Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DepthPitt.jpg

Despite all of the rumors to the contrary, Mullen was never a serious candidate here. Just likes having his name spoken.
Has anyone told Dan Mullen this? Is he flying into Pittsburgh on a medical transport flight? I need answers!

Really wish Wax was back, but if he's a week away, he's a week away. I'm really nervous with McDonald and Sparrow. Hopefully Barron can keep it going at LB.

Barnes back is big obviously.

Until Zeed is back, I'd really like to see Hatcher be our deep guy even if it's a few incompletions just to keep the defense honest and on its heels a bit.

Really wish Wax was back, but if he's a week away, he's a week away. I'm really nervous with McDonald and Sparrow. Hopefully Barron can keep it going at LB.

Barnes back is big obviously.

Until Zeed is back, I'd really like to see Hatcher be our deep guy even if it's a few incompletions just to keep the defense honest and on its heels a bit.
I know I'm chapter president of the Hatcher fan club, but I agree we need a lob or two to him on the outside when 1:1 coverage is there. Might get some big plays, might get some flags. Definitely forces the defense to pay attention to the geometry of the field.

I know I'm chapter president of the Hatcher fan club, but I agree we need a lob or two to him on the outside when 1:1 coverage is there. Might get some big plays, might get some flags. Definitely forces the defense to pay attention to the geometry of the field.

I was wrong about him. I'm fine saying that. He's earned the right to take on this role. I think he may also be a guy that needs a few chances to get him going/grow his confidence in a game/get his feel on the guys guarding him (vs a Meeks who can just catch a 10 yard out out of the gate without an issue). I'd be fine with Hatcher being a poor man's Brian Thomas Jr (WR on the Jags - basically mostly bombs to him because hes faster/bigger than the guys covering him).

Ya, all for it. I may not have membership card, but I'm perusing the sales materials.

Not entirely accurate because Barnes did not play last week and he is listed
Barnes was on depth chart the past two weeks. So depth chart means nothing. Well... a change in the depth chart usually means something. But no change means nothing. So depth chart means virtually nothing?

I was wrong about him. I'm fine saying that. He's earned the right to take on this role. I think he may also be a guy that needs a few chances to get him going/grow his confidence in a game/get his feel on the guys guarding him (vs a Meeks who can just catch a 10 yard out out of the gate without an issue). I'd be fine with Hatcher being a poor man's Brian Thomas Jr (WR on the Jags - basically mostly bombs to him because hes faster/bigger than the guys covering him).

Ya, all for it. I may not have membership card, but I'm perusing the sales materials.
He doesn”t have a 100% catch rate, but he’s made a bunch of downfield contested catches, he’s already doing it.

2nd and short play action.

I predicted preseason that he might improve as a player but have lesser numbers than last season because Gadsden would be back and we added some talent that would gobble up targets and catches and I think that has happened.

I agree we might benefit from throwing to Hatcher a little more to establish some rhythm, but it's hard to complain about the results we're getting from the passing offense, and if Hatcher pulls down a deep shot TD every game and that's his only catch but blocks on other plays we'd take that every game.

A reflection of who played last time out, not what to expect for the next time.
This isn't true. Marcellus Barnes is listed. It seems when it comes to a player listed as OR - thats a reflection of last game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom