Game Thoughts- Clemson fan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thoughts- Clemson fan

Nah, they said "Clemson is a team with many holes and we will exploit them. They are very beatable, and they haven't played in an environment like this"

This is a cultural differnce thing. In my job I deal with people from all over the country, after a while you learn the idiosyncrasies I suppose. Quite honestly this is one of the things that causes some of the "dumb southerner" "damn yankee" friction.

In the SE by and large, humility is of greater value than performance. An average performer in any organization, who says, "Aw shucks, I just got real lucky and have great support." will go far, much farther than a higher performer who toots his own horn. Same attitude in the community at large. In the NE it is glorified to "tell them what you are gonna do, then do it, then remind them you told them it was coming."

Its not right or wrong but folks who never leave the SE will be taken aback by the brazeness and brashness. Not saying others should coalesce to their views...just explaining why it was taken so wrong by so many.

You will rarely see crap talking from the SE centric teams. (BTW FL is not in the South...we annexed them years ago, so Miami is of course not included.) ;)

With all due respect that's a bunch of baloney, and I spend plenty of time in the SE.

You guys have a cultural caste system, we don't.

We've beaten the pants off of plenty of schools in FB and hoop in the south and the response is, well, you're not us and the sensitivity is off the charts.

I guess I just don't personally see what's wrong with a team saying that they think a team is beatable. I don't want a team saying "well they look pretty invincible to me." If they are asked whether they think they can win, and if they think they can compete, they're going to answer honestly I hope. They thought they could compete. This year, they were obviously wrong.

I was expecting a margin like this, to be honest. But that doesn't mean I don't want the players and coaches saying they think they can win, and believe Clemson can be beaten.

You've been good here, TT, so believe me, I have no problem with you. I have problems with people like Palmer, who are condescending beyond all reason and telling us how we should act, that we need to "learn" and trying to school us on how college football works. We have one of the 15 winningest programs in college football history, and have just been sidelined by one particularly horrible coaching hire last decade. We don't need lessons.

Syracuse is a top 15 program in college football?

I remember they had some good years with McNabb but I am thinking it as been decades since they were a factor in football?

Why doesn't the state of New York have a public university with a solid football program? It is kind of odd Syracuse is the best program in New York given it is basically a Duke. LOL

With all due respect that's a bunch of baloney, and I spend plenty of time in the SE.

You guys have a cultural caste system, we don't.

We've beaten the pants off of plenty of schools in FB and hoop in the south and the response is, well, you're not us and the sensitivity is off the charts.

what is a cultural caste system? Are you just trying to call us racist?

Syracuse is a top 15 program in college football?

I remember they had some good years with McNabb but I am thinking it as been decades since they were a factor in football?

Why doesn't the state of New York have a public university with a solid football program? It is kind of odd Syracuse is the best program in New York given it is basically a Duke. LOL

LOL...look at the total number of all time wins, that's what we're talking about. The taxpayers in NY pay for actual education, not sports thus the SUNY system which is second to none.

Clemson does have some flaws, but 'Cuse was the last team that was going to expose them.

Cuse talked more trash prior to the game than any team we have ever played in the last 20 years or so, that I can remember. I guess it is that lovable NY swagger. Cuse got swag. LOL

LOL...look at the total number of all time wins, that's what we're talking about. The taxpayers in NY pay for actual education, not sports thus the SUNY system which is second to none.

well, sports programs in the south are ostensibly not paid for with college tuition. your tuition does get you a "free" ticket to the games as a student. LOL

I am just saying that I didn't know Cuse had ever been that good of a football program but I bet most of those wins came in the early decades of football. I doubt they done much since 1980 or so with the exception of McNabb and the boys. That was a good team.

We have a heck of a history and had a run of winning seasons from 87 to 2001 that only Michigan and FSU could compare to during that time. In this ADD world too many people think of Greg Robinson and SU and not much else.

We have a he
ck of a history and had a run of winning seasons from 87 to 2001 that only Michigan and FSU could compare to during that time. In this ADD world too many people think of Greg Robinson and SU and not much else.

well football and all sports are about right now. Sports history doesn't mean much. Glory is only in the present. :)

I was surprised there were only 49000 people at the game yesterday. I wonder if Cuse ever plays in a stadium as big as Clemson's.

well football and all sports are about right now. Sports history doesn't mean much. Glory is only in the present. :)

I was surprised there were only 49000 people at the game yesterday. I wonder if Cuse ever plays in a stadium as big as Clemson's.

We won in the Big House in 98 and played in Tennessee in 99 so yeah, we are not afraid to travel.

If that's the case regarding glory only being in the present, then why does everyone suck off Notre Dame every year?

41-0, the psychological scars have obviously never healed.

If that's the case regarding glory only being in the present, then why does everyone suck off Notre Dame every year?

ND seems like most hated program b/c everybody thinks they get special treatment with the tv contract.

41-0, the psychological scars have obviously never healed.

you really believe that? LOL I can't even remember who was our QB, probably Green who wasn't very good. Those were the Tommy West years which were not good years in Clemson

I still can't believe NY doesn't have one public college with a big time football program. I used to think Syracuse was the "University of New York" and I thought it was public too. It is a lot larger than most private schools.

I guess NY just care about the Giants and the Jets. well, used to care. LOL

I guess I'm confused about when Clemson became so relavent. Was it the Chick-fil-A win last year? I don't think it was the Orange Bowl 2 years ago.

Great team this year but so does Louisville. Do you consider them an elite program?

It wasn't too long ago that BC was beating Clemson on a regular basis.

Cuse talked more trash prior to the game than any team we have ever played in the last 20 years or so, that I can remember.
This is the definition of delusion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Gotta agree with Palmer here. If it's true what Boyd said about the talk leading into this game then SU screwed up big time.

Have your macho bravado in the locker room. If you're a huge underdog then you make damn sure that all public comments are harmless and make Clemson forget that they're even playing a game. Shafer failed here and it's disconcerting.

What's odd is the number of posters here who don't get it.

Talk was fabricated and blown out of proportion. That's what people don't get. But whatever.

Gotta agree with Palmer here. If it's true what Boyd said about the talk leading into this game then SU screwed up big time.

Have your macho bravado in the locker room. If you're a huge underdog then you make damn sure that all public comments are harmless and make Clemson forget that they're even playing a game. Shafer failed here and it's disconcerting.

What's odd is the number of posters here who don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

"If" we apparantly talked trash I have no problem with it at all. Clemson fans are just using it as some North/South cultural referendum to make themselves look above it all. The difference in this game was WR and secondary. Here's to hoping that will change with the new recruits we have coming in as well as the young guys on our team coming up. Coaching was completely lopsided but that's to be expected when we have a completely raw new coaching staff. If Shafer and co are going to stick around for the long haul they will either A) get a hell of a lot better or B) we'll be facing you in the future with a new coaching staff.

what is a cultural caste system? Are you just trying to call us racist?

Not at all and I don't subscribe to that north south thing on that.

My better understanding of this would say that most Cuse fans ancestors got here at he turn of the century and grew up as workers, where many of yours have been here a century or so before.

Especially when you've been on probation as much as Clemson has. Oh and ...:)

after the first few posts this thread is really stupid....just face it,we just got smacked.

time to move ON and talk stupid stuff about N.C.ST.