Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

so now I have this up at work on one screen watching. Does anyone know what the "tiny" crane located at 1 o'clock is building?

I can't wait for you to change your avatar. :) Unfortunately, that beautiful butterfly - sight to see - has long flown away...to never be seen again. Kills me every time I see a post of yours knowing our caterpillar won't be transforming to that. :):(

Soon but I'm not ready to give it up yet. by the Clemson game I'll change it to something I'm sureish ;)

I cant wait to see the second almost as big a crane on the other end of the dome in the next couple weeks. it will be a sight to see...

It will be in the red circled area...

It’s already up. I’ve posted a few pics of it. It’s near gate E and is the white one.

Seeing what the crane is sitting on, I wonder if they would build something on that parcel now that it is all leveled out? West-end tailgate tent like they have set up on the Quad?
Maybe short term a tailgate tent would be great. Longer term I hope the dome footprint eventually takes up that space.

I cant wait to see the second almost as big a crane on the other end of the dome in the next couple weeks. it will be a sight to see...

It will be in the red circled area...
It's already there...you can see it in the live feed.

so now I have this up at work on one screen watching. Does anyone know what the "tiny" crane located at 1 o'clock is building?
One of them is probably working on the installation of the cross braces. Just my guess.

If they open up the walls, the roof comes down.

I was looking at the Sala video and then the live feed and it looks like they opened it up under that spot and added steel supports...or the supports were there behind the wall.

I don’t think so. I think they added something on the outside.
If you look at the live feed and then look at the Sala video at the 2:21 mark it looks they opened some of the wall up to add support. Oh NJCuse97 I need your expertise.

And yes...I am a construction nerd.

Gonna ask the question again. Is there any talk about renaming the dome or is it locked into Carrier?

If you look at the live feed and then look at the Sala video at the 2:21 mark it looks they opened some of the wall up to add support. Oh NJCuse97 I need your expertise.

And yes...I am a construction nerd.
I am taking a break from my architecture to talk about... architecture. I think what you are seeing on the live feed is a darker shadow line caused by the overhead protection of anyone on that porch (in case something like a bolt, or a tool or hardhat falls). There is scaffold or jack posts and then some form of plywood protection or maybe even form-work for the lower concrete beam. I don't think it is a wall opening.

I am taking a break from my architecture to talk about... architecture. I think what you are seeing on the live feed is a darker shadow line caused by the overhead protection of anyone on that porch (in case something like a bolt, or a tool or hardhat falls). There is scaffold or jack posts and then some form of plywood protection or maybe even form-work for the lower concrete beam. I don't think it is a wall opening.

Yeah, it's the shadow of the plywood overhead protection above the gate entrance on that landing.

Yeah, it's the shadow of the plywood overhead protection above the gate entrance on that landing.
No. I'm seeing what NJCuse97 described as jack posts just below the x bracing.

Screenshot (22).png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom