FWIW...Student mask compliance... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW...Student mask compliance...

Oh please stop it with the drama. They were all tested around others who were tested. It's not ideal during these times but better outside in the quad then in some freshmen door floor or other indoor place.

I'm not going to scold them cause I did the same thing when I was in college and y'all did too. We all had the same mentality.

You still do. That's the problem.

All of us had the same mentality when we were 20. Some of us aren't even ashamed of it (those were fun times). But 99% of us grew up and try to do better every day.

Oh please stop it with the drama. They were all tested around others who were tested. It's not ideal during these times but better outside in the quad then in some freshmen door floor or other indoor place.

I'm not going to scold them cause I did the same thing when I was in college and y'all did too. We all had the same mentality.

And we also didn’t go to school in the middle of a worldwide health pandemic.

well if everyone has been tested and doing smart things outside of what they do around campus and the rates in NY are really low, who knows ..

but still being stupid when something is pretty easy to not be stupid..

do you know when each of them were tested?

I bet all the parents you described would read this and nod their heads in agreement.

Though I think the helicopter parent thing is a bit of a trope and not nearly as prevalent as people think it is.

I wouldn’t consider this being a helicopter parent. We’re talking about a pandemic and if kids get suspended a lot of money spent and maybe lost.

do you know when each of them were tested?
Don't know about quarantined kids but kids returning to campus from non-quarantined locations need to have a negative test no more than ten days prior to their return to campus and then will have to have another test once they are back on campus.

I think Syracuse is being very diligent with these requirements.

I wonder what the requirements were at some of these other schools where you now have large outbreaks.

Did they force their returning students to get tested and provide proof of a negative test before returning?
Was there any quarantining of students returning from problem states/areas?
Was there mandatory testing once they returned to campus?

Last edited:
Don't know about quarantined kids but kids returning to campus from non-quarantined locations need to have a negative test no more than ten days prior to their return to campus and then will have to have another test once they are back on campus.

I think Syracuse is being very diligent with these requirements.

I wonder what the requirements were at some of these other schools where you now have large outbreaks.

Did they force their returning students to get tested and provide proof of a negative test before returning?
Was there any quarantining of students returning from problem states/areas?
Was there mandatory testing once they returned to campus?

Lol. I wasn’t asking you though. You are correct.

Not one person here should be surprised this happened. Im only surprised more precautions by campus security and administrators weren’t taken to stop and avoid it.

You can’t expect 18-21 years on a campus to just stay in the rooms.
It’s pointless and selfish to have the kids on campus if they have to live in their rooms like it’s a minimum security prison.
Send them home or don’t be shocked with this stuff.

SU can scold the undergrads all they want, this should be looked at as institutional failure. It’s not a plan to rely on 18 year olds to respect what’s good for those around them.