FWIW...Student mask compliance... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW...Student mask compliance...

Yeah, but not on the Quad, where there actually is 24 hour surveillance. As predicted, DPS is useless.

So true. I think we share similar feelings about DPS but in this case I am not even sure I can blame them. Expecting them to police social distancing in general was always a huge stretch add in all the other factors and the current environment nationally forget about it.

I did Capt. Thanks for asking but he excuses literally everything. But yes if I was paying to go to college, I'd make an effort to follow simple rules rather than risk getting kicked out. Don't think it's too much to ask right now.

He’ll be that parent blaming the school and defending “his little princess” when she breaks the rules in school in the future.

SU released a statement acknowledging and condemning last night's gatherings. From the head of SU's COVID response: "I say this because the students who gathered on the Quad last night may have done damage enough to shut down campus...before the academic semester even begins."

1597936732935.png

So true. I think we share similar feelings about DPS but in this case I am not even sure I can blame them. Expecting them to police social distancing in general was always a huge stretch add in all the other factors and the current environment nationally forget about it.

And the fact that it's been business as usual for the students, except many came back earlier than usual (or never left). They've been boozing all week with DPS standing around and watching. People who've been getting liquored up for 12 hours with no sign that their behavior is being checked are probably going to do some stupid s--- at midnight.

How many parents will be angrier at the school than at their kid if their kid gets identified and punished? That's the problem that's gotten us into this mess.

I bet all the parents you described would read this and nod their heads in agreement.

Though I think the helicopter parent thing is a bit of a trope and not nearly as prevalent as people think it is.

its obvious young college kids are going to do what they are going to do regardless of a pandemic happening. will be shut down everywhere.

Oh please stop it with the drama. They were all tested around others who were tested. It's not ideal during these times but better outside in the quad then in some freshmen door floor or other indoor place.

I'm not going to scold them cause I did the same thing when I was in college and y'all did too. We all had the same mentality.

I bet all the parents you described would read this and nod their heads in agreement.

Though I think the helicopter parent thing is a bit of a trope and not nearly as prevalent as people think it is.

Could be. Those people take up a lot of attention but could be a minority. I sure notice them, and I know they take up a disproportionate share of resources at SU. You'd be stunned to know how many parents call or e-mail professors with complaints, and even more surprised to hear about the students who threaten to have parents call. "I don't pay $70,000 a year to..." is something students actually say.