Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thread

Gotta admit Ryan came thru and saved the season on that last drive. Maybe finally some good luck comes our way.

...if it was a Jack and Coke dump would that have been better...elation, emotion, What...I am just going to think about it for a few hours...... Yippee!

gatorade dump was embarassing... kinda bummed me out.

What came to mind for me and why the kids may have dumped the G on Marrone is that he told the kids at half to still believe, 'let's come out and see what happens' vs. maybe chewing their arses out. He said so much in his brief sideline interview before the start of the 2nd half. This was the kids way of saying thanks for believing in us! Awesome win!!!

Syracuse's defense?

Their defense was not good at all today and never said otherwise .. but anytime you hold a D1 (UConn) school to minus rushing yardage for an entire game you are doing something right ... quite frankly its about time the O gutted one out for us and they did ... the D has carried more than their fair share the last few seasons.

gatorade dump was embarassing... kinda bummed me out.

They're kids. And they haven't been there before so they don't know how to act like they have. I think it's a good sign, silly as it may have been.

Come on. We want emotion, right? Those players had to be jacked after pulling out that one. Who cares if they dunk Marrone and its South Florida. Isn't this only the second time we've beaten them?

Yep we are 2-6 against them if I recall.

What came to mind for me and why the kids may have dumped the G on Marrone is that he told the kids at half to still believe, 'let's come out and see what happens' vs. maybe chewing their arses out. He said so much in his brief sideline interview before the start of the 2nd half. This was the kids way of saying thanks for believing in us! Awesome win!!!

I didn't see the halftime interview..i was int he kitchen. what did he say?

He said they were gonna come out and kick their asses ... almost prophetic if you ask me ;)

I understand your sentiment, but this program lost all fair weather fans about 5 years ago.

If someone is still here, on this board, after all these years, they could only be die hard at this point.

No one who is actually a Syracuse fan (much less a diehard) would turn off an SU game in the first half.

That guy's post was childish; Otisco was right on the money.

Thanks for the advice. Hope someone can give you a cookie or a sticker or something for being the superfan supreme that you obviously are.

It's a shame that you missed an amazing win for the Orangemen, easily the most exciting college football game of the weekend.

Stick with it, man.

I just went back and took a look at the first half of this thread ... I hope all those negative Nancies turned the game off and missed one hell of a comeback ... what a friggin game! Actually it was almost like watching a jeckyl and hyde conversation ... just severe depression and despair to complete euphoria ... we officially have a bipolar thread :)

I just went back and took a look at the first half of this thread ... I hope all those negative Nancies turned the game off and missed one hell of a comeback ... what a friggin game! Actually it was almost like watching a jeckyl and hyde conversation ... just severe depression and despair to complete euphoria ... we officially have a bipolar thread :)

Yeah, wow.

I never read the game thread; just wanted to flip through and see if there were any comments about the pretty routine holding penalties not being called on USF (there weren't).

But that knee-jerk negativity is beyond the pale. It's incomprehensible to me why people behave that way.

I think the change we need is to revoke some user accounts on this board :)

If you revoked the license of all negative syracuse fans there would only be about twenty people left, and those twenty people are probably crazy. Hopefully tonight changes some tunes.

If you revoked the license of all negative syracuse fans there would only be about twenty people left, and those twenty people are probably crazy. Hopefully tonight changes some tunes.

I don't mind certain levels of negativity ... but some people have the same schtick over and over and over again ... and it gets really old.

It was short, basically said they've been able to move the ball, but some mistakes and poor performance in the red zone really hurt, etc. Said he told the kids we get the ball to start the half...let's go down and score and see what happens...or along those lines...

Yeah, wow.

I never read the game thread; just wanted to flip through and see if there were any comments about the pretty routine holding penalties not being called on USF (there weren't).

But that knee-jerk negativity is beyond the pale. It's incomprehensible to me why people behave that way.

MPB was being held a lot ... we have a very large knee-jerk fan base ... always have.

MPB was being held a lot ... we have a very large knee-jerk fan base ... always have.

He was indeed. There was also a long first-quarter USF run that involved two very obvious holds (on Anderson and one of the linemen) right in front of two officials. Frustrating; we've seen a lot of that this year.

So I'm still confused after the Ross FG miss. Why did they start on the 20 rather than the 12? Did I miss a penalty or is there some rule I don't know about?

IIRC the defense gets the ball where the FG is attempted, since it last touched the ground there (typically 7 yards from the kicking team's LOS)
So Krautman attempted a 22-yard field goal. Meaning the ball was placed at the 12-yard line. He missed. Therefore, shouldn't they have received the ball on the 12-yard line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom