Garrett Shrader | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader

I hope you are right on the o line, but there really is no reason to believe that the o line will be any better than average, at best, against acc caliber opponents.

yes, u r correct, I made my post based upon seeing two years of tommy and highlights of shrader. Tommy is what he is, good arm, mediocre field vision, mediocre accuracy, doesn’t feel the pocket well, and below average escapability. Now, yes, hopefully he has improved in a couple of those areas, but for him to make a needed quantum leap...I will need to see it first, and if I do see it, I will LOVE to eat crow on my post.

as for shader, from highlights, anybody can see he has a lot of tools, and from stats, he appears to lack consistency. So, yes, IMHO, he has higher upside. Higher upside; however, does not necessarily make him a better QB right now. Tommy knows the system better at this point in time, so yeah, if we are playing Ohio caliber opponents and just need a game manager, roll w tommy. But the way I look at it, is that we won, ONE, freakin game last season. So, unless, you believe tommy has made that quantum leap, I will hope the guy w more upside can grow into the role, So that we can compete when the schedule gets tougher.
- an average ACC OL is way better than what we had the last two seasons

- for that reason and that I think TD isn’t as bad as he’s looked with an awful OL, I think a quantum leap isn’t needed to get to good QB play and results we’ll be happy with

- you see the problem with evaluating highlights vs 3 years of following a guy on message board and watching him in every game right? There’s a pretty slick DeVito highlight package you can watch that will make you think he’s All-World. I think it’s good we have a staff with their jobs on the line making this determination based on hours of practice time.

The oline may be experienced a d healthy but maybe they just don't have the skill.

Tommy isnt the answer. If he really beat out Shrader in a fair competition we are in trouble. From highlights I saw, GS has much more upside, particularly given that we wont have a great O-Line to protect the QB.
Based on today, so far, those are bad observations.

In what way have we seen enough Schrader to know
He missed three TD throws and did not look fast or shifty. Rutgers is a weak team this was a good opportunity. Maybe he is something different but it was certainly an inauspicious start,

We heard all the talk about the QB room being the deepest it has ever been, and I have to think "deep in what? Dust bunnies? Big Mac wrappers?"

Imagine being one of the young guys and thinking "the coaches think I'm not as good as these two guys? What is this portal thing and how do I get on it. "

Not sure I get the hate with Shrader. He made one bone headed play with the fumble out of bounds, but otherwise was moving the ball. Made a nice throw on the run to Taj. It’s also his first action in a game in 2 years. Devito has been here 5 years and it’s the same . He ain’t gettin any better. Give the reigns to Shrader.

Not sure I get the hate with Shrader. He made one bone headed play with the fumble out of bounds, but otherwise was moving the ball. Made a nice throw on the run to Taj. It’s also his first action in a game in 2 years. Devito has been here 5 years and it’s the same . He ain’t gettin any better. Give the reigns to Shrader.
he underthrew a ball into triple coverage that was almost picked off

I am tired of TD he is just not a good QB at the P5 level period. I don't care about GS or anyone else on the roster but TD as a 5th year senior is awful. I would rather go with anyone else on the roster because it can't get worse. Let's try to get the other guys ready and see what they can do. TD is done and cooked.

Devito was rolling then we brought in Shrader with a limited playbook and asked him to improvise.

Tommy struggles but his last first half drive was not on him. The two qb approach does not work.

This coaching staff is outside it’s mind

This is the third year I we have started 13. The first I was pumped and thought we had a good one . He didn’t do that well. The second he started and looked pretty bad until he was injured. Again this year I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as it heated up out there he fell to pieces like we have seen him do so many times. Don’t fing tell me he had no time today. He did. Schrader or Morgan next week , let’s go from there. What a nightmare fing game

This is the third year I we have started 13. The first I was pumped and thought we had a good one . He didn’t do that well. The second he started and looked pretty bad until he was injured. Again this year I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as it heated up out there he fell to pieces like we have seen him do so many times. Don’t fing tell me he had no time today. He did. Schrader or Morgan next week , let’s go from there. What a nightmare fing game
Tommy looked fine the first three drives. Then we inexplicably took him out. Made no sense whatsoever and killed all momentum.

Tommy looked fine the first three drives. Then we inexplicably took him out. Made no sense whatsoever and killed all momentum.
Our definition of fine is different. Ok the Taj fumble that wasn’t I’ll give you . There was no momentum, we were scoreless. This is an old replay. Things get heated and TD disappears. If my QB is that fragile I don’t want him anyway.

Our definition of fine is different. Ok the Taj fumble that wasn’t I’ll give you . There was no momentum, we were scoreless. This is an old replay. Things get heated and TD disappears. If my QB is that fragile I don’t want him anyway.
We drove down the field into the red zone twice in three drives. Even without scoring I was confident with how we were playing. Made no sense to hook Tommy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom