Georgetown Game Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown Game Thread...

Promises mean nothing until a contract is signed. Wildhack isn't that naive and stupid not to consider other options. Not worried about the future actually. Pretty much anybody can draw up better offense or else one is just shunning all the recruitniks in terms of the actual talent on this team.
Talking about Ethics, not Legality. It would be super-messed to bypass Hop after telling him to wait. And not giving him a (real) chance to prove himself.

I use a "system" with my gambling, learned many years ago not to ever bet with my heart or feelings. I use all the analytics as I can and try to make mathematical decisions on my bets. After a season of tweaks a few years back and going legit hard on it this year after a lot of testing last year, I'm already up a month and a half's salary this young college basketball season. And that's with a couple of days of tough, big losses.

Maybe you can share some of your analysis with a struggling bettor like me?

Talking about Ethics, not Legality. It would be super-messed to bypass Hop after telling him to wait. And not giving him a (real) chance to prove himself.
Like when we force players off the team and strongly encourage them to transfer?

Then pack it in. I'm going to have faith that SU will pay to keep the program great.
Hop will make SU great again!

If we say that often and loud enough, it becomes just as good as a fact.

Of course he will be considered and evaluated. Ethics have nothing to do with this. This is business and like I mentioned nothing has been signed. I'm confident that a good decision will be made.

Wildhack and Syverud never made a promise.

Like when we force players off the team and strongly encourage them to transfer?
I don't like that either.
That said, I don't know what the actual conversations were. "Forced" is one thing. Having an earnest conversation with a kid and having both parties acknowlege that better opportunities might be had elsewhere is another thing. Fine line. I don't think scholarships should be rescinded.

Kinda wish we had been able to see BJ all the way through.

Has Gillon finished once today? Every time he drives I just assume it's not going to end well.

lol I was wondering how long it would take for SyracuseFan members to wam up to the transfers and treat them like their own, and it appears it's happened already.

That said, I don't know what the actual conversations were. "Forced" is one thing. Having an earnest conversation with a kid and having both parties acknowlege that better opportunities might be had elsewhere is another thing. Fine line. I don't think scholarships should be rescinded.

I mean... That's the convo a lot of us think should be had with this coaching staff.

BJFTW!!

What is there to be positive about??????? I wish I could be positive about this program but I am not in the least bit.
I agree to an extent. Not much to be positive about today aside from Lydon's play. I'm as cynical as anyone on here but I don't agree with your incessant badgering of the coach. Everyone on here knows you hate Boeheim and you pretty much blame him for everything. You'd be better off writing letters to the ad pleading him to fire JB.

I agree to an extent. Not much to be positive about today aside from Lydon's play. I'm as cynical as anyone on here but I don't agree with your incessant badgering of the coach. Everyone on here knows you hate Boeheim and you pretty much blame him for everything. You'd be better off writing letters to the ad pleading him to fire JB.
All today did was put another dagger in this season and remind us that Lydon might go pro.

I think a pig flew by my window...you're defending JB and I'm ready to move on.

Also, getting to something else you said...Wichita pays Gregg Marshall $3.3m. Imagine SU could manage $4+ for someone like him.

If Hop has the same philosophy as JB then no, zero chance we should make him HC.

I'm sorry. All zone all day with zero offensive creativity while selectively recruiting is not a recipe for sustained success anymore.
We're of the same mind on a lot of issues. But, to suggest there is only One philosophy is prolly not accurate. We can only hope Hop embraces some philosophies and not others. And that he doesn't feel obligated to perpetuate any of them based on history. He's just going to need good players and that's going to be tough.

No need to- This doesn't impact my life in anyway and Wildhack will do as he sees. I'll stop with the JB criticism tho because I know it touches a sensitive nerve here with some people. Just trying to be as objective as I always can be and I honestly think he is this programs biggest problem right now. This program is awesome and it should be doing a lot better. I see it as the other way around compared to most on this forum- While everyone is quick to bash the 20 year old kids' talent level, I am quick to bash the guy whose been coaching for 40+ years and changes nothing year in and year out.

At least Gillon is going to the hoop. Frank is incapable of running the team, IMO.

And this is exactly why I am a terrible gambler on games.

Me too...I did today, and even told myself it was with my heart. I saw the line moving to indicate the money was going on Syracuse, so I knew I wasnt alone on betting for the Orange, at least.

Any chance we get a look from Jay Wright or is that never gonna happen with the success he's having at Nova now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom