Garrett Shrader | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader

Once again, he can't do it all by himself. If his teammates don't fumble or get called for dumb penalties, he probably produces points.

Also, how many points did Shrader produce?
He hasn't done it for 3 years, and you and all his defenders keep blaming everyone else. It's time to stop, and admit the fact he isn't a game day QB. He is a video game QB, and doesn't have the instincts to run a team in live action. If Mahoney could throw for 400, and 380 yards in this system, and score 61 and 45 why can't TD put up numbers?

He hasn't done it for 3 years, and you and all his defenders keep blaming everyone else. It's time to stop, and admit the fact he isn't a game day QB. He is a video game QB, and doesn't have the instincts to run a team in live action. If Mahoney could throw for 400, and 380 yards in this system, and score 61 and 45 why can't TD put up numbers?
Agree...it is extremely frustrating.

Who knows if Shrader or Morgan or Lamson are capable of succeeding with the plays that are being called?
Shrader has five completions on seven attempts this season. SSS.
Dino's not giving anybody other than TD much of a chance.

Plus, there are two tall, highly-rated WRs sitting on the bench.
And the playbook is dominated by two plays - handoff to Sean Tucker and a long pass to Taj Harris on the right sideline.

I think Dino has a really hard time believing in the potential for success on offense from young players.

Expecting six wins at this point is expecting Dino to make vast changes.
Dino is not that guy.
Maybe four years ago he was, but he's definitely not that guy now.

One note on Sterling Gilbert, he took over at USF after a season which they had the 4th highest scoring offense, his first year he inherited senior Quintin Flowers who had a great career, Gilbert's first season they had the 9th highest scoring offense.
His final year at the USF OC and first without Flowers they had the 64th best scoring offense and he was run out of town. It was a baffling hire when it was made and has proven to have been a big mistake.

Who knows if Shrader or Morgan or Lamson are capable of succeeding with the plays that are being called?
Shrader has five completions on seven attempts this season. SSS.
Dino's not giving anybody other than TD much of a chance.

Plus, there are two tall, highly-rated WRs sitting on the bench.
And the playbook is dominated by two plays - handoff to Sean Tucker and a long pass to Taj Harris on the right sideline.

I think Dino has a really hard time believing in the potential for success on offense from young players.

Expecting six wins at this point is expecting Dino to make vast changes.
Dino is not that guy.
Maybe four years ago he was, but he's definitely not that guy now.
Spot on, whats so frustrating is at a minimum we have the potential to compete and be exciting. It's not like prior years when they flatly suck, hope DB makes the needed changes but won't hold by breath.

-Duquesne scored one less point then we did against Ohio.

-Duquesne QB averaged 8.4 yards per completion to Devitos 8.3 yards per completion.

-That’s not the company I want our QB to be in. Devito has gotten plenty of time. The more snaps he gets, the more things stay the same. The same mistakes he made 3 seasons ago, he is still making today. I don’t think I have ever seen someone not improve over the course of his career. I can’t take it anymore. He has had his opportunities. We need to see what else we have. Devito can transfer and keep a year of eligibility since he has only played 2 games. He gets a fresh start and we can start over.

I'd find it hard to get motivated if I did nothing wrong and then got hooked for a guy that barely moved the ball in three drives.
Can’t figure out which one you’re talking about here

Both seemed meh

Once again, he can't do it all by himself. If his teammates don't fumble or get called for dumb penalties, he probably produces points.

Also, how many points did Shrader produce?
So you are going down with the Devito ship along with Dino? Good to know. Boat is starting to look and feel like the Titanic.

-Duquesne scored one less point then we did against Ohio.

-Duquesne QB averaged 8.4 yards per completion to Devitos 8.3 yards per completion.

-That’s not the company I want our QB to be in. Devito has gotten plenty of time. The more snaps he gets, the more things stay the same. The same mistakes he made 3 seasons ago, he is still making today. I don’t think I have ever seen someone not improve over the course of his career. I can’t take it anymore. He has had his opportunities. We need to see what else we have. Devito can transfer and keep a year of eligibility since he has only played 2 games. He gets a fresh start and we can start over.
All Valid facts that can't be disputed anymore by anyone. I have been ALL-IN with TD and Dino since day one, TD just doesn't have the confidence or ability to make adjustments under center when they spook him...There has been no credible improvements on his end over the past few years. Dino, cut the umbilical cord and hand the ball over to GS, and not by just throwing him in the game with his bum backed up to the end zone like you did in his first two series. Declare GS your starter this week for everyone's benefit.

All Valid facts that can't be disputed anymore by anyone. I have been ALL-IN with TD and Dino since day one, TD just doesn't have the confidence or ability to make adjustments under center when they spook him...There has been no credible improvements on his end over the past few years. Dino, cut the umbilical cord and hand the ball over to GS, and not by just throwing him in the game with his bum backed up to the end zone like you did in his first two series. Declare GS your starter this week for everyone's benefit.

Can’t do that.

Too much of an advantage for Albany

Clearly there's no room for nuance on this site anymore. I'm not even a Tommy defender, I wanted Shrader to win the job in camp. He didn't do that, and clearly hasn't show enough to justify playing over Tommy so far this year.

Meanwhile, in two games this season, Tommy has looked poised in the pocket, has missed a few throws that cost us drives, but hasn't cost us games. That first quarter against RU had me optimistic, we had over 100 yards of offense and turnovers and penalties kept us off the scoreboard. Tommy had no business being pulled as he did nothing wrong.

It's been the players around him (on offense) that have cost us games. And let's not use Zach Mahoney from 5 years ago as an example. Sean Lewis isn't here anymore. If he was, maybe we wouldn't be having these problems.

Penalties and fumbles have been our issues this season, and if anything, it's more on Dino and Gilbert than him.

Former Mississippi State coach and current Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead recruited Shrader to Starkville out of Charlotte Christian School in North Carolina to be the future of the MSU program.

He was good enough to start for a SEC school under Joe Moorhead so I don’t have a problem with him starting over Devito.

Clearly there's no room for nuance on this site anymore. I'm not even a Tommy defender, I wanted Shrader to win the job in camp. He didn't do that, and clearly hasn't show enough to justify playing over Tommy so far this year.

Meanwhile, in two games this season, Tommy has looked poised in the pocket, has missed a few throws that cost us drives, but hasn't cost us games. That first quarter against RU had me optimistic, we had over 100 yards of offense and turnovers and penalties kept us off the scoreboard. Tommy had no business being pulled as he did nothing wrong.

It's been the players around him (on offense) that have cost us games. And let's not use Zach Mahoney from 5 years ago as an example. Sean Lewis isn't here anymore. If he was, maybe we wouldn't be having these problems.

Penalties and fumbles have been our issues this season, and if anything, it's more on Dino and Gilbert than him.
I get accused of stumping for him and Dino all the time, orange colored glasses, etc. but, the vitriol for him is crazy and doesn’t allow for nuance. Earlier I said that Shrader doesn’t throw with good mechanics while saying he’s still pretty effective and got pilloried.

I don’t know how to tell people I believe both QBs have flaws and strengths and could still lead us to a bowl without getting stuff thrown at me.

Forgot how crazy it gets around here after a loss.

So let Shrader start against Albany!
the shredder !

shredder-character-web-desktop.png

btw it ain't always about qb talent. it's about which QB the offense team trusts to get them to the end zone.

Last edited:

I typically agree with you on most things. Not this though. I thing GS will be a better game QB than a practice QB. TD is the exact opposite IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom