Class of 2019 - G Dyaisha Fair (NY) Transferring from Buffalo to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Dyaisha Fair (NY) Transferring from Buffalo to Syracuse

Baylor is also interested in Fair. BUT, it sounds like she’ll be visiting us this weekend.
Fluid situation here as you’d expect with recruiting. We do have recruits coming in this weekend, but Fair is no longer one of them. Not sure what the deal is.

Heard she’s headed elsewhere for a visit (a school we’ve mentioned connected to her).

Fluid situation here as you’d expect with recruiting. We do have recruits coming in this weekend, but Fair is no longer one of them. Not sure what the deal is.

Heard she’s headed elsewhere for a visit (a school we’ve mentioned connected to her).

Damn.

I wouldn't worry. If FLJ can get this type of kid to go to Buffalo, she'll be able to find the same level talent to come to SU in time.

May not happen overnight, but this will be a 10-20 year job for her before she retires. She'll get it done.
Agreed, with or without Fair the next year or two are about building a foundation. Getting a good jump on that with a tourney year in ‘22-23 would be great, but will be tough regardless of the incoming class.

Let's wait and see where Dyaisha ends up. I don't think that it is a bad thing that she is taking visits. Better for her to be sure. Sometimes familiarity wins out over new and novel.

For sure. It's nice though if she was visiting alongside others too. Such a big opportunity to kick start the FLJ era.

Last edited:
At Syracuse, FLJ, is able to offer her a much stronger supporting group to show case her brilliance!

At Syracuse, FLJ, is able to offer her a much stronger supporting group to show case her brilliance!

LOL, WUT??

Fair is gonna have her pick of Top 25 programs.

And also - Syracuse.

She is going to have a stronger supporting group literally almost anywhere else, vs. Syracuse.

This is a total rebuild.
She may prefer slotting in with a perennial contender.

Let's wait and see where Dyaisha ends up. I don't think that it is a bad thing that she is taking visits. Better for her to be sure. Sometimes familiarity wins out over new and novel.
I agree that it is probably a good thing to look at other schools, but would she even be looking if FLJ didn't leave. She had those choices before she pick UB, so if she chose because of coach why change now.

A team like Baylor is also rebuilding, losing 3 starters and no real incoming class. She picks a top 5 school, she'll probably need to change how she plays. Finding the right fit may depend when the top players in portal start choosing.

My Syracuse Math - First Syr player drafted by WNBA? ... Beth Record from Section V,,,Dyaisha from Section V.
Who drafted Beth?... LA Sparks. Who does the only SU player in WNBA play for? Brittany Sykes for LASparks.

Section 5 - to SU = WNBA sounds good

I agree that it is probably a good thing to look at other schools, but would she even be looking if FLJ didn't leave. She had those choices before she pick UB, so if she chose because of coach why change now.

A team like Baylor is also rebuilding, losing 3 starters and no real incoming class. She picks a top 5 school, she'll probably need to change how she plays. Finding the right fit may depend when the top players in portal start choosing.

My Syracuse Math - First Syr player drafted by WNBA? ... Beth Record from Section V,,,Dyaisha from Section V.
Who drafted Beth?... LA Sparks. Who does the only SU player in WNBA play for? Brittany Sykes for LASparks.

And Sykes is one of the best defenders in the WNBA.

Attachments

• 080C7120-A98C-4E83-8D2B-7CF4C1800692.png
    080C7120-A98C-4E83-8D2B-7CF4C1800692.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 77

I don't know much about her recruitment out of High School. Did she take many visits?

Perhaps, ‘you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone’ might apply with

Dyaisha; only time will tell…​

She is planning a visit here!

Looking at her instagram story she said of her flight to Dallas that 3 hours was nuts. And if she is visiting Baylor she may get a little shock as Baylor is in Waco...little different from Buffalo.

Looking at her instagram story she said of her flight to Dallas that 3 hours was nuts. And if she is visiting Baylor she may get a little shock as Baylor is in Waco...little different from Buffalo.

Yeah, the idea of Baylor, and the reality of Baylor, are 2 vastly different things.

As is getting to and from there.
It’s kinda a nightmare, in the best case scenario.

Versus, say, a college only 90 mins from home…. ;)

Yeah, the idea of Baylor, and the reality of Baylor, are 2 vastly different things.

As is getting to and from there.
It’s kinda a nightmare, in the best case scenario.

Versus, say, a college only 90 mins from home…. ;)
Without Kim it isn't Baylor anymore, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Her latest instagram story shows a post from 16 hours ago with her on a plane with the title Rochester International Airport. She has to be flying to somewhere as OVs are only for 3 days. And then she is taking a selfie in another hotel room 27 minutes ago, has to be another OV.

Last edited:
At this point I don't think Syracuse is in her future but rather a school that will give her the most exposure and tournament play and then opt in for next year's WNBA draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom