Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt

This isn't true. Marcellus Barnes is listed. It seems when it comes to a player listed as OR - thats a reflection of last game
It's true like 97% of the time, it seems.

Really wish Wax was back, but if he's a week away, he's a week away. I'm really nervous with McDonald and Sparrow. Hopefully Barron can keep it going at LB.

Barnes back is big obviously.

Until Zeed is back, I'd really like to see Hatcher be our deep guy even if it's a few incompletions just to keep the defense honest and on its heels a bit.
Always thought the timetable for Wax was a bit aggressive.

Although if he plays next week, only a bit. Fingers crossed.

Depth chart meaning is exciting the first time it's out before the first game and after that it is just kind of there. I appreciate always seeing it each week but unless there is an injury it doesn't seem to ever change.
Because there is 0 benefit to giving opposition forewarning of any changes we may make.

Hell if I'm Coach Fran I'm dressing Marlow and sending him out in pre game warm ups just to make Pitt wonder.

I think Coach Fran is the type of coach that’s willing to do something like this
What I heard last week was that Wax could definitely play this week but if it was a matter of whether we'd push him or wait another week to be safe. It's tough with a guy like Marlowe -- is he realistically going to be on a snap count to ease him back in? I'm guessing they decided to be conservative, which is probably the right call as we need him for the stretch run. Barnes' return is bigger this week IMO.

What I heard last week was that Wax could definitely play this week but if it was a matter of whether we'd push him or wait another week to be safe. It's tough with a guy like Marlowe -- is he realistically going to be on a snap count to ease him back in? I'm guessing they decided to be conservative, which is probably the right call as we need him for the stretch run. Barnes' return is bigger this week IMO.
This game (and every game after) is the most important game of the season if their goal is loftier then just making a bowl. If he’s ready he should play. You need the best players out on the field whenever possible.

Oh for sure.

But I wouldn’t be surprise if Fran dresses him and has him warm up etc

Even if he’s not going to play just to make Pitt question their game plan

This isn't true. Marcellus Barnes is listed. It seems when it comes to a player listed as OR - thats a reflection of last game
I don't think the Or has anything to do with the last game. If Fran feels a kid is able to get some play he sticks him on the depth chart. Even a few kids who are getting very little time are on there sometimes. if he's listed 3rd at a position on the depth chart, he gets an Or designation with the two. Typically the second player gets in before the third player listed even though the 2 and 3 spots share the Or designation. If the second player is also in some sort of a playing rotation with the starter he also gets an Or designation.

Oh for sure.

But I wouldn’t be surprise if Fran dresses him and has him warm up etc

Even if he’s not going to play just to make Pitt question their game plan
Feeling It GIF by Apple TV+

This game (and every game after) is the most important game of the season if their goal is loftier then just making a bowl. If he’s ready he should play. You need the best players out on the field whenever possible.
Sure we'd love to have everybody for every game playing at 100% but that isn't realistic. What percent is he healthy? He's obviously not 100% or he'd be out there this week for sure. Is he 65% or 85%? How much more risk of re-injury is there because of him not being 100% in his recovery? And In season, coming back from an injury i seriously doubt anybody is literally "100%" after recovering, even though that statement may be made. We don't have all the facts so its hard to say if he should or should not be out there. Coaches and trainers will make their best educated decision based on their info. It is what it is. Hopefully he is that much healthier after another week for the VT game.

Missing Pena really hurts the team. He’s made huge plays all season.

Hope he’s ok. Sucks that he was obviously hurt on the targeting. If you’re flagged for targeting and the kid you hit gets hurt you should miss as many games as the hurt player misses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom