Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are still taking that route to get through the city without the viaduct there instead of using the 481 bypass, then you are a moron (not you specifically, but in general).
Agreed...but even if you did, you would drive only 1.4 miles on non-highway.

Agreed...but even if you did, you would drive only 1.4 miles on non-highway.
For commuters who work and live in either the north/northwest suburbs or south/SW suburbs I wouldn't be surprised if commute times are comparable or even a minute or two less taking old 81. 481 is a major detour for those points on the map.

This discussion would be moot if there was a western bypass as originally proposed. Tearing down 81 would have near-unanimous support and they probably wouldve already had bulldozers starting demo work.

For commuters who work and live in either the north/northwest suburbs or south/SW suburbs I wouldn't be surprised if commute times are comparable or even a minute or two less taking old 81. 481 is a major detour for those points on the map.
481 is only 3.3 miles longer than the current 81 and the new grid will only have 1.4 miles of non-highway. Commute times have already been calculated and the differences are not much between now and future with the grid.

481 is only 3.3 miles longer than the current 81 and the new grid will only have 1.4 miles of non-highway. Commute times have already been calculated and the differences are not much between now and future with the grid.
Which is exactly why commuters may NOT take 481. People don't like to change their habits. I might drive the grid out of spite anyway.

Which is exactly why commuters may NOT take 481. People don't like to change their habits. I might drive the grid out of spite anyway.
:)
Just like now, you will need to choose the best route for you.

Let's get this back on topic...

giphy.gif

During the renovation process? What does that mean? I don't want the design to be compromised simply because they want the old dome to be open for business while the new dome is being built overhead.

translation: we don't have the money to do this yet.
If it's truly being held up by $$$, then this could be a looooooooooong wait before any groundbreaking. If SU was outside the city limits, Joanie Mahoney could have diverted that $100M gift currently set aside for the fairgrounds. And I love the fair but still.

During the renovation process? What does that mean? I don't want the design to be compromised simply because they want the old dome to be open for business while the new dome is being built overhead.
I think he means they want to maintain the iconic properties even after the renovation. Notice there are no quotes around that part. Those words were the author's.

If it's truly being held up by $$$, then this could be a looooooooooong wait before any groundbreaking. If SU was outside the city limits, Joanie Mahoney could have diverted that $100M gift currently set aside for the fairgrounds. And I love the fair but still.
There is no indication it is being held up by $$$

There is no indication it is being held up by $$$
That's great if true. When do you think we'll hear something more definitive?

That's great if true. When do you think we'll hear something more definitive?
I don't mean to be a wiseguy here...really...but we will hear when they announce it. Sala said from the start this was going to be very challenging...especially the part about not disrupting any game schedules. It's a complex project and will take time to develop. We need to be patient.

Reactions: FAL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors