Game time Saturday?? | Syracusefan.com

Game time Saturday??

Guessing 240

So we're firmly on the Thursday/Saturday track, right? If we win on Sat our S16 game would definitely be on Thursday night next week?

They don't ever mix it up from round to round do they?

HakAttack said:
So we're firmly on the Thursday/Saturday track, right? If we win on Sat our S16 game would definitely be on Thursday night next week?

I'm pretty sure I've seen it switched up before but yeah we're Thur/sat.

Memphis is Thurs / Sat

Memphis is Thurs / Sat
It can be mixed up from week to week (first weekend to second weekend), but as OrangeXtreme said, the Memphis dates are locked in for Thurs/Sat

times available for the 8 games on Saturday:

CBS 1215,230, 5,730
TBS 7 ,930
TNT 6,830

I've got the Orlando pod pegged for late slots on CBS with Louisville and Florida/Pitt. Spokane should get either TBS or TNT slots leaving CBS afternoon or TNT/TBS for Buffalo and Milwaukee. Milwaukee's 3rd round matchups look better so I have that getting the night slot available so Buffalo should be in line for CBS afternoon. Now onto which gets marquis 1215 slot. If its UConn/Nova that gets 1215 otherwise I think we get it

I posted this earlier... It will likely be 12:15 or 2:45

They will not announce the tip times for Saturday until tonight at about Midnight, but here are the times and stations that the games will be on…
12:15 - CBS
2:45 - CBS
5:15 - CBS
6:10 - TNT
7:10 - TBS
7:45 - CBS
8:40 - TNT
9:40 – TBS
By Region it would
12:15 and 2:45 - CBS
5:15 and 7:45 – CBS
6:10 and 8:40 – TNT
7:10 and 9:40 – TBS
So the 12:15 and 2:45 are the only standalone games of the day, and they are usually reserved for the best set of games from one pod.
Last year and the year before, which is as far as my research went this morning (Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols) were the announcing team for the early 2 games… they happen to be the announcers at Buffalo.
CBS would love to have Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols do their 2 standalone games (this is their best set of announcers doing Thursday/Saturday games) and if it is chalk Buffalo would almost certainly be the first set of games. I am not saying that I think Cuse v OSU and Nova v Uconn is definitely their best set of games and I am not sure anyone would really want to watch the 42-40 defensive struggle that Cuse OSU would be… but CBS decided to send Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols to Buffalo for a reason, and that would likely be to announce the early standalone games on Saturday.
By comparison, Sunday has the exactly same set of times. Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony (which is CBS’ best overall announcing crew, and their final 4 crew) will be in St. Louis, which could have Wichita St v Kentucky and Kansas v New Mexico.
Jim Nantz has also done the early games in the round of 32, on Sundays, the past 2 years.
So in summary, if it is chalk (and likely even if it isn’t chalk) Buffalo will be the first games to start on Saturday.

Could just as easily be Orlando in that timeslot!

they will want Louisville and Florida to anchor cbs' late slot most likely

Don't mean to look too far ahead but anyone know possible tip times for Memphis?

If i had to guess, I would say we get the 12:15 spot.

If it was SU/tOSU, that would have definitely been the 12:15 game. No offense to Dayton but they don't carry the same ratings juice as the Buckeyes, so I'll go with the 2:45 start for the Cuse. We'll know when the channels sign off for the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom