Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I think an opening might be in the area on the bottom floor at the east end of the stadium. Currently, the university has a temporary lounge, eating area next to the new restrooms. There could be steps or an escalator going down from ground level.

I hope they have the ability to build an open air tailgate deck above it. Makes great sense to me
I believe I read that there are plans for that. At least there were.

SU apparently filed two plans for this project. One was reduced in scale fairly dramatically.

Was disappointed they did not excavate and open the dome footprint on the 100 level as part of this project. I know money is tight and it is not possible to always do what you want to do.

But you only get one chance to do this. Let's do it right.

I believe I read that there are plans for that. At least there were.

SU apparently filed two plans for this project. One was reduced in scale fairly dramatically.

Was disappointed they did not excavate and open the dome footprint on the 100 level as part of this project. I know money is tight and it is not possible to always do what you want to do.

But you only get one chance to do this. Let's do it right.

100!!!

Moreover, IMO, SU can ill afford missing on anything over the next decade in what it does (of course on the field, but off of it as well as it relates) if it wants any hope of serious future consideration in a power conference.

If you read the article, it said that SU installed everything necessary for 5G, and they now have to wait for Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile to do their part. So clearly not SU's fault.
cell signals have sucked at the Dome since the dawn of time. I can wait a few more months. People always look for something to complain about. I know tomorrow when I get into the Dome it will make me feel the same way it did as a kid. No bells and whistles change that.

cell signals have sucked at the Dome since the dawn of time. I can wait a few more months. People always look for something to complain about. I know tomorrow when I get into the Dome it will make me feel the same way it did as a kid. No bells and whistles change that.
THIS!

Since we have no home games in October, they might be up and running for games in November.

Anyone know or have seen what the interior of the Miron Victory Court will look like? I’ve seen renderings of the outside, but curious if they plan to open the walls on the dome side up in anyway?

From what I can guess by these updates (thanks for the link!) they removed an extended canopy at either end, which would have provided some columns to the aesthetic (not sure if the columns were brick) and provided sun/rain protection at those existing corner entries. They also seem to have eliminated a lantern of some sort (labeled clerestory). This would have been a tall portion that would have allowed some natural light to spill in. I do not think they will have any skylights and it’s just plain in advisable in a snow heavy environment like Syracuse. They would almost definitely leak. A clerestory is a window on the wall really high up with the main purpose of venting hot air, and letting light in, but not for “views”. Less leak likelihood. There is mechanical equipment on the roof still, but even without I would be shocked if they opened a roof deck for tailgating (if I’m interpreting the thought mentioned above correctly). So much extra cost for life safety and structure as well as maintenance. Liability insurance alone would put this out. It does appear they will remove the Dome wall below the roof line. They may need to beef up the structure above the opening and they therefore intend to hide that behind white metal wall panels (sorry again brick lovers). This seems to link a bit to the Barnes aesthetic. To me, this is looking a bit underwhelming, but it is something. There may be a lot more to this than can be discerned from this submission. When going to an ABJ and community for approval with anything, you try to tell as little as possible and under promise.

Also, I'm going to a game to watch football and hang out with my friends. As long as I can text I don't know what else I really need my phone for.

Also, I'm going to a game to watch football and hang out with my friends. As long as I can text I don't know what else I really need my phone for.
its been a long time since txting in the dome worked for me on verizon.

LOL, you can't even get into the Dome without your phone now. Once inside, you may want to see scores from other games, text a friend, use it to buy something (Apple Wallet), etc. But as you know, you'll be tracked the ENTIRE time ... everywhere you go and everything you do. And it's not just TM, it's sidearm sports and a whole bunch of data trolls along the digital trail. I'm like you: I'd prefer to leave my phone at home and enjoy the game. No longer permitted.

Last edited:
LOL, you can't even get into the Dome without your phone now. Once inside, you may want to see scores from other games, text a friend, use it to buy something (Apple Wallet), etc. But as you know, you'll be tracked the ENTIRE time ... everywhere you go and everything you do. And it's not just TM, it's sidearm sports and a whole bunch of data trolls along the digital trail. I'm like you: I'd prefer to leave my phone at home and enjoy the game. No longer permitted.
100%

I would rather not have my phone, get out of town scores and stats on the 100 boards

Since we dont need them, why to pro nfl/mlb have the stats/scores up all over the place? People have phones at those events as well.

Much easier to take a quick glance, than pull out a phone, scroll to an app, wait to load, find the proper page and see something.

F4_Gx-lXEAAGz_r

SU promised they would create some kind of tribute for Carrier to recognize the company for the key role they played in getting the dome built. I really like this. It is appropriate and well done.

Good job SU!

The only thing that'd make it better would be if the crown of the sign had been stylized to look like the original (awesome) Dome logo:

il_fullxfull.4953082680_5lyx.jpg

Agreed, excellent job by SU on the sign: unobtrusive but gracious and appropriate.

Yup. Other than texting ppl about the game and maybe checking stats/other games that is all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom