Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Ok, you have made your decisions fellas. While, I understand it might be about an elderly relative living with him or some other reason for discomfort; I still contend cuse has a nice system set up and secure. These players are gonna be known quantities being tested all week pregame. There could be other personal reasons but going to the grocery store is risky too.

What are most peoples takes on keeping your spot if opting out? Shouldn't lose your spot to injury, how about opting out?
I do not think they are definitely losing their spot, and I can not blame them for this decision, however when the great majority of your team is playing and you are not there will be consequences. Adams is especially at risk of a return in my opinion, he only has one more year and will have to re-earn his position, and may in fact be bypassed by others. Howard is basically using his red shirt without losing any elligibility, and should earn his way back quickly. In both cases it is somewhat disappointing that they made this decision.

Players lose their spot to injuries all the time. The time they're injured and that time allows others to prove the talent. Tell that to Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe.

I get that, but should these rules hold true for 1st and 2nd team players opting out for a year dt covid?

Look, we can be honest about it - it's getting to be really challenging for Adams or Howard to unseat the returning Heisman winner.

It's an uphill climb.
Is that your prediction? If so, so let it be written so let it be done.

I do not think they are definitely losing their spot, and I can not blame them for this decision, however when the great majority of your team is playing and you are not there will be consequences. Adams is especially at risk of a return in my opinion, he only has one more year and will have to re-earn his position, and may in fact be bypassed by others. Howard is basically using his red shirt without losing any elligibility, and should earn his way back quickly. In both cases it is somewhat disappointing that they made this decision.

Great breakdown and ty. Its a tough call given the situation but these kids only get so many chances. It's a darwinian world we live in. If these kids opt out for family concerns I get it. That said. there is much more risk on the world vs living in the structured environment of a D1 cfb bubble, in particular ours, at CUSE.

There is no “saving your seat”. Though they have played a lot, they are not really long term entrenched starters. If they comeback they need to earn their playing time just like everyone else.

Agree 100%. The covid policies SU provided were very impressive relative to some other programs. Opting out and going home and then???? Not sure what the plan would be other than stay close to home. Don't get it.

Look, we can be honest about it - it's getting to be really challenging for Adams or Howard to unseat the returning Heisman winner.

It's an uphill climb.
We thought the same about the kid from Oregon unseating returning heisman Terrell Hunt

You choose to not play your choose to lose playing time. If the others prove to be better so be it.
If not they keep their job. Sports are real life. survival of the fittest.

Love your take and ty for your input. Just anticipating some of the claims that will happen/might happen as the year proceeds. Gotta stick with the talent that took the shot in a time when things were unstable and with so much question. Give these kids SOOOOO much credit.

Sounds like Gilbert plans lots of pulls and sweeps ... And of course the occasional fake sweep for a long gain the opposite way

There are a lot of creative ways Elmore can be used that an Andrew Tiller type could not have.

While the size concerns will potentially play into heavy sets, smart coaches can find means to make Rhino's footwork and leverage work. I believe we have smart coaches and hope that we'll be able to take advantage of his strengths on more plays than UNC can take advantage of his perceived weaknesses.
First DE or LB that has to deal with him pulling at speed should be fun to see. If Rhino rocks someone early will go a long way in setting the tone.

Great post and yes, we need foot speed and lateral agility on the oline to protect TD and really test just what this O can do. I love Dino, actually was convinced after that VT win , not the Clemson win, even though I was on the field after that win over dabo!

All that said and all my love of dino, this year's OL problems are on dino and a result of mismanagement of spots the last 3 years. I know we have injuries, but this should have been addressed
Hate to agree but these issues shouldnt be here in Year 5 of Dino

Gutierrez better check his source regarding one of the alleged opt outs. Not sure you can "Opt Out" of an other.

Rhinos really been a player without a position his entire time on the hill. Coach P would’ve love him but he was taking up space in this offense. He really shouldve played on either line since the get go. He’ll make some mistakes but I have a weird calm about it. I think he’ll be ok. Or maybe I’m just in the eye at this point and all hell is going to break loose In a few.

The youngen is not ready
Speaking of youngens...how do we feel about Thompson and Williams as freshman starters? Especially knowing that Howell is going to go after Garrett Williams early and often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom