Class of 2016 - G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland

Heurter was interviewed on Albany radio this afternoon from LAX where he attended someone's camp. He scrimmaged with LeBron on his team. He said in August he will visit Villanova, Syracuse, Michigan, Notre Dame, Maryland, Indiana, maybe Iowa and one other I don't remember. He said he had no favorites.

Heurter was interviewed on Albany radio this afternoon from LAX where he attended someone's camp. He scrimmaged with LeBron on his team. He said in August he will visit Villanova, Syracuse, Michigan, Notre Dame, Maryland, Indiana, maybe Iowa and one other I don't remember. He said he had no favorites.
Maybe Virginia?

Not someone's camp. The NIke skills academy. Battle was there as well.

Thanks. I started listening to the interview but got home about 3 minutes through. All i heard were the hosts asking him how cool it was to play with Lebron 20 different times. :bang:

Thanks. I started listening to the interview but got home about 3 minutes through. All i heard were the hosts asking him how cool it was to play with Lebron 20 different times. :bang:

It was a Godawful interview. I don't usually listen to those guys, but heard Heurters name while channel scanning and stayed to listen. He seemed very mature, well-spoken, and showed patience with a poor interview.

I dont know either. Perhaps he gets a scholarship. I was only guessing too.
Heck no. He wouldn't pay a dime at a place like New Hampton or Brewster.. Even St Thomas Moore. With all of his offers, he will easily get a new england prep school scholarship in the NEPSAC. It just comes down to spending a another year of his life in high school when he clearly doesn't need to with all of his 16' offers

Not sure how this is gonna play out. Kid has solid offers, is a definite D1 player and from our backyard. Hope we can find room for him. Just can't ever have enough shooters. Especially Cuse, which usually never has enough.

Heck no. He wouldn't pay a dime at a place like New Hampton or Brewster.. Even St Thomas Moore. With all of his offers, he will easily get a new england prep school scholarship in the NEPSAC. It just comes down to spending a another year of his life in high school when he clearly doesn't need to with all of his 16' offers
His body needs another year, and, wherever he goes, I expect he'll get it, either via prep school or red shirt.

FWIW, this kid and all of his buddies were tailgating next to me at SPAC this past weekend for Dave Matthews Band. I didn't talk to him directly, but a few of his friends came over to chat throughout the day. From what they were telling us, Syracuse has very little chance here. They all said that Notre Dame is the favorite, and it's not close. They also said that if Duke offers, it will end up being Notre Dame as 1A and Duke as 1B. But they all fully expect him to be committing to the Irish.

He's be a good fit for what ND does and he wouldn't have to prep. We'll see how it shakes out if he doesn't want to prep we really don't have a shot.

He's be a good fit for what ND does and he wouldn't have to prep. We'll see how it shakes out if he doesn't want to prep we really don't have a shot.

Notre Dame redshirts most of their players, so if he needs a year, he'll get it in their system.

Notre Dame redshirts most of their players, so if he needs a year, he'll get it in their system.

I know that and it was sort of what makes me hope we can still land him. If he is going to redshirt at a ND or UVA maybe he'd prep instead.

FWIW, this kid and all of his buddies were tailgating next to me at SPAC this past weekend for Dave Matthews Band. I didn't talk to him directly, but a few of his friends came over to chat throughout the day. From what they were telling us, Syracuse has very little chance here. They all said that Notre Dame is the favorite, and it's not close. They also said that if Duke offers, it will end up being Notre Dame as 1A and Duke as 1B. But they all fully expect him to be committing to the Irish.

If Huerter thinks his basketball experience would be nearly as good at Notre Dame as it would at Syracuse, he's tripping...

billies.

If Huerter thinks his basketball experience would be nearly as good at Notre Dame as it would at Syracuse, he's tripping...

billies.

And as we see all the time (and practically beg for) on the football board, the on field/court experience isn't always the most important thing.

It's hard to suggest anybody is the leader for Huerter when he hasn't even taken any visits. I'm sure he and his family are more interested in certain schools, but dynamics change once kids get on campus.

Hopefully he wants to stay closer to home unlike Thomas Bryant. I hate seeing elite talent from upstate leave home.

Here is a highlight tape of Dante Exum last night in summer league after he gained 10 lbs this off season. Exum will be 20 in a couple weeks and he is doing things in this video that he never dreamed of last year. I see Huerter as an Exum type player as they are similar physically and similar type of game. Hopefully as Huerter matures he will catch up strength wise to someone like Exum. It's a great highlight reel. Warning: Jack Cooley is the recipient of some of Exum's dimes.

Huerter played in some Albany summer league last night. I can't find the highlights on the internet at work, but if you have twitter you should be able to find them on CBS6 albany.

Ironically, James Thomas from Schenectady, who played for Texas against Syracuse in the 2003 Final Four is on his summer league team.

Last edited:
I know that and it was sort of what makes me hope we can still land him. If he is going to redshirt at a ND or UVA maybe he'd prep instead.
What's $50k among friends. Prep schools are very expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom