Game was over when Marek fouled out on that absurd call... | Syracusefan.com

Game was over when Marek fouled out on that absurd call...

We got homed on our own court. The charge on Brissett was BS. H twisted sideways to avoid contact. Barely grazed his shoulder. The defender flopped and the ref rewarded the flop.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that secondary defenders that take charges can all have their toe nails removed one by one.

We got homed on our own court. The charge on Brissett was BS. H twisted sideways to avoid contact. Barely grazed his shoulder. The defender flopped and the ref rewarded the flop.
Agreed on Brissett. Terrible call. Total anticipation by the ref.

But Marek's off hand got into the defender's chin/throat. Perhaps he got bodied earlier in his dribble penetration, I can listen to that, but the "end call" was appropriate.

good call or not, how many charges did they call in a game where people attacked the rim all night.

Some real tough calls went against us at the end but I can not say they were totally wrong. Just curious why they were calling them against Syracuse but not the other way. Before Dolezaj got called he was obviously fouled at the top of the key. No call. BS. Agree with CTO. He is our heart and soul.

Eh, the officiating was terrible, but they inexplicably gave Dolezaj's foul (should've been his fourth) on the made Bona dunk to Chukwu. And they ignored at least one over-the-back on our 62-second opening possession of overtime. The kid should've fouled out a lot earlier.

That said: college basketball, and college basketball officiating, are a disgrace.

Eh, the officiating was terrible, but they inexplicably gave Dolezaj's foul (should've been his fourth) on the made Bona dunk to Chukwu. And they ignored at least one over-the-back on our 62-second opening possession of overtime. The kid should've fouled out a lot earlier.

That said: college basketball, and college basketball officiating, are a disgrace.

Agreed on Brissett. Terrible call. Total anticipation by the ref.

But Marek's off hand got into the defender's chin/throat. Perhaps he got bodied earlier in his dribble penetration, I can listen to that, but the "end call" was appropriate.

Yea marek def fouled the guy. Oshae didnt charge but marek hit the guy in the throat with an extended arm.

Our fans got owned in the first half.

Not surprising. Nobody gets into the game unless there’s 10 minutes left and we’re losing. That’s it. Been that way for at least 15-20 years.

Exceptions: Duke, UNC, Nova, Georgetown and UConn when they were good and if someone comes in highly ranked like Virginia last year.

Same old story. Play lousy D and dig ourselves a hole on the scoreboard early.

We let Adams take us apart. Inexcusable.

BTW, someone tell JB to put Chukwu with Hakim Warrick for a month so he can learn how to dunk near the hoop. Ugh!!

Same old story. Play lousy D and dig ourselves a hole on the scoreboard early.

We let Adams take us apart. Inexcusable.
But general20 says our D is deceptively good this year... so if he says it enough times it must be true.

In all seriousness I do appreciate general20’s game-to-game insight but I feel he is not as objective as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with that though.

But general20 says our D is deceptively good this year... so if he says it enough times it must be true.

In all seriousness I do appreciate general20’s game-to-game insight but I feel he is not as objective as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with that though.
We shot 30% from 2 and 15% from 3. Not sure I can blame defense for this one. We held them to less than 20 points in the 2nd half.

We shot 30% from 2 and 15% from 3. Not sure I can blame defense for this one. We held them to less than 20 points in the 2nd half.
That was mostly trunk monkey and the refs swallowing their whistles. Our base D was on pace to give up 80.

It’s acceptable to say we played like garbage on both ends of the court, ok?

That was mostly trunk monkey and the refs swallowing their whistles. Our base D was on pace to give up 80.

It’s acceptable to say we played like garbage on both ends of the court, ok?
Bonnie's got squat out of their half court offense in the 2nd half even though they had plenty of opportunities. First half D could have been better but Bonnnies had multiple shooters making threes so that made it tough. This is a good defensive team. Not one of our best but pretty good.

These were two middle of the road teams, neither are bad but the sweet 16/elite 8 team are their high end ceilings. It most likely won't be a "bad loss" come year end, but that said a good team shouldn't lose to a team like this at home. This is a developmental year for this squad and I think people will enjoy the games more if they tried to view it from that lens, jmho. Really looking forward to watching Oshae and sidibe improve along with Marek (which I think we saw happen, my big positive of the evening) and most importantly Frank. Frank will be our pg on a very good team next year so I'm hoping he can slowly get better in that roll as the season progress'.

Pot calling kettle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom