Class of 2016 - G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland

Cusefan0307 said:
We need Tyler Lydon to show this kid some Upstate love!

I was hoping it wouldn't resort to that, but I think you might be right.

What's $50k among friends. Prep schools are very expensive.
None of my friends have 50K to throw around.Also none of my friends have kids that require "prep school." One set of friends in NJ have a daughter going to BU to get her PHD in physical therapy.She is already far better looking than any therapists that worked with me Its my experience that therapists have an amount of sadism in their personality I wish I had realized that earlier in my"therapy days. There were two women that I would love to have a second d shot at in their torture routine.

None of my friends have 50K to throw around.Also none of my friends have kids that require "prep school." One set of friends in NJ have a daughter going to BU to get her PHD in physical therapy.She is already far better looking than any therapists that worked with me Its my experience that therapists have an amount of sadism in their personality I wish I had realized that earlier in my"therapy days. There were two women that I would love to have a second d shot at in their torture routine.

I don't know where that came from but thank you.

I want two of whatever you just took before writing this post. Thank you.

Nice good news! We do well with guys we target if we can get them on campus.

I'd imagine he would be here for the Elite Camp. Don't we usually do that in August?

Surprised Duke isn't in on him. I was in Saratoga over the weekend and noticed Greg Koubek was running a camp at his old alma mater. Would imagine he would be in the kid's ear for Duke.

Any update as to whether he is amenable to reclassifying to '17?
Based on the information I have heard from my sources, it all depends. What does "amenable" mean?

As much as I'd love to see this kid end up Orange I can't help but get the feeling that when we see him in the future it will be accompanied by someone screaming from our bench to get out on him as he hurts us deep and often wearing a uniform which isn't Orange. I say that because it seems like his star is now rising very quickly and the incentive for him to sit out and prep a year or redshirt just might not be there as the coming season unfolds.

Although the fact that he is taking a visit to us makes it somewhat encouraging, the metrics of our recruiting situation is still unclear and we have to assume that for now each kid we take on will have the added onus of being ready to contribute sooner rather than later. Also I would think that with Notre Dame, Michigan, and Maryland in the mix one or more of those teams may be able to provide him playing time from the get-go.

So although I think it's not likely we end up with him I will be cautiously optimistic. It sure would be nice to have a local talent with high basketball IQ, great character, superior shooting skills and great size for his position.

Here is a highlight tape of Dante Exum last night in summer league after he gained 10 lbs this off season. Exum will be 20 in a couple weeks and he is doing things in this video that he never dreamed of last year. I see Huerter as an Exum type player as they are similar physically and similar type of game. Hopefully as Huerter matures he will catch up strength wise to someone like Exum. It's a great highlight reel. Warning: Jack Cooley is the recipient of some of Exum's dimes.

Huh? You're comparing Huerter to Exum? Exum was a NBA top 5 pick and Huerter is being recruited by the Texas Techs and the Duquesnes of the college basketball world. Huerter isn't a star, probably will never be a star, and is not the kind of guy we'd be in trouble if we weren't to get.

Seems like every time there is a white local kid that's a recruit he's already the best thing out there. There are plenty of other guys I'd rather have than Huerter in his class.

Huh? You're comparing Huerter to Exum? Exum was a NBA top 5 pick and Huerter is being recruited by the Texas Techs and the Duquesnes of the college basketball world. Huerter isn't a star, probably will never be a star, and is not the kind of guy we'd be in trouble if we weren't to get.

Seems like every time there is a white local kid that's a recruit he's already the best thing out there. There are plenty of other guys I'd rather have than Huerter in his class.
I seem to recall some shaking of heads when Rautins signed. I'm blanking on all of the other local white recruits.

I seem to recall some shaking of heads when Rautins signed. I'm blanking on all of the other local white recruits.

Lydon is getting quite the hype without playing a game, been stated 100 times he's the jewel of the class even with top 25 Richardson in it. But it's cool, let's compare Huerter to Dante Exum, I can see where one might get confused watching them play....

Huerter is a consensus top 100 4star kid on the rize with offers from SU, ND, VA, Mich and I think MD. You've vastly undersold him as a prospect IMO.

Here is a highlight tape of Dante Exum last night in summer league after he gained 10 lbs this off season. Exum will be 20 in a couple weeks and he is doing things in this video that he never dreamed of last year. I see Huerter as an Exum type player as they are similar physically and similar type of game. Hopefully as Huerter matures he will catch up strength wise to someone like Exum. It's a great highlight reel. Warning: Jack Cooley is the recipient of some of Exum's dimes.

You've lost it comparing Heurter to Exum. Most ridiculous thing I've read in a very long time.

Huerter is a consensus top 100 4star kid on the rize with offers from SU, ND, VA, Mich and I think MD. You've vastly undersold him as a prospect IMO.

Honestly, I see a super skinny kid with a very nice shot, slow motion offensive moves playing against kids half his size that will probably never see a basketball court after leaving high school. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I'm wrong if he comes here, but he doesn't look impressive at all.

The Exum comparison is beyond insane and you know that jordoo.

Honestly, I see a super skinny kid with a very nice shot, slow motion offensive moves playing against kids half his size that will probably never see a basketball court after leaving high school. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I'm wrong if he comes here, but he doesn't look impressive at all.

I made no comment about the Exum comparison at all. Lol

Huerter did very well on the summer aau circuit and camps. Turned a lot if heads. I think he could be a really good college player in a few years.

The Exum comparison isn't fair, but this kid is good. He scored 25 against Mount Vernon in the state tournament, and was the lead guard for this AAU team that made Peach Jam. This kid was 6'2" a year ago and now he's 6'6". He's still only 16 so he probably needs an extra year to develop but he's a legit top 100 kid with offers from nova, und, UVA, mich, and Maryland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/miami/basketball/recruiting
/player-Kevin-Huerter-170031;_ylt=AwrBT7vpXLlVsMsA1Zlx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTE0b3Q3a3BnBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyRkJDMV8xBHNlYwNzcg--

You've lost it comparing Heurter to Exum. Most ridiculous thing I've read in a very long time.
Really, did you even read what I wrote. Let me break it down for you since you obviously have no reading comprehension.

Here is a highlight tape of Dante Exum last night in summer league after he gained 10 lbs this off season. Exum will be 20 in a couple weeks and he is doing things in this video that he never dreamed of last year. Basically that means that Exum was another skinny kid who as a teenager had good skills but had some strength issues.

I see Huerter as an Exum type player as they are similar physically and similar type of game. Both are 6'6 and lanky who like to have the ball in their hands, and either dish the ball or shoot the three.

Hopefully as Huerter matures he will catch up strength wise to someone like Exum. Huerter isn't even 17 yet so he has over three years until he is 20 years old to get stronger. Obviously a late developer as he has grown four inches in the past year.

So nowhere did I ever say that Huerter has the skills that Exum has or that he is going to be the #5 draft pick in the NBA (that's for two3zone since he doesn't know how to read either). I think Exum is a great role model as another thing that I did not mention is that he is a very good defensive player which Huerter can be also as he grows stronger as he has the length to be very effective at the top of the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom