoppage in play like they do for basketball games

Last edited:
Our game didn't even show up on WatchESPN until a couple of plays in. Wasn't an option in live games.

I think you may have just missed it then. I had it on from the opening kick on WatchESPN.

I think you may have just missed it then. I had it on from the opening kick on WatchESPN.

I wasn't alone. A couple of us in the game thread said the same thing. There were 2 UNC-Miami links, no SU-VT links. I should have taken a screenshot. The 3:40 UNC-Miami link changed into an SU link. I should have just clicked on it, because a 3:40 UNC-Miami link made no sense for a 3:30 game.

I was using a browser, not the app. Laptop was nearby so I didn't bother with my iPad or Roku, thinking it was so temporary.

I wasn't alone. A couple of us in the game thread said the same thing. There were 2 UNC-Miami links, no SU-VT links. I should have taken a screenshot. The 3:40 UNC-Miami link changed into an SU link. I should have just clicked on it, because a 3:40 UNC-Miami link made no sense for a 3:30 game.

I was using a browser, not the app. Laptop was nearby so I didn't bother with my iPad or Roku, thinking it was so temporary.

Strange - I used the browser too (I guess that's technically ESPN3, not WatchESPN..), there wasn't a direct link at the top of the page, but I looked at the football results for 3:45 start times and it was there a few minutes before kick-off.

Either way, if you didn't check for it like that, hopefully it will help out a few people next time this happens.

Strange - I used the browser too (I guess that's technically ESPN3, not WatchESPN..), there wasn't a direct link at the top of the page, but I looked at the football results for 3:45 start times and it was there a few minutes before kick-off.

Either way, if you didn't check for it like that, hopefully it will help out a few people next time this happens.

I'll admit, some of it could have been left button smashing blinding red frustration. But then I did stop, breath, and look carefully.

You're right, there are a few ways to search for games.

And all is well, because I found it in plenty of time for the TD.

Tell that to ESPN ... I missed the first score here in North Carolina b/c the broadcast network couldn't get their act together.

it was like that everywhere. Cause abc was in overtimed they moved that game to espn, then moved espn to espnu and just let cuse have the espn3 game. Really stupid they did that cause it effected way to many games and im sure many fans with all these teams were vonfused

Yeah, I was hot. I kept scanning the channels to find it while screaming. My son calmly found it for me. That is what happens when you're predicted to lose by 20 or more.

Same here in Tennessee. They were initially showing the Miami game. And while we're on the subject of their incompetence, the camera work was horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom