George Morris? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

George Morris?

Good job by Nolan getting whole story.
Interesting about Morris. Hope he can get everything cleared up.

As far as Hilliard, what Nolan is reporting is the same thing we reported about an hour previous to this. Academic issues will keep him out this season. We just had more specifics about what the issue was.

And Nolan Weidner would probably be the last person I would trust on getting solid info.

Why's that? He obviously talked to somebody in the football office. And there's no indication on JRome's twitter that he had any contact with Morris.

Why's that? He obviously talked to somebody in the football office. And there's no indication on JRome's twitter that he had any contact with Morris.

Plain and simply, because I believe Nolan is pretty awful at his job. And it makes no sense that Morris would reach out to Smith asking where he was unless he was now on campus himself. Whatever the real story is, I hope the kid is either on campus or ends up on campus. He was one of my favorite 2012 commits.

It could just be that Nolan has come late to the party regarding Morris. Maybe those academic issues are already in the past and he's on campus. One can hope :)

Plain and simply, because I believe Nolan is pretty awful at his job. And it makes no sense that Morris would reach out to Smith asking where he was unless he was now on campus himself. Whatever the real story is, I hope the kid is either on campus or ends up on campus. He was one of my favorite 2012 commits.

There is the possibility that Morris is on campus trying to get his issue resolved but Nolans' source only knew the kid had an issue but not that he was on campus. Whatever the issue is, hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

Sucks, they were two of the better recruits in the class. Hopefully they're here next year. What's the word on Funderburk?

There is the possibility that Morris is on campus trying to get his issue resolved but Nolans' source only knew the kid had an issue but not that he was on campus. Whatever the issue is, hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

The source knows exactly what is going on.

The source knows exactly what is going on.
I am confused by one thing in the article. Nolan wrote "There wasn't any indication if Morris, another three-star prospect, would be able to clear up his issues and make it to the Summer Start program or report with the rest of the players in early August" does this mean if he cant get there for the summer start he will definitely be here in August or he will not be able to make it at all. This is my problem with Nolan Weidner, he seems to be a decent reporter but he is not a good writer.

I am confused by one thing in the article. Nolan wrote "There wasn't any indication if Morris, another three-star prospect, would be able to clear up his issues and make it to the Summer Start program or report with the rest of the players in early August" does this mean if he cant get there for the summer start he will definitely be here in August or he will not be able to make it at all. This is my problem with Nolan Weidner, he seems to be a decent reporter but he is not a good writer.

How dare you question Nolan!

If Nolan doesn't read this board, it reinforces the notion that he's not very good at his job, I'm not trying to pat ourselves on the back, but this board contains the most passionate and in some cases connected / knowledgable fans we have. At the very least we can provide a direction for a reporter to start sniffing on occasion. It's like a guy covering the crime beat who doesn't like talking to cops. Good luck with that.

Webb, rahme, waters,dd...all did or do make this place a regular stop, if for no other reason just to check things out and see what the issue of the day is.

Sounds like a problem with his HS transcript that needs to be cleared up before he can be admitted to SU.

If it drags on longer than a week or so, he'll have missed too much of the Summer program anyways, but it wouldn't prevent him from enrolling in August.

Unless he can't get it cleared up. That's bad. :(

seems Nolan was pretty clear, It is about his high school requirements, Wouldn't that mean he was lacking something to graduate with his class and is making it up now? Doubt we see him before August, if then,

So basically at this point we should just wait until the season starts before we can fully determine what the hell is going on here.

@RomeSmith45: Just had dinner with my Lil bros @DaPrince23SU g.morris and devante McFarland ... Now it's time to work

I would say he's almost definitely on campus.
Nice twitter research, bro:)

@RomeSmith45: Just had dinner with my Lil bros @DaPrince23SU g.morris and devante McFarland ... Now it's time to work

I would say he's almost definitely on campus.

As i surmised earlier, it was pretty obvious he was on campus yesterday with his tweet to Smith. And yet our fabulous beat writer comes up small again with another inaccurate story. I'll stop picking on Weidner now but only because I'm relieved to hear Morris is on campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom