Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I think there has been some transparency. Sala has the occasional interview or statement about status that they put online. They have the web cam. It’s not completely dark.
I do too. My point is that they don’t owe us anything. They are a private entity. It’s no different than any of us replacing our roof. Why open it up to unnecessary scrutiny or someone trying to find a way to stop it. The city and the local residents twice almost killed the IPF.

What red tape? They should be trying to keep the community engaged. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. Only thing I can think of is that the designs and materials are still changing... although you'd think everything is finalized at this point.
I would love to see updates too, but they owe us nothing. They are doing it whether we like it or not. No good can come from publicizing it anymore

Yes, two materials. Yes the center will be translucent, but be warned, it’s likely more on the opaque side than on the transparent side.
Thanks, I was hoping some natural light would be allowed in. Maybe that feel can be accomplished by good led lighting .

I do too. My point is that they don’t owe us anything.
of course and i wasn’t suggesting they needed to. Just doesn’t hurt to get the word out more both from a promotional and educational perspective... seeing as the university is partly dependent on the townies who go to these games and give back to the school.

What’s the harm in playing up all the cool and exciting things that are in store to improve the fan experience? Anything to raise the interest level and awareness seems like a no brainer.

If there’s an advantage to keeping a low profile on this I’d like to hear it.

of course and i wasn’t suggesting they needed to. Just doesn’t hurt to get the word out more both from a promotional and educational perspective... seeing as the university is partly dependent on the townies who go to these games and give back to the school.

What’s the harm in playing up all the cool and exciting things that are in store to improve the fan experience? Anything to raise the interest level and awareness seems like a no brainer.

More people are likely to be vocal if they don’t like it. Just look at Syracuse.com. The place is almost sold out this year. There is very little to gain. A vast minority of protesters made enough noise to stop Amazon in NYC. I have personally been on the receiving end of such crusades. All it would take is someone who doesn’t like it finding one thing to stop it, like the discovery of an endangered worm or something, and it’s shut down.

More people are likely to be vocal if they don’t like it. Just look at Syracuse.com. The place is almost sold out this year. There is very little to gain. A vast minority of protesters made enough noise to stop Amazon in NYC. I have personally been on the receiving end of such crusades. All it would take is someone who doesn’t like it finding one thing to stop it, like the discovery of an endangered worm or something, and it’s shut down.
The Conqueror Worm. ;)

Sad that it has come to that.

I know this is OT but I thought amazon was killed because of that idiot Cortez.

Amazon was killed because it was a horrendous deal for the city. They were contributing absolutely nothing after all the tax breaks and credits.

Also, F Amazon.
How was it a horrendous deal for the city?

If Amazon offered to bring 20,000 jobs to Syracuse in exchange for a 30-year tax-free ride would you still say that?
There's a huge difference to the impact that something like this would have on Syracuse than NYC. If Amazon chose Newark it probably would have been a positive for that area too.

Still, Amazon has a lot of questionable business practices I struggle to get on board with which is why I don't use them for things I can buy at a local shop.

How was it a horrendous deal for the city?
The giant tax break/credit is the obvious issue, the city shouldn't be building Amazon's HQ with the amount of money they make. The "25,000 new jobs" were over a 10 year period, and NYC already adds more way new jobs annually. Prices for apartments/rents are consistently going up, this just exacerbates that problem, and puts more strain on an already struggling transit system.

There was no commitment from Amazon to do anything that benefited the city.

NIMBY's complain about everything and then they kill anything that promotes growth in Syracuse. Smart decision by the university not publicizing every detail about the dome renovation.

I think it's clear that the administration does not want to release anything publicly unless it is rock solid. The blowback over the initial Pete Sala presser announcing the Dome renovations and the renderings that showed a state of the art facility rivaling NFL level stadia continues. Even some of the details that have been released have been recently revised as plans continue to evolve.

If Amazon offered to bring 20,000 jobs to Syracuse in exchange for a 30-year tax-free ride would you still say that?

20,000 jobs? That's bush league stuff. Didn't Bob Congel promise 250,000 jobs in exchange for a 30-year PILOT? Or maybe that was just a bad dream.

20,000 jobs? That's bush league stuff. Didn't Bob Congel promise 250,000 jobs in exchange for a 30-year PILOT? Or maybe that was just a bad dream.
I'm still holding out hope for the amusement park I thought was part of the original plan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom