Game Thoughts- Clemson fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thoughts- Clemson fan

I get it... Even on college game day, they wondered if Clemson would pull a "Clemson"... You know, choking a game away that you should never lose... But SU players or fans shouldn't believe in themselves or their team, because the MIGHTY Clemson tigers were coming to town. Give me a break...

It's cool that they've named disappointing losses due to not living up to your hype or potential after your program. I'm sure there's NO chance it happens this season :)

. That isn't how things are done in the ACC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I'm shocked you guys don't see this. But oh well, I'm out. Bigger fish to fry. See you guys in 2 years where hopefully we'll once again help you get close to a sellout. I'll even buy a 2-1 groupon to help out.

Ok?
Is this ACC style smack talk?

"WE'LL HELP YOU GET A SELLOUT, BROTHER"

the only separation from a joisey state fan is they have won before-
what a farking piece of dung

Nah, they said "Clemson is a team with many holes and we will exploit them. They are very beatable, and they haven't played in an environment like this"

I guess I just don't personally see what's wrong with a team saying that they think a team is beatable. I don't want a team saying "well they look pretty invincible to me." If they are asked whether they think they can win, and if they think they can compete, they're going to answer honestly I hope. They thought they could compete. This year, they were obviously wrong.

I was expecting a margin like this, to be honest. But that doesn't mean I don't want the players and coaches saying they think they can win, and believe Clemson can be beaten.

You've been good here, TT, so believe me, I have no problem with you. I have problems with people like Palmer, who are condescending beyond all reason and telling us how we should act, that we need to "learn" and trying to school us on how college football works. We have one of the 15 winningest programs in college football history, and have just been sidelined by one particularly horrible coaching hire last decade. We don't need lessons.

the SE by and large, humility is of greater value than performance.

You will rarely see crap talking from the SE centric teams.

The SE?

As in the the same SE as the SEC?

As in the SEC of SEC football conference fame?

Doesn't Steve Spurrier talk ish about your team every year?

You guys are coming off great, btw...I see where you fans get it from. Sorry this blowout loss brought out so much emotion...

TV cameras showed Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer directing a profanity-laced outburst towards Dabo Swinney in the second quarter when Clemson went for a touchdown instead of kicking a field goal right before halftime up 35-7. Swinney was asked his reaction in his postgame press conference.

"Were we supposed to take a knee?" Swinney said. "The game is never over until the last second ticks. I won't take it easy in the second quarter. We thought a touchdown would be a better deal right there."

For his part Shafer said that "The thing is, football is an emotional sport, anybody who knows me knows I'm extremely emotional, sometimes over the top. I said a few things out there today that I feel bad about, I really do. In the heat of the moment they were the same things I said on the basketball court or the football field when I was a kid playing, but I'm an adult now and I need to constrain myself a little bit better."

You put it in quotes, like your local-yokel media, but that's not exactly what was said. And Clemson does have weaknesses.

But you do have a very talented team and you were the much better team today. Good luck the rest of the season.

Nah, they said "Clemson is a team with many holes and we will exploit them. They are very beatable, and they haven't played in an environment like this"

I'll come visit after your first loss... I'm sure your fan base will handle it like Awwww-shucks Dabo.

He didn't swear in your coaches direction when he decided to go for a touchdown, he said f@ck you when we stopped you.

A smug and condescending fan base and media will do that to you ;)

You guys are coming off great, btw...I see where you fans get it from. Sorry this blowout loss brought out so much

For his part Shafer said that "The thing is, football is an emotional sport, anybody who knows me knows I'm extremely emotional, sometimes over the top. I said a few things out there today that I feel bad about, I really do. In the heat of the moment they were the same things I said on the basketball court or the football field when I was a kid playing, but I'm an adult now and I need to constrain myself a little bit better."

This is a bad excuse.
He's a grown man who should be a role model and example to 100 kids...that's ouch if thats a direct quote

This is a bad excuse.
He's a grown man who should be a role model and example to 100 kids...that's ouch if thats a direct quote
ohhhhh puhhhleeeeese

This is a bad excuse.
That may be, but I've never met a single coach who didn't lose it like that now and then. And I have worked in college sports for 10 years, and I grew up in college sports (my dad was a coach and I grew up on the campus basically).

Literally not a single coach, either for our teams or our opponents.

That may be, but I've never met a single coach who didn't lose it like that now and then. And I have worked in college sports for 10 years, and I grew up in college sports (my dad was a coach and I grew up on the campus basically).

I agree 100%. I didnt grow up on campus but I did play at Clemson, when we were at our worst,...I get that "in the heat of the moment" etc.

BUT after the game when he should have had time to calm down...I just think he could have handled that better,
If he said everything he did EXCEPT the part about I said the same stuff as a kid...I (PERSONALLY and I recognize my opinion doesnt really mean ) would had no problem with it and thought he handled it well.

He said he acted out of emotion and he needs to be mature and in-control and set a better example next time. He didn't offer an excuse but he did say he regrets his behavior.

This is a bad excuse.

Yeah, this dude, but seriously...does anyone care about Clemson basketball? Legit wondering about it.

Was really hoping y'all wouldn't go "UNC" on us.

Just don't say anything. Say all that jazz in the locker room. The right move would have been to say that it would be the biggest challenge they've seen this year. That's the move...

But to your point, yes, nothing would have changed the outcome. It just doesn't come off right before, during, or after the game. Especially when you have to know how outmatched you are. They had seen the film and probably knew this was coming before any of us. This fact makes the pregame comments that much more baffling.

Oh god, but what if that rubbed Northwestern the wrong way?

How about you and your players grow up. It's competitiveness. It could have been Stony Brook running out to face Clemson. You have to have confidence in your players and team. You have to believe you are going to win.

Honestly I thought this whole thing was embarrassing towards Clemson and it's fan base. Made you guys seem really soft.

Sure you beat us but really? Maybe the bigeast was different.

You think South Carolina or Cuse fans are bad?

Try decades of Pittsburgh and WVU.

Wow. This thread turned for the worst in a hurry. Gonna go read a more positive one.

Oh god, but what if that rubbed Northwestern the wrong way?

How about you and your players grow up. It's competitiveness. It could have been Stony Brook running out to face Clemson. You have to have confidence in your players and team. You have to believe you are going to win.

Honestly I thought this whole thing was embarrassing towards Clemson and it's fan base. Made you guys seem really soft.

Sure you beat us but really? Maybe the bigeast was different.

You think South Carolina or Cuse fans are bad?

Try decades of Pittsburgh and WVU.
So now your coaches comments make us seem soft?

Really?