Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

I love how everyone thinks the bama kid is a lock because he came from bama. He never played and was a medical DQ. To me he was always a low risk, high upside pick up. Not a high floor guy.
Felt the same way. Now I hope he contributes but I am not expecting a lot from him.

Yeah I remember. Just surprising to me since Quan played a bit last year and we hadn't heard a peep about Delaine until he started popping up in a couple highlights the last couple weeks. It could be that Delaine's little weight gain from 172 lbs to 180 lbs this year got him strong enough and confident enough to up his game. Good news if so.
Peterson was in a green jersey this past week... we'll see him when he's healthy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829-131048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829-131048_Chrome.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 50
If this roster is as deep and talented as some of you suggest, then 8 wins has to be the expectation (unless we suffer a rash of catastrophic injuries).

I can’t square the “best roster in years” talk with “just make a bowl” talk.

Repetitive but my surprises:

Offense
Gadsden is still listed as the tight end. I thought he was formally a WR now.
Brown is in the slot, (Pena hurt), backed up not by Adams but by Jones.
I thought Ilaoa was going to be the center.

Defense
I thought Ingraham would be on the two deep.
Ditto for Lockett.
Lowery starting over Thompson?
I think Thompson isn’t ready yet

Leon Lowery was named over Stefon Thompson at one of the linebacker spots. Though Thompson has been working back from an ACL tear, Babers said the placement was performance-based: “Right now, (Lowery) is playing better, and that’s why he’s in front. ... I’m looking forward to seeing (Thompson) unleash.” Babers said he still expects to see quite a bit of Thompson on Saturday.

Leon Lowery was named over Stefon Thompson at one of the linebacker spots. Though Thompson has been working back from an ACL tear, Babers said the placement was performance-based: “Right now, (Lowery) is playing better, and that’s why he’s in front. ... I’m looking forward to seeing (Thompson) unleash.” Babers said he still expects to see quite a bit of Thompson on Saturday.
If he is still working his way back why play him Saturday. Let the injured guys continue to heal. We will need everyone healthy soon enough.

If he is still working his way back why play him Saturday. Let the injured guys continue to heal. We will need everyone healthy soon enough.

If he's cleared to play he should play. (I know as player, if I was cleared to play I'd be pissed if I couldn't because the coach was taking it upon himself to rest me more. Nah man, no worries I'll just continue to sit said no kid ever.)

Makes sense though that Lowery is playing better.

Agree 100%

At the end of the day, it's probably a case of both with Thompson. Lowery has been playing well in practice and Thompson has slowly been ramping up. Going to need both anyway. Work Thompson back with limited game reps the first few weeks

If this roster is as deep and talented as some of you suggest, then 8 wins has to be the expectation (unless we suffer a rash of catastrophic injuries).

Fans will be fans but best roster in years should be enough to make us bowl eligible which we have done 5 times in what 20 years? Both could still be true. 8 wins would be the 2nd best season in 23 year right?

I think people throw around best roster in years and 8 win expectations a bit too loosely.

What makes good Syracuse teams is a great group of seniors.

Last edited:

It's easy.

If we just make a bowl, it wasn't the best roster in years.

On3 rated Donovan Brown as a top 270 4* so there were at least some recruiting analysts who thought he had a really high ceiling. I am probably the most excited to watch him the next couple of weeks based on this depth chart.
One of the more unusual recruit ranks in recent years. They didn’t even have a scouting write up on him. And he wasn’t remotely as high at the other services and we were his only P5 offer. Physical freak though so maybe someone saw that and bumped him up. Who knows.

Last edited:

Agreed

With what we see on the depth chart, what we know we have returning, we have to expect 8 wins as the floor, not 7-5.

I have to believe this is a 9+ wins season because I believe in this team and my glasses tint is Orange.

This season just feels different. Like a good difference. Feels like it could be special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom