Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Trey is an easy get and luckily he can definitely play off ball.
Not sure we can assume he would come play for a HC who wants his father's subordinate (at least in terms of tenure) to be elevated to HC ahead of his dad.

Surprised this thread is so quiet considering this kid starts his visit tomorrow. His EYBL numbers are identical to Gavin Griffiths.
I am excited about Reid. To me, in this era of college basketball, you try and build a foundation for your program with solid 4 year players and hope to bring in one or two year studs each year to fill in the gaps.

Continuity is important. 4 year players are important. Hope he commits here this week.

I am excited about Reid. To me, in this era of college basketball, you try and build a foundation for your program with solid 4 year players and hope to bring in one or two year studs each year to fill in the gaps.

Continuity is important. 4 year players are important. Hope he commits here this week.
That's part of the reason I'm so excited for this 2022 class. I see a handful of very solid 4-year players in that group, with perhaps one or two 2-year players. Sets a great foundation, even if one or two guys transfer out. And it appears the Coaches understand this philosophy and are taking swings at a few studs in the upcoming class years. Over the next four years, if they can sprinkle in a few great players, whether through high school recruiting or from the transfer portal, while continuing to pick up a couple solid 4-year players, Cuse will be in good shape.

Surprised this thread is so quiet considering this kid starts his visit tomorrow. His EYBL numbers are identical to Gavin Griffiths.
Would be a great addition and would add potentially needed depth to the backcourt. We could see Joe and Sy leave next year, leaving Judah, Q, and JT. If Judah does what we all hope, he could leave too, although I see him as a 2-year player. If he stays, we could also lose Q to the portal, which I really hope doesn't happen because I think he'll be great. In any event, Reid would be a great pickup for the 2 spot. Realistic target who has good positional size and knows how to score.

Length is not one of his strengths.
He has sorry arms for a guy his height, but he is still 6'5"ish and should provide as much length as, say, a long armed 6'2" guy.

Shooting ability is more important than an extra inch of arm length anyway. :)

"I've got other visits to come," Ducharme said. "I'm going to use this as a first look into the visit process. It was definitely a great visit and I enjoyed it a lot. Very grateful for that opportunity. It definitely helped my decision with Syracuse, but I still have those two other visits. Haven't really leaned one way or the other, just trying to see all the options. Still trying to keep things as even as possible."

The decision making timeframe remains sometime after the visits before the start of his senior season.

He has sorry arms for a guy his height, but he is still 6'5"ish and should provide as much length as, say, a long armed 6'2" guy.

Shooting ability is more important than an extra inch of arm length anyway. :)

6-5? Thought he is 6-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors