George Morris? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

George Morris?

Getting to SU from other parts of the country ain't easy. Wonder if the power outage across the nation had anything to do with it - I think a lot of flights were delayed/cancelled. I've been delayed twice by 1 day in the last 10 years coming into Syracuse - we really need upgraded air service to Syracuse. Not saying this was it but really is possible.

ok - who's the that jinxed everything by starting the academic casualties thread and getting people to blab about the lack of casualties since DM took over ;)
Funny! I just acknowledged that on the other thread! My bad

Glad the post standard didn't get scooped by one of those rogue bloggers. You know, you can't trust anything they say.

LOL apparently that source was a bit off. Only other thing I can think of is that he is on campus but still has an issue to clear up to be eligible?

I'd assume if he's practicing than maybe the issue is the clearinghouse? Did Esk have to sit out of practice last summer while he had those issues cleared up? I can't remember.

Does anyone on this board actually still go to the Post Standard for news anymore? The last thing I read from the PS was their spring/fall practice updates. Especially the video blog they once had...

But since that is no longer, I really find little value there anymore. Most everything they report is at least 24 hours behind what we've discussed here.

Does anyone on this board actually still go to the Post Standard for news anymore? The last thing I read from the PS was their spring/fall practice updates. Especially the video blog they once had...

But since that is no longer, I really find little value there anymore. Most everything they report is at least 24 hours behind what we've discussed here.

Yeah, I'm normally one to defend the traditional media and point out that their standards make it tough to keep up with bloggers, who often have great info but perhaps don't always have great info or all the info they would need to get published in the paper, etc.

BUT, in this case I agree. The PS is a day late and a dollar short on most stories. They also really need to figure out a way to get a regular podcast going and branch out a bit more in their coverage. It's getting ugly.

Yeah, I'm normally one to defend the traditional media and point out that their standards make it tough to keep up with bloggers, who often have great info but perhaps don't always have great info or all the info they would need to get published in the paper, etc.

BUT, in this case I agree. The PS is a day late and a dollar short on most stories. They also really need to figure out a way to get a regular podcast going and branch out a bit more in their coverage. It's getting ugly.
The fact Bud is still employed there tells you all you need to know about the Post Standard.

The fact Bud is still employed there tells you all you need to know about the Post Standard.
Yeah, I used to defend the PS like crazy because I had an uncle who was a writer there, but the coverage (football-wise anyway; DD and MW do a terrific job) has declined at a very rapid pace.

Yeah, I used to defend the PS like crazy because I had an uncle who was a writer there, but the coverage (football-wise anyway; DD and MW do a terrific job) has declined at a very rapid pace.

Disagree -- Rahme is still an excellent reporter and knows the game. I read everything I can by Rahme. Weidner, not so much. Thankfully we should see Rahme's return from lax as we get closer to Summer Camp.

I'd assume if he's practicing than maybe the issue is the clearinghouse? Did Esk have to sit out of practice last summer while he had those issues cleared up? I can't remember.

Official team practices don't begin until August. Esk was held out once practice began.

The only thing going on now would be "voluntary" conditioning. But if Morris isn't officially enrolled yet, he wouldn't have access to the facilities.

Come to think of it, he wouldn't even have a dorm room.

did i missed something,who said he was practicing?

Bueller-300x235.jpg

Weidner ?... Weidner ...Weidner

Sorry if this has been covered, I didn't see it anywhere, but my brother just texted me about some rumor that George Morris is potentially not reporting to SU? And saying he's not in the new student directory?

Anyone know anything about this? I hope it's just a baseless rumor...
Apparently its true if the situation hasn't changed in the last 24 hours according to the local paper. It would be a nut hit if it means he isn't going to report. Losing two big players along with DE Hiliard for the season isn't the best way to begin the Y2K12(2012) season or in more . It does give the current RBs an edge along with Macfarlane who wants to play at that position.couchburn

Apparently its true if the situation hasn't changed in the last 24 hours according to the local paper. It would be a nut hit if it means he isn't going to report. Losing two big players along with DE Hiliard for the season isn't the best way to begin the Y2K12(2012) season or in more . It does give the current RBs an edge along with Macfarlane who wants to play at that position.couchburn

Wow cali way to keep up...lol

Reading comprehension -- not your forte

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom