Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Correct. The wording is something like the five interior offensive linemen have to be between 50-79. 4th down provides an exception to that rule.

I wasn’t aware there was a 4th down exception.

I should be clearer. 4th down in a kicking formation.

I should be clearer. 4th down in a kicking formation.

Ah. So you can bring in an O lineman to act as a tight end without having to change his number?

Ah. So you can bring in an O lineman to act as a tight end without having to change his number?

Doesnt just have to be 4th tho right...you can declare an oline an eligible receiver prior to the play.

Both correct. This applies only to the 5 players numbered 50-79 in the center of the line. If one of those numbers lines up as eligible he has to declare to the referee upon entering the game

If Elmore can learn the technique I guess he has the strength to play guard.

Guard is a lot easier to run block than pass block.
I don’t think we want him matching up one on one though. Need to keep a TE or RB in pass blocking so we have 6 guys to protect.
Elmore may give us better pass blocking because of better foot speed, he may not be as good at the run. We need better pass blocking to give Tommy time to make reads and complete passes. I think I see an attempt to get guys with better foot speed on the line. They may not be quite as big but hopefully pass block better.
Run blocking may improve too, assuming lighter players are quicker off the blocks.
I hope that is what is going on anyway.

Ok, you have made your decisions fellas. While, I understand it might be about an elderly relative living with him or some other reason for discomfort; I still contend cuse has a nice system set up and secure. These players are gonna be known quantities being tested all week pregame. There could be other personal reasons but going to the grocery store is risky too.

What are most peoples takes on keeping your spot if opting out? Shouldn't lose your spot to injury, how about opting out?

Just my two cents, and I know it won’t be popular...

I’ll start by saying I’m very hopeful that the OL as a group can function, allowing for a capable offense.

But, IMO, the likelihood of that happening with Elmore at Guard would be an anomaly. His blocking from the backfield was serviceable, not great. Learning the assignment & technique of an ACC starting G in an off-season would be a Herculean accomplishment. I’m skeptical at best at the prospect of him being solid at that position.

I’m still beaming with hope for the season, as I always am. I’m an eternal optimist. And I love pieces that we have.

But, I’d be lying if I didn’t say that when I saw his name on the depth chart, my first thought wasn’t oh !tpops.

Let’s beat UNC. I’ll eat that crow all week long gladly.

Ok, you have made your decisions fellas. While, I understand it might be about an elderly relative living with him or some other reason for discomfort; I still contend cuse has a nice system set up and secure. These players are gonna be known quantities being tested all week pregame. There could be other personal reasons but going to the grocery store is risky too.

What are most peoples takes on keeping your spot if opting out? Shouldn't lose your spot to injury, how about opting out?
I do not think that you automatically loose your spot because you opt out but like every game or season you are not guaranteed the spot. Every position needs to be earned. I do think the players not opting out will have an advantage because they will have played in the new system for an entire season.

So... what's your source on who is their source?
Not sure. Making the general statement that he will not be happy with whoever is providing information to the media without permission.

I do not think that you automatically loose your spot because you opt out but like every game or season you are not guaranteed the spot. Every position needs to be earned. I do think the players not opting out will have an advantage because they will have played in the new system for an entire season.

Perfectly said and ty for your take. This IS tricky and somewhat subjective in this crazy time. That said, I am right with you. Go cuse.

Not sure. Making the general statement that he will not be happy with whoever is providing information to the media without permission.
Yeah, doesn't seem to have followed usual channels.

That said, these are unusual times.

Elmore may give us better pass blocking because of better foot speed, he may not be as good at the run. We need better pass blocking to give Tommy time to make reads and complete passes. I think I see an attempt to get guys with better foot speed on the line. They may not be quite as big but hopefully pass block better.
Run blocking may improve too, assuming lighter players are quicker off the blocks.
I hope that is what is going on anyway.

Great post and yes, we need foot speed and lateral agility on the oline to protect TD and really test just what this O can do. I love Dino, actually was convinced after that VT win , not the Clemson win, even though I was on the field after that win over dabo!

All that said and all my love of dino, this year's OL problems are on dino and a result of mismanagement of spots the last 3 years. I know we have injuries, but this should have been addressed

Players lose their spot to injuries all the time. The time they're injured and that time allows others to prove the talent. Tell that to Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom