Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I work for the Red Bulls down here in NJ and we've won the JD Power award for the best fan experience in the NY metro area (and the country) for 2 years running. We don't do any of the nonsense with music/contests/etc, it's about how we treat the fans that come into the building. A lot of the stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with fan experience.

However, I'd say that contacting his ticket rep regarding his concerns wasn't the best idea. We have little to no impact in that department, which is probably why he got a condescending response.
Should a condescending response ever be given to a loyal paying customer by someone that represents a company? Maybe they could have directed him to correct contact.

Should a condescending response ever be given to a loyal paying customer by someone that represents a company? Maybe they could have directed him to correct contact.
I'm not saying it's ok. I would never do that to my clients! I save all my condescension for this board. :p

But I know some reps that can get annoyed and no one's perfect. Sometimes people have a bad day, you know?

I work for the Red Bulls down here in NJ and we've won the JD Power award for the best fan experience in the NY metro area (and the country) for 2 years running. We don't do any of the nonsense with music/contests/etc, it's about how we treat the fans that come into the building. A lot of the stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with fan experience.

However, I'd say that contacting his ticket rep regarding his concerns wasn't the best idea. We have little to no impact in that department, which is probably why he got a condescending response.

I believe my company just put in a mini pitch for the Red Bulls this summer.

Red Bull Arena has the worst concessions operations I've ever experiencd at any major athletic stadium.

40 minutes to get a warm can of beer at halftime... Concessions workers popping tins of completely unrefrigerated suds at a snail's pace, with lines that barely move.

That said, there is a great hole in the wall Portuguese restaurant in walking distance just over the highway bridge, that's great for pregame eats/drinks.

Red Bull Arena has the worst concessions operations I've ever experiencd at any major athletic stadium.

40 minutes to get a warm can of beer at halftime... Concessions workers popping tins of completely unrefrigerated suds at a snail's pace, with lines that barely move.

That said, there is a great hole in the wall Portuguese restaurant in walking distance just over the highway bridge, that's great for pregame eats/drinks.
Any stadium in the world would have problems if there's 25,000 people going to the concession stands at halftime. We've definitely been trying to rectify that problem over the past few years with more beer carts. I always go in the 35th minute and don't have to wait at all if I'm a spectator. You just might miss a few mins of the game.

Ironbound is amazing though. My guess is you're talking about Catas?

Any stadium in the world would have problems if there's 25,000 people going to the concession stands at halftime. We've definitely been trying to rectify that problem over the past few years with more beer carts. I always go in the 35th minute and don't have to wait at all if I'm a spectator. You just might miss a few mins of the game.

Not to continue off topic, but does that stadium reach capacity often? You’d think NYC/NJ could support a soccer stadium twice, maybe three times the size.

TBH, I went to a combo NYRB/USMNT back to back games 2-or 3 years ago and the place was packed.

That said, either the concessions were staffed for a normal single game and couldn't keep up or they were just very inefficient. Either way, 40 minutes for a warm can of beer is not acceptable.

I believe the restaurant was Iberia Penisula over the river bridge...

TBH, I went to a combo NYRB/USMNT back to back games 2-or 3 years ago and the place was packed.

That said, either the concessions were staffed for a normal single game and couldn't keep up or they were just very inefficient. Either way, 40 minutes for a warm can of beer is not acceptable.

I believe the restaurant was Iberia Penisula over the river bridge...
Yeah, we've gotten a lot better since then. Probably had to keep refilling the beer coolers and it never got time to get cold. Not as much of a problem now.

Iberia isn't quite a hole in the wall haha, it's probably one of the biggest places over there!

Not to continue off topic, but does that stadium reach capacity often? You’d think NYC/NJ could support a soccer stadium twice, maybe three times the size.
We do pretty well, but there's too many eurosnobs over here that refuse to support MLS because they are diehard Real Madrid fans even though they've never been to Spain. Our fanbase is small but loyal. Generally we sell out 3-5 RBNY matches a season.

We do pretty well, but there's too many eurosnobs over here that refuse to support MLS because they are diehard Real Madrid fans even though they've never been to Spain. Our fanbase is small but loyal. Generally we sell out 3-5 RBNY matches a season.

I am a long-time RBNY season ticket holder and the way the organization treats its ticketholders is top-notch. As Bnoro said, the concessions are an issue, but the organization has tried to improve and it has gotten better. Still room to go, but the effort is appreciated. I think its a model organization when it comes to engaging with its season-ticket holders.

Thanks Bnoro for all you do!

I am a long-time RBNY season ticket holder and the way the organization treats its ticketholders is top-notch. As Bnoro said, the concessions are an issue, but the organization has tried to improve and it has gotten better. Still room to go, but the effort is appreciated. I think its a model organization when it comes to engaging with its season-ticket holders.

Thanks Bnoro's mom! ;)

We appreciate the support! Looking forward to another great season in 2019.

I guess I haven't been over that way in a long time, but I did not realize how much steel has been put up on the new veteran's center:

Isn't a football jumbo tron gonna be too big for basketball? Wouldn't that be much bigger?

Campus Construction Update Town Hall Meetings Announced

Campus Construction Update Town Hall Meetings Announced

Wednesday, February 27, 2019, By Kathleen Haley

Barnes Center at The ArchCampus FrameworkNational Veterans Resource Center

Campus community members are invited to three Campus Construction Update Town Hall Meetings this spring. The office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) will host the sessions on March 5, March 21 and April 11.
The meetings will include information on the continuing construction projects across campus and upcoming projects as part of the Campus Framework, including the Barnes Center at The Arch; the National Veterans Resource Center; the Stadium Roof Project construction and impact to campus; classroom improvements; residence hall renovations; and campus accessibility improvements. The meeting will also cover utility work, signage and wayfinding.
The Campus Framework works in coordination with the University’s Academic Strategic Plan to shape, guide and manage the Syracuse University campus environment and its physical form in support of the University’s mission. It seeks to foster an inclusive range of strategies to address the student experience, integrate accessibility and mobility, and improve the academic and research environments.
Community members are invited to attend one or more of the following Campus Construction Update Town Hall Meetings:
  • Tuesday, March 5, 4-5 p.m., 010 Crouse-Hinds Hall
  • Thursday, March 21, 4-5 p.m., Shemin Auditorium, Shaffer Art Building
  • Thursday, April 11, 4-5 p.m., Shemin Auditorium, Shaffer Art Building
American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) will be provided at each event. If you have requests for accessibility and accommodations, contact the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services office at 315.443.4018.
To learn more about individual construction projects and project timelines, visit the CPDC website.

Isn't a football jumbo tron gonna be too big for basketball? Wouldn't that be much bigger?
My fear is they try to come up with something that's a jack-of-all-trades, but when it comes to scoreboards there's usually no such thing as too big.

My fear is they try to come up with something that's a jack-of-all-trades, but when it comes to scoreboards there's usually no such thing as too big.

the new roof is going to have a really good cable system that can move around so hopefully it's center hung for FB and then can shift over for bball?

the new roof is going to have a really good cable system that can move around so hopefully it's center hung for FB and then can shift over for bball?
If the new roof is only 40 feet taller I'm not sure there's enough space for a big jumbotron without affecting punters' trajectories. I'd love it if we could move it around just to mess with the other team's punts though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom