Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow we used to worry about Duke
Nobody gave Baylor a second thought a decade ago, then they got a good coach. Xavier has one of the most successful coaches in recent history now at the helm, why is it surprising that a mid 150 kid might want to play for him? In 4 years they might be getting top 2 seeds, times change.

I'm sure there are tons of kids that want to play at Syracuse. Just doesn't seem like it's ones that are likely to impact winning in an expedited time frame. Could get lucky with another Mintz before the buzzer but sure seems we are missing on all initial targets.
TJ Power wanted to play here. But you gotta...you gotta call em.

1D8A4F59-6034-47BC-AA88-0609C55FE8C7.jpg

Sounds like Xavier, but I guess we'll find out soon if there was a (good) reason JB was name-dropping Ducharme on Estrella's visit. Ducharme's announcement might serve as a bellwether as to whether there's still a chance to get Estrella. Both going to Brewster in September.

From what I’ve heard on how Boeheim handled this recruitment and Estrella’s it’s pretty pathetic on his end. I’ve been saying Boeheim should be done for a few years now. He’s killing us with things he does in season and has been killing us with stuff he’s been doing in the off season.

He’s more than half checked out, he’s not able to keep up with the times, he’s giving too much responsibility to his assistants which to be upfront are not strong enough assistants to be carrying the bulk of the load.

We don’t have a killer/stone cold finisher on the recruiting trail like a Murphy or Hop and it shows. And it doesn’t help that you don’t have a strong recruiter on the trail when your head coach is more than half checked out and doesn’t give a rats ass when a recruit visits.

Wildhack has to grow some balls here and Boeheim should have been gone probably before Buddy even got here tbh. Now this is dragging on longer than it should. Boeheim is literally burning down what he built and it’s sad to watch to be honest. The old man is just getting in his own way and is too stubborn and blinded to even realize it

Sounds like Xavier, but I guess we'll find out soon if there was a (good) reason JB was name-dropping Ducharme on Estrella's visit. Ducharme's announcement might serve as a bellwether as to whether there's still a chance to get Estrella. Both going to Brewster in September.
Not to read into any tea leaves, but I wonder if we don't get either Brewster kid that our pipeline there has slowed or closed. Today, their head coach posted a happy birthday on Twitter to former Brewster star Kadary Richmond. I've always felt their coach was pretty neutral to all schools, but I wonder if Richmond's time on the hill might have soured him towards Cuse even though of one of the beneficiaries of playing time was another Brewster kid (Buddy).

From what I’ve heard on how Boeheim handled this recruitment and Estrella’s it’s pretty pathetic on his end. I’ve been saying Boeheim should be done for a few years now. He’s killing us with things he does in season and has been killing us with stuff he’s been doing in the off season.

He’s more than half checked out, he’s not able to keep up with the times, he’s giving too much responsibility to his assistants which to be upfront are not strong enough assistants to be carrying the bulk of the load.

We don’t have a killer/stone cold finisher on the recruiting trail like a Murphy or Hop and it shows. And it doesn’t help that you don’t have a strong recruiter on the trail when your head coach is more than half checked out and doesn’t give a rats ass when a recruit visits.

Wildhack has to grow some balls here and Boeheim should have been gone probably before Buddy even got here tbh. Now this is dragging on longer than it should. Boeheim is literally burning down what he built and it’s sad to watch to be honest. The old man is just getting in his own way and is too stubborn and blinded to even realize it
This needs to be his last year. It’s over.

This needs to be his last year. It’s over.
His last year should have been 5 years ago. I’ve been saying it should be his last year for the last 5 years hahahaha let’s hope it’s his last year. Syracuse basketball is just not what it used to be and he’s the main culprit for that. There is no way around that and even if people don’t want to agree with that, they know deep down it’s true and it’s too hard for them to say haha

I can't even blame JB. He has two sets of children, and potential future grandchildren. Who wouldn't want to keep making millions of dollars annually? You want to leave as much as you can for your family. But,where is the SU leadership?

His last year should have been 5 years ago. I’ve been saying it should be his last year for the last 5 years hahahaha let’s hope it’s his last year. Syracuse basketball is just not what it used to be and he’s the main culprit for that. There is no way around that and even if people don’t want to agree with that, they know deep down it’s true and it’s too hard for them to say haha
Well we can't go back in time. Here's hoping now that Buddy is gone that Juli or someone has a talk with him. I still think there's a small chance he just quits after 10 games this year like Bo Ryan did a few years ago.

Here's what it comes down to with me [and a massive, massive shoutout to OrangeFog for having this conversation with me offline]:
  • if JB is going to hang on because he doesn't want to stop being a head coach, then DO THE JOB.
  • But if you aren't willing or capable of grinding and doing what it takes to recruit at the P5 level, then step aside, because you're just holding the program hostage and making the lengthy trend of decline worse.
I'm 100% certain that the viewpoint expressed above will be offensive to those who can't tolerate ny criticism about JB.

Maybe JB wasn't able to tell these kids that he would be here to coach them and that is the reason they aren't coming. Maybe Red or Mac isn't the next coach, and the kids don't want to commit to a school without one. Who knows but Jims's future needs to be decided soon one way or the other.

Maybe JB wasn't able to tell these kids that he would be here to coach them and that is the reason they aren't coming. Maybe Red or Mac isn't the next coach, and the kids don't want to commit to a school without one. Who knows but Jims's future needs to be decided soon one way or the other.

Jim's future has already been decided. His retirement has already been scheduled.

And Wildhack knows the schedule.

The rest of us will find out soon enough.

Recruits and parents absolutely read this board

As well as people within the athletic department

Just as an fyi
I would hope recruits and their families would want to see honest discussion on a forum, not just a one sided sycophantic diatribe towards future commits. There are invariably going to be different viewpoints, if the discussion is honest and genuine.

Does anyone believe that the only remaining reason that Jim is staying around is get his 1000 victory (again)?

If the NCAA had not taken the 101 wins away from him, I believe that he would had retire 5 years ago even before Buddy was offered a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom