Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Louisville | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Louisville

Will be interested to see just how much Rhino contributes in this offense. Suspension and injury last year had him cheering from the sidelines. Is he doing that again this year? Give me the pass catchers at TE; Gadsden, Villari, and even Mahar.
Even in the run game; Sean has such great vision, he doesn't need a lead blocker mucking things up in front of him. Spreading out the D with more receiving threats helps Sean more than a blocking FB or even blocking TE, imo.

Will be interested to see just how much Rhino contributes in this offense. Suspension and injury last year had him cheering from the sidelines. Is he doing that again this year? Give me the pass catchers at TE; Gadsden, Villari, and even Mahar.
Even in the run game; Sean has such great vision, he doesn't need a lead blocker mucking things up in front of him. Spreading out the D with more receiving threats helps Sean more than a blocking FB or even blocking TE, imo.
Elmore always been a situational guy. He is not a full time offensive player. Only time he played full time was at guard out of necessity. There will be multiple packages and personnel groupings.

Last edited:
I always have to remind myself to not read much into the weekly depth chart but LeQuint Allen as the backup at RB is kind of suprising, although I'm not sure if that's because there isn't much depth behind Tucker or if it's because LeQuint is doing well in practice.
Price is an experienced, game player. For Allen to be listed ahead of him in game 1 is surprising and an accomplishment on his part.

Geer might be young, but he is a player. Gadsen is going to be used a ton. The football position is extremely important so he must be impressing them. Love the OL. We have three really good RBs and one of the best running QBs in the country make the D sell out on the run and give our bigs on the outside a chance at man coverage. This team looks pretty dam good on paper.

For those of you who track such things…we have 7 NJ kids on the roster, 6 are on the 2-deep (three starters)- Deuce, Clark, Peña, Allen, Lowry, Jaquez. All of those 6 are soph or younger.

Only R-Sr Tisdale did not make the two deep.

That makes things a lot easier to get more Jersey kids.

Had to count twice and there will certainly be other attrition, but of the 44 slots on the two deep for offense and defense, only 3 will exhaust their eligibility this season. Wow.
Maybe so, but definitely will lose more than 3 that exhaust eligibility.
Tucker, Bergeron, Jones, Williams, Bleich? Even Thompson with a big year?

Not the most glamorous spot, but with the issues we had last year I'm not thrilled to see a starting DB as the holder for place kicks. Not that I doubt he has the skills, just that it will be difiicult to devote practice time to that aspect of the game. He and Andre have to be of one mind to be successful.

For those of you who track such things…we have 7 NJ kids on the roster, 6 are on the 2-deep (three starters)- Deuce, Clark, Peña, Allen, Lowry, Jaquez. All of those 6 are soph or younger.

Only R-Sr Tisdale did not make the two deep.

That makes things a lot easier to get more Jersey kids.
And there are a ton of good NJ targets we are in on for 2024 and 2025

Geer might be young, but he is a player. Gadsen is going to be used a ton. The football position is extremely important so he must be impressing them. Love the OL. We have three really good RBs and one of the best running QBs in the country make the D sell out on the run and give our bigs on the outside a chance at man coverage. This team looks pretty dam good on paper.

If the schedule wasn’t so daunting I would be guaranteeing that this team would make a bowl game

With having one of the toughest schedules in the nation and starting with a conference opponent, can’t do it. But we do look good on paper

This team has some players and some dawgs.

I have a very good feeling we are going to look back on this team in 10 years and be like damn…we had a decent amount of pros on that team. We have talent from the young guys to the veteran guys and there’s potential NFL talent all over the field which really hasn’t been said in awhile here. Some of the older guys you know are gonna be drafted based on production already and some of the younger guys I think we’ll realize are Sunday after the year they have this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom