Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

Dino tends to reward loyalty. That’s how I view this 2-deep. Guys they have been here for the long-haul are going to be starters, as long as it does not potentially impact the outcome of a game.

In other words, if we were starting the season at Purdue I’m sure we might see a different to deep right now. But against Colgate there’s nothing wrong with rewarding those who worked very hard For this program to be giving first shot at starting.

It sort of reminds me of the DeVito and Shrader’s year where it really was a foregone conclusion that Schrader was going to take over at some point. I don’t know what positions that may be true this year, but I’m sure there will be a position or two or you’ll see a transfer sneak into the starting lineup by game three or certainly by game five.

I don’t know though, the only spot I see that maybe being true is Farmer taking over for Simmons at FS. Otherwise it’s pretty young on that side of the ball. The kids in their spots seem pretty deserving.

I don't like this but RB3 (or maybe even RB2) is going to be Garrett Shrader.

Beck has coached several QBs who were the #1 or #2 rusher on the team - Bryce Perkins, Taysom Hill, Brennan Armstrong - so I can see his offense involving a lot of Shrader scrambling.

I like Ike and I really hope Price hits a higher gear this season but, for 2023 rushing stats, it's probably going to be the Garrett and LeQuint show.
What's the problem with having Shrader highly involved in the running game? Obviously there is the injury risk but if you're taking his best attribute away what's the point anyways? I think we have the best group of WR’s we’ve had in a while and Garrett has improved his passing, but rushing is what makes him a difference maker at the position.

What's the problem with having Shrader highly involved in the running game? Obviously there is the injury risk but if you're taking his best attribute away what's the point anyways? I think we have the best group of WR’s we’ve had in a while and Garrett has improved his passing, but rushing is what makes him a difference maker at the position.
Yep his running makes it a lot harder to defend us if our WRs are what we think they are

Just fear of injury.
If not for that, I’d say his running makes him and the offense better.

Just checked every opening depth chart going back to 2018, this is the first time in a long time we haven't had a true freshman on the two deep (Not counting backup kicker ;)). The covid year and portal have done wonders for the depth of this team. Being able to redshirt the majority of the freshman class is going to be huge in maintaining this depth down the line.

I don't like this but RB3 (or maybe even RB2) is going to be Garrett Shrader.

Beck has coached several QBs who were the #1 or #2 rusher on the team - Bryce Perkins, Taysom Hill, Brennan Armstrong - so I can see his offense involving a lot of Shrader scrambling.

I like Ike and I really hope Price hits a higher gear this season but, for 2023 rushing stats, it's probably going to be the Garrett and LeQuint show.
Definitely 2nd leading rusher

Repetitive but my surprises:

Offense
Gadsden is still listed as the tight end. I thought he was formally a WR now.
Brown is in the slot, (Pena hurt), backed up not by Adams but by Jones.
I thought Ilaoa was going to be the center.

Defense
I thought Ingraham would be on the two deep.
Ditto for Lockett.
Lowery starting over Thompson?

Repetitive but my surprises:

Offense
Gadsden is still listed as the tight end. I thought he was formally a WR now.
Brown is in the slot, (Pena hurt), backed up not by Adams but by Jones.
I thought Ilaoa was going to be the center.

Defense
I thought Ingraham would be on the two deep.
Ditto for Lockett.
Lowery starting over Thompson?
The real depth chart will be revealed at Purdue

I love how everyone thinks the bama kid is a lock because he came from bama. He never played and was a medical DQ. To me he was always a low risk, high upside pick up. Not a high floor guy.

I love how everyone thinks the bama kid is a lock because he came from bama. He never played and was a medical DQ. To me he was always a low risk, high upside pick up. Not a high floor guy.
Facts

4 of 5 ol starters, Jones, Villari, price, all 3 qbs, 1/2 the DBs two deep. Portal
The portal was very scary initially when the new ruling was dropped, but wow am I pleasantly surprised. It single handedly is the reasoning for our depth being as strong as it is. Never thought I would say this, but thank god for the portal. Net positive for Syracuse.

That indeed would make sense, they have been saying Terry isn’t 100% which certainly may be true but Dino was willing to say Peña has an owie and is out but Lockett isn’t on the two deep, Dino says he is fine. Soooo, that would make sense
Yet they feature LeQuint on the game day poster? Don’t buy it. Lockett coming off of season ending injury and Dino’s penchant for using the announced depth chart asa motivational tool seem a lot more likely.

I am not thanking the portal yet. We lost three defensive starters with NFL potential. Glad More and Walabaugh are here to solidify the offensive line though.
It hurts losing NFL caliber players. Its gonna be a battle to keep their best players every year. I'm just happy they are replacing them with high upside P5 guys and one of big10's top tackling DB's. They could have brought in fringe G5 players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom