Georgetown Game Thread... | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown Game Thread...

Great win. Watched the whole game. Had to stay off the interweb because I like posting on this site.*

The kids toughed out a tough win. Glad they never give up and glad they realize they can play within their own abilities and win. Obviously, we lack outside shooting and that hurts, but the kids give much more effort in other areas to cover for the weakness.

I would like big guys to score more, that would help the perimeter guys, at least somewhat.

Any win against Georgetown is good. And, they still suck.

* Not a complaint against the mods or staff, more of an indictment against me.

This game thread is a great read.

Love that video of the team coming off the court. Moyer sure does love playing for Syracuse doesn't he? Impossible not to like him.

You can point to the shots made by Brissette, Battle, Howard's steal...etc.

But the rebounding by our forwards was most important in my mind. Oshae is the best rebounding freshman forward we've had since Coleman. He DOMINATED the defensive glass when it mattered.

Fine use of the word "scoundrels"!

They play in the world's capitol of scoundrels, so if PETA ever starts demanding name changes the way Halbritter or whomever is for DC's football team, I think "Scoundrels" would be an appropriate name for them.

Last edited:
This game thread is a great read.

Love that video of the team coming off the court. Moyer sure does love playing for Syracuse doesn't he? Impossible not to like him.

You can point to the shots made by Brissette, Battle, Howard's steal...etc.

But the rebounding by our forwards was most important in my mind. Oshae is the best rebounding freshman forward we've had since Coleman. He DOMINATED the defensive glass when it mattered.

The rebounding is awesome. Brisset is incredible and the whole team is better than any syracuse squad since at least the championship year.

That said the difference here was really brisset hitting a bunch of shots in the second half that he's been missing most of the year. That is probably the difference in the season too - if ob can be an above-average shooter this could be like a six-seed team. If he's not, it's a bubble team. This is the first game he's shown any sign he can hit shots, and that is potentially huge.

When? When did I imply that? Because I didn't. you are either confused with another poster or a liar.

It was a week ago, after the last game where you took a swipe at me, I believe at the now even more embarrassing Ewing-ist thread. You could have been one of the 2 people trying to tell me what a powerhouse Colgate was(lol), so it may have been indirect if you were one of those.

Wondering if Sidibe is still hurting. Just was not with the game today, possibly from missing practice or maybe not better yet from injury. Just not hearing whether it is his knee or his ankle but did see him with a pain look on his face a couple of times and did not move as welll as we seen him in earlier games.

Great win. Watched the whole game. Had to stay off the interweb because I like posting on this site.*

The kids toughed out a tough win. Glad they never give up and glad they realize they can play within their own abilities and win. Obviously, we lack outside shooting and that hurts, but the kids give much more effort in other areas to cover for the weakness.

I would like big guys to score more, that would help the perimeter guys, at least somewhat.

Any win against Georgetown is good. And, they still suck.

* Not a complaint against the mods or staff, more of an indictment against me.

lol that line didnt make sense until you added the asterisk/disclaimer. You are the new me, and I'm glad we're still alive. Tough game, but a much sweeter reward than most of us could have anticipated!! I dont want to focus on anything but the good now, may as well savor this feeling and milk it for all it's worth!

Wondering if Sidibe is still hurting. Just was not with the game today, possibly from missing practice or maybe not better yet from injury. Just not hearing whether it is his knee or his ankle but did see him with a pain look on his face a couple of times and did not move as welll as we seen him in earlier games.

With Buffalo being Tuesday I hope Sidibe sits that one out and gets another weeks rest.

It was a week ago, after the last game where you took a swipe at me, I believe at the now even more embarrassing Ewing-ist thread. You could have been one of the 2 people trying to tell me what a powerhouse Colgate was(lol), so it may have been indirect if you were one of those.
Well, you are wrong or a liar. I have never seen Ewing coach a game before today. Not one. I would never have said one word about his coaching. Not one. I did take exception to something you wrote. And I stated factually that Colgate had a 17 pt second half lead against Boston College. Who had just beat Duke. If I wanted to take a swipe at you, it wouldn't be hard. I said NOTHING about Ewing's coaching. NOTHING.

I mentioned before the game that I wondered if that was at all responsible for the curiously close(2 point) betting spread on the game. We heard the positive talk, but I still was wondering what the real deal was. Donna Ditota let us know what hospital CJ Fair got stitched up at, so maybe she can let us know about Sidibe's health as well.

Well, you are wrong or a liar. I have never seen Ewing coach a game before today. Not one. I would never have said one word about his coaching. Not one. I did take exception to something you wrote. And I stated factually that Colgate had a 17 pt second half lead against Boston College. Who had just beat Duke. If I wanted to take a swipe at you, it wouldn't be hard. I said NOTHING about Ewing's coaching. NOTHING.

It was related, as it was brought up as part of that discussion, unless you dont recall. I am not a liar, I am one of the most straight shooters on here, to a fault. My logic may be off, but that thread itself was a testament that the hordes on here are far more off.

To follow your logic to it's end, if some d3 or playground team had a decent lead on Colgate, they'd be worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Duke. In your defense, one other person said the same thing.

But yes. today we can see the fact that Georgetown playing cupcakes, while HOF Boeheim had trouble with powerhouses like Colgate in the Dome, clearly means Ewing is a horrible coach/wimp, which is what the thread was about.

Last edited:
I mentioned before the game that I wondered if that was at all responsible for the curiously close(2 point) betting spread on the game. We heard the positive talk, but I still was wondering what the real deal was. Donna Ditota let us know what hospital CJ Fair got stitched up at, so maybe she can let us know about Sidibe's health as well.
If it is a more serious injury than we have been told up to this point, it will definitely impact our already extremely short bench. At some point Dolezaj is going to get injured trying to play the 5 against these 250 pound centers. I thought he may have been injured today when his head bounced off the floor. Was surprised there was no check for concussion.

It was related, as it was brought up as part of that discussion, unless you dont recall. I am not a liar, I am one of the most straight shooters on here, to a fault. My logic may be off, but that thread itself was a testament that the hordes on here are far more off.

To follow your logic to it's end, if some d3 or playground team had a decent lead on Colgate, they'd be worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Duke. In your defense, one other person said the same thing.

But yes. today we can see the fact that Georgetown playing cupcakes, while HOF Boeheim had trouble with powerhouses like Colgate in the Dome, clearly means Ewing is a horrible coach/wimp, which is what the thread was about.
You said I said something that I didn't say. A man would apologize. I simply pointed out that Colgate had a 17 pt lead against Boston College. Your last sentence is a joke. I never said one word about Ewing. Or his coaching. Or whether he was a wimp or a man. One thing I would bet for Ewing, he would be man enough to admit when he was wrong.

I work in a very small office of 10, and the mother of Jagan Mosely is one of them. So I was hoping we would win but he would look good along the way.

Mission accomplished. Surprised he isn't starting for then, he seems to be a very good all around player. Only a soph.

That said, gutsy comeback in a big game for our kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom