Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Louisville | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Louisville

If the schedule wasn’t so daunting I would be guaranteeing that this team would make a bowl game

With having one of the toughest schedules in the nation and starting with a conference opponent, can’t do it. But we do look good on paper
I’ve talked myself into Louisville, Purdue, and Pitt being closer games than I would have thought 6 months ago. Hope has a lifespan of at least 5 more days! Beat Virginia and BC and we’re on to something.

Maybe so, but definitely will lose more than 3 that exhaust eligibility.
Tucker, Bergeron, Jones, Williams, Bleich? Even Thompson with a big year?
Yes. Hence the reference to attrition.

dont want to be negative but it most likely means we have two average punters
Ya think? After last season, it would be nice to have an "average" punter, let alone 2. I think it more likely means "We're not sure yet if one of these guys can be average."

Injury or nerves. I don’t understand how such a highly regarded punter could have performed that poorly.

My guess is that whomever performs better in warmups gets the nod. Hopefully we won’t have to punt much.
I thought someone mentioned last year he had an injury he was working through?

Williams had to be injured, right? I mean, he just HAD to be.
He looked a lot better in the spring game, which leads me to think it actually could have been nerves or the speed of CFB getting to him and speeding up his mechanics. Either way i’m expecting him to be a lot better this year.

God this thread is great already lol. This week cannot go quick enough…

I would have through Mahar would have broken through. Seems like an insanely good athlete at TE.

Other than that, this is good that everyone is healthy and I’m friggin pumpedddd for Saturday

Reading Louisville’s board they don’t seem overly concerned with us and view this game as a win. They respect Tucker a great deal and recognize his talent. It is also noted how our offensive scheme keeps changing (pass-heavy to run-heavy to Virginia style) and these multiple scheme changes are hard on the players - some of whom may not fit the latest scheme. They also respect our DC a great deal but have a target on Mikel because of him supposedly disrespecting Cunningham. Hopefully the Cards take us lightly after last year and they pay the price. I think if are physical with them that will help us and we can wear them down.

Bleich listed as a redshirt junior

He’s made posts saying something along of the lines of this being his last year. I assumed he was out of eligibility.

AA11ebrz.img

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom