Ga Tech Pt II postgame | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Pt II postgame

NIL money for the new coach?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    101.5 KB · Views: 34
Fat ti%%%%s turn to teardrops as fat a$$ turns to flab. Sores that were open wounds eventually turn to scabs. Trees bright and green turn yellow, brown. Autumn caught em. See all them leaves must fall down, growing old!

I do too. This whole thing sucks, but you could see it coming.

Last year should’ve been IT. Solely because Buddy was still here. Otherwise ‘18 or ‘21 would’ve been triumphant ways to go out. Especially ‘18 since we had fans there….and he would’ve been better off NOT coaching his kid.
Oh yeah, saw it coming during the investigation. It was evident back then if you were really paying attention.

He should have retired as early as the FF run. But, I truly believe he thought he could get the program back on superior footing before handing it off. Unfortunately, sanctions had their desired effect. We had trouble recruiting and he got even older.

Then, we had a couple of semi-successful ncaa runs and his ego and desire to go out a winner really got in the way. All the while, year over year, failing to land premier recruits. Our talent has just gotten worse and worse. Other coaches smell blood in the water and…it’s over. We have a crappy team.

Add to that Jim being a jerk, and you can see why it’s ending this way. But, in the end, as much as an egotistical jerk as he is, he’s still an SU alum who does actually care, with a legacy, and this is sad, so I do feel bad.

Comments to the tweet are at least entertaining

Look, correlation isn't causation but the Justin Taylor as a starter era is... not off to a good start.

#FreeBell
Totally agree, he is not the answer for next year. Fine with him on roster but not starter.

Last edited:
We could end the year on a 6 game losing streak, wow. Just wow. I don't know how you could allow him to come back. It defies logic at this point.
I hope the players don’t come back too, if an assistant takes over and we run it back we’ll still suck.

Where was Chris Bell? Injured? Academic issue? Surely he could have found some playing time in a blowout if he were available.

One thing JB was right about. We can't play Man, either. I was wondering if he was rooting for us to not look too good in man.
It was lemoyne “see I told you”

Got Wake tix months ago for the family to see the 2003 celebration and Hak/Gmac jersey retirements-
That day has become the irony of celebrating the past pinnacle, while living in the nadir.

Talk about mixed emotions about attending a game...

It’ll be my first game back in the Dome since Uncle Drew went to plaid in 2017.

Also - the hotel were staying in is gonna be demolished.
(Hopefully not while we’re still staying there)
Seems like a metaphor.

Feels more like we’ll be attending a funeral than a celebration of the 20 year anniversary of our Natty.

Prolly won’t be long lines for the troughs, and I intend to be returning a lotta beer, if this game goes like the last several.

On the plus side, if it’s a blowout, I can check off another box on my Cuse bingo card by leaving a Dome game early -
something I’ve never done before.

Those leaves aren’t gonna rake themselves!!
State Fair!
Apple picking!!
Beat traffic!!

Where was Chris Bell? Injured? Academic issue? Surely he could have found some playing time in a blowout if he were available.
He’s awful, he does nothing but shoot and he doesn’t even shoot well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom