Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts

Re-posting:

Maliq: 6pts, 8 boards, 2 assists, 5 steals, 1 block

TWO FG ATTEMPTS. NO MISSES

Separately, there are guys that just can’t play at this level on our roster.

The JJ//Bell/Q argument on the sideline during the timeout leading to Bell’s insane three attempt and Red having to pull him was not fun.
Was following the game cast and couldn’t watch - anyone have any details to share on this?

I have been watching since before Roy's Runts and trust me this has gone on in the past. Red is going from being the good cop to the Head coach. It isn't going to change until next year. Now if he still has the same bench BS next year its on him.
I have been watching just about as long as you. And watching closely. And I have never seen such immature behavior. And I have sen immature behavior. But nothing like these guys.

Players arguing with each other, aka finger pointing, is not a sign of good coaching. It isn't a sign of being competitors. Or holding each other accountable. Look at this way, when you see teams not doing that, do you think, oh those guys don't care. They aren't yelling at each other. Because for 50 years, we didn't do that crap.
I agree but Red is sort of over the barrel with a very, very short bench. I know he has threatened to go to the walk ons but that is giving up on the season. What does he do...go back to Bell, play 4 guards in a zone, then he losses Brown and Q on fouls... This season is a disaster!!!! And getting worse.

The problem, we don't know what players we can get in the portal. We don't have the same buzz we did years back.
Money can make up the difference. Brand power isn’t the be all it used to be. Coaches have to do their part, too.

I have been watching just about as long as you. And watching closely. And I have never seen such immature behavior. And I have sen immature behavior. But nothing like these guys.
I agree it's bad. The team doesn't have a leader. They are all really young and immature. Coaches can limit the bickering but they can't manufacture leadership. I don't see an Alpha in the group other than Brown. Q maybe. Bell never.
Chance, I don't have a clue.

I have been watching since before Roy's Runts and trust me this has gone on in the past. Red is going from being the good cop to the Head coach. It isn't going to change until next year. Now if he still has the same bench BS next year its on him.
I’f the coach doesn’t hold individuals accountable the players have no recourse other than to get in the habitual line steppers faces

I got to say, I don’t know what to think of Judah.

Bc at this point, the tourney is out of the picture, Judah has slid off of all draft boards and with Givony’s rankings, he’s not close to being a draft pick. And, again, this is the worst draft since 2013. If he stays another year, 2025, at least now, is considered better.

He had one assist tonight. 14 points on 15 FGAs.

There is a lot of blame to go around, but Judah was supposed to be the man. And he may have enough aggregate stats to warrant all conference or whatever, but he has to elevate the team and it’s not close to happening.

Again, I know tonight was awful and blame goes all around, but Judah has been really disappointing and inconsistent.
maybe he will transfer to Clemson or Seton Hall

Q being the leader might be worst than Judah not being one. Copeland is too out of control and way to emotional to be the main leader of a team.

I don't agree with that. If he was a starter with JJ next year, I think he would tone it down. Right now, he has to watch Taylor get the first 5-8 minutes to miss 3 or 4 threes before he gets into the game. Of course he tries too hard sometimes. He should be starting. Our offense flows WAY better when he's in the game.

At this point, Taylor is such a detriment on offense that it doesn't matter that he plays hard defensively and helps with rebounding. He's a warm body who can play some minutes, that's about it. As a result, starting him is a big issue. His primary value is to rest people, and the time they need rest is not the beginning of the half - it's in the middle of each half.

He's become Chuck Noblach out there.

We can't depend on Westry. He hasn't played in 2 years. I am also not sold on Cuffe. If he moved on, I wouldn't give it a second thought. If he stays, I guess I would be okay with that as well. And I am 100% not sold on Moore being a big time talent. The guys that do this for a living rank him around 50 to 60. that is good. But not great.

Moore would be a terrific 3rd guard, in my opinion. Not the pressure of starting, has a good 3 point shot, and a decent handle. He'd be very good in that role. And we need a point guard who actually pass the balls and creates opportunities for the other players.

I’f the coach doesn’t hold individuals accountable the players have no recourse other than to get in the habitual line steppers faces

This season was all about giving the guys who had a short leash under Boeheim every opportunity to show what they could do. He has spread the playing time among quite a lot of guys, injuries considered. Lots of guys have gotten lots of chances, but at the end of the day, there has to be accountability.

Last edited:
Say bye to Bell and Taylor
Mintz to pro ball somewhere other than NBA

Probably one or two others move on too

Red will have opportunities to rebuild the roster.

He has to choose better next time. 4 centers, and yet none can play. Two more guys who didn't play this year, and a guy who got kicked off the team after so many chances.

You think he's staying if he has to play a single minute at Center? Why would he? Priority one in keeping him is ensuring that he doesnt need to play a second out of position.

Well, he needs to get stronger in the upper and lower body. He has to be able to defend better if he wants to play in the NBA. He needs to work on his body.

i could see Maliq Leaving sadly. He’s the 5 next year too wirh Freeman coming in. Unless one of them is OK coming off the bench. doubt Donnie could play the 3

Freeman looks a lot like a 3 to me. He could definitely provide us some outside shooting - more than Benny did. More offensively skilled.

Charles Pride could have helped us. 12/6 an Bonnie. 40% from 3. Not saying he had any interest, but we should have. He's a tough kid.

I hope the coaches are spending some time working on a big board, thinking about who they might know, might be able to recruit, might have connections to.

Say bye to Bell and Taylor
Mintz to pro ball somewhere other than NBA

Probably one or two others move on too

Red will have opportunities to rebuild the roster.
Judah would make way more money staying in college and getting NIL money.

Roller coaster season continues. It’s sadly not surprising at all that we would follow our best win with one of our worst losses.

With all of our flaws I am not confident we get any more wins down the stretch but hopefully we luck into one or two.

I can’t bear to watch Cuffe take any more 3s. Every one is a brick I swear.

Hope Red and the staff can figure out who here is part of the solution and retain them. Don’t think we can fully count on the portal to solve all our problems. Getting 1-2 contributors from it is a lot more realistic.

Wish we played a diff lineup out of half time, finally made a run once we went small.

no one could make a shot or grab a rebound, This is what this team does on the road. Sadly.
It’s what all leaderless teams do on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom