Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Other than Oline depth i like this team. The O is going to be a work in progress but im actually looking forward to watching Chris get to the second level as he has great feet and balance.
Jorden is the most dynamic playmaker the hill has seen in decades. Tommy gun survived the worst Oline SU has fielded possibly ever and our D is going to become a force playing in the 3 3 5.
Add in upgrades at both coordinator spots and we will be competitive in every game.
The Wild card as always are injuries. Couple that with the potential loss of players on both sides to covid and it should be a wild ride. I love SU sports have for 55 years ever since my first slice at Mannys, a warm loaf of Columbus bakery bread and game with the old scout, and my Dad. This year is different for sure but we've got football so lets cheer the guys on and kick some arse on Saturday.

The oline isn’t too off from what we expected...but seeing Elmore on there is terrifying

im going to hold on to hope that he wasn’t finding a true spot on the team and worked his tail off prepping this spring/summer to be on the Oline and his work has paid off...

I’m not putting any stock in this two deep. Ever since Dino has been here he just puts out a depth chart. Many many times the two deep does not reflect the players on game day. I’ll wait until Saturday to see the real lineup.
I agree and at most positions both 1 and 2's are going to get snaps and opportunities. I am not that upset about Elmore because I think his effectiveness in short yardage and goal line was hype and they most not need him on DL so move him to OL. Shore up a position with a guy who has at least been in the battle. Like you however I am not sure how much any of this matters come Saturday.

Maybe Davis works better coming off the bench.

I am excited to see Queeley and Hendrix. I loved their high school tapes. Queeley is a big physical kid who will hopefully help with down field blocking. Hendrix if healthy could really stretch the field. Benson and Hendrix have the potential to help expand the offense with vertical routes.

This might be a silly question but can Elmore line up at OG wearing #5 I have never seen an OL with that number other than in the 70’s with Jim Otto #00 at center for the Raiders I know there are DL with single digits but I have never seen it on the OL although I’m sure it has probably happened at the high school level anyone with any insight?

Offensive linemen have to wear numbers between 50 and 79.

Elmore at 6' 290 has to be one of the shortest OG's in P5 & G5. Think he will be fine and its only a matter of time before Davis is on the field.

Elmore at 6' 290 has to be one of the shortest OG's in P5 & G5. Think he will be fine and its only a matter of time before Davis is on the field.
But he's stout. 288 is a better weight than some other offensive lineman that have played at Syracuse. I recall years where some were in the 270's

Yeah 6 ft tall is not ideal height for a Power 5 level guard. I believe with his play at FB and DT, he probably has the athleticism to make the transition to guard, as it is one of the least athletic position in football. However the part that concerns me is the technique that needs to be developed with reps and more reps.

No spring ball to begin the transition, we don't know if this was the plan all summer or this is an 11th hour hoping for a miracle stop gap transition.

There's some things we know about Rhino that can be seen as positives at Guard for sure. Big dude, quick feet.

Things we don't know. How long has he been working at the position? Wonder if Sterlin decided a long time ago the FB position was being eliminated.

There's some things we know about Rhino that can be seen as positives at Guard for sure. Big dude, quick feet.

Things we don't know. How long has he been working at the position? Wonder if Sterlin decided a long time ago the FB position was being eliminated.
Good point. He must be doing pretty well since he beat out guys we gave scholarships to to play oline

Yeah 6 ft tall is not ideal height for a Power 5 level guard. I believe with his play at FB and DT, he probably has the athleticism to make the transition to guard, as it is one of the least athletic position in football. However the part that concerns me is the technique that needs to be developed with reps and more reps.

No spring ball to begin the transition, we don't know if this was the plan all summer or this is an 11th hour hoping for a miracle stop gap transition.
As I recall, the knock on Macky MacPherson was his height (listed as 6-2), but he ended up having a solid career at SU.

Offensive linemen have to wear numbers between 50 and 79.

Correct. The wording is something like the five interior offensive linemen have to be between 50-79. 4th down provides an exception to that rule.

Concern with the height. It will allow TD to see over the line but it may give dL an advantage to knock down passes.

As I recall, the knock on Macky MacPherson was his height (listed as 6-2), but he ended up having a solid career at SU.

He also had the benefit of position coaching that was nfl level

To be fair Elmore is a SOLID 6’ and maybe even a bit over that...

there’s a photo of him standing next to Tommy Devito, Trill, and Cisco...and he looks close to the slightly shorter than Devito, slightly taller than Cisco and probably the same height as trill.

Trill and Devito are listed at 6’2
Cisco is at 6’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom