Georgia Tech Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Attendance

I find that rebuttal comical and weak. Im talking about Syracuse University not Onondaga County University.
We aren't in court, its just a simple exercise for perspective, my point stands. Regardless, our local fans are not a problem, AT ALL. And anyone that doesn't appreciate what the local fanbase means to SU athletics is just ignorant.
Students show up better they can do what they want is an awful statement and there is zero defense for it. I find it grossly offensive, false, inappropriate, ignorant, insulting, delusional, disrespectful and downright weird.
I mean if they leave at halftime thats ok? What if Kyle Mccord left at halftime, he had an awesome first half he should be able to do what he wants. The 12th man is needed in the 2nd half too.
You find it offensive? I am a local non alum that has driven in for years and now comes in from Buffalo. I think our student section has been great the last few years. Saying students can do what they want doesn’t mean locals suck? Weird that young kids have more on their mind than boomers that base their life around this stuff? This is a strange take. We play a close exciting game and fans stay. Tons of non student fans left early too. Is what it is.

Empty? No it wasn't
It wasn’t? What % of students in the upper deck stayed IYO? I saw a kid lay down across four seats and play on his phone with no one within ear shot.

Honestly I didn't notice either way. I was just basing that on what another person had said.
The upper deck cleared out pretty good by the 3rd Q. I think you'll see that a lot.

The students are all general admission, right?

Those kids that get in late...go upstairs. I'm sure they feel disconnected up there. Some I bet move downstairs when friends find out seats open up. Others wander the concourse and some leave entirely. It is common at most colleges.

This week the students will fill in throughout the first Q...noon kickoffs and Friday night parties not a good combo.

Last edited:
The upper deck cleared out pretty good by the 3rd Q. I think you'll see that a lot.

The students are all general admission, right?
I believe so.

I think it's going to be pretty close when it's all said and done
The bar is pretty low now: 6500 less seats

FOMO will kick in

In the past...$10 tickets would get released. SU and Legends doesn't do that type of marketing anymore.

Hopefully it drives home to the casual fans they are better off getting season tickets vs the current way

The upper deck was empty after half time. You could count the kids still there. Lower wasn’t bad.
no it wasnt. The kids stuck around everyone in our group commented on it.

no it wasnt. The kids stuck around everyone in our group commented on it.

I don't really care enough or have the time to go grab a pic to prove my point. And I am not trying to be critical of the students. I give them credit for showing up. But it is ok to call a spade a spade. In my prior years seating section I had a complete view of the upper student section. If they showed up they stayed. That wasn't the case for Ohio. I don't blame them.

Also I might have been distracted by the Ohio C's family walking down my row. I could not believe that was not only his last name, but was also the number that he chose. Then I wondered if he had any local NIL deals with Adult Entertainment. By the time the game ended I wondered if the refs were mesmerized by him and that is why they missed all of those holding calls.

Home underdogs.

Casuals better bring their leaf rakin', fair lovin', nacho eatin', standing in the aisles during live play butts on Saturday!
If they keep having shootings at the fair you may get your wish. So sad to hear about that crap.

The upper deck was empty after half time. You could count the kids still there. Lower wasn’t bad.

Wasn't 2/3s...the touchdowns didn't happen in front of empty seats.

I'll just add my yearly plug that $99 Syracuse football season tickets in a building with less than 50K seats remains the best value in all of college football.
Exactly. I tell that to everyone who complains about the cost of beer. Sure, beer is expensive, but you don’t have to drink, and a $99 season ticket gets you in the door for $15 a game - a little over the cost of ONE beer.

Exactly. I tell that to everyone who complains about the cost of beer. Sure, beer is expensive, but you don’t have to drink, and a $99 season ticket gets you in the door for $15 a game - a little over the cost of ONE beer.
I know right. If it's that expensive and bothers you that much simply don't drink. I prefer to keep my head down, open the wallet and drink, but that's just me

Just looked at the seating map and hadn’t realized that the students also had the lower endzone corners too. I thought they just had the three sections behind the endzone. So I am off by a bunch with the %. Adding those 6 sections it would be more like 2/5ths left.

Anyone know how the student section is handled by security?

Assuming that everyone has a seat, but that no one really wants to sit in the upper deck, especially in the upper half. So are they piling in downstairs and since they stand all game, they fit more people than seats?

The upper deck did thin out in the 2nd half, but the lower portion looked like it stayed packed.

But there wasn’t actually a shooting at the fair

They just heard a loud noise and people started to panic and run.
Really? I saw a news article down here that said there was one. Gotta love the media.

Really? I saw a news article down here that said there was one. Gotta love the media.

Yeah, they thought there was, they heard a loud pop sound and people started running and panicking

No shooting actually occurred

Someone in the scheduling department needs to explain how you can go two years without having a home game in October. That’s one of the reasons we”ve crashed and burned after September fast starts.
I think it might have more to do with Dino not building any depth at key positions.

Anyone know how the student section is handled by security?

Assuming that everyone has a seat, but that no one really wants to sit in the upper deck, especially in the upper half. So are they piling in downstairs and since they stand all game, they fit more people than seats?

The upper deck did thin out in the 2nd half, but the lower portion looked like it stayed packed.
I watched them file in as they were just to my left. It was so organized and they just keep filing up each row so politely. When they have the pom poms going too it’s quite a sight. They definitely showed up and hoping for more for this game

Someone in the scheduling department needs to explain how you can go two years without having a home game in October. That’s one of the reasons we”ve crashed and burned after September fast starts.
Someone in the ACC needs to answer that. We have very little input into conference scheduling and certainly don’t prefer shuttering the Dome in October two years in a row.

If they keep having shootings at the fair you may get your wish. So sad to hear about that crap.
There was no shooting from what they could tell.

Just panic from a supposed shooting