Get off the floor Jamie | Syracusefan.com

Get off the floor Jamie

It is becoming comical with how often he steps out on the court. When he started coaching at Pitt there was a big criticism that he did not work the refs enough and that he stayed on the sideline etc. The local media blasted him a few times for letting people like Calhoun come in and work the refs over while he sat back. Now he seems to have gone in the opposite direction and he has gone a little overboard.

It is becoming comical with how often he steps out on the court. When he started coaching at Pitt there was a big criticism that he did not work the refs enough and that he stayed on the sideline etc. The local media blasted him a few times for letting people like Calhoun come in and work the refs over while he sat back. Now he seems to have gone in the opposite direction and he has gone a little overboard.

Question for you [didn't get to see your game today]--what happened? Looked like you guys had a big lead. Was surprised to see a close final score. Did Maryland actually make a push, or did you guys just coast down the stretch?

Question for you [didn't get to see your game today]--what happened? Looked like you guys had a big lead. Was surprised to see a close final score. Did Maryland actually make a push, or did you guys just coast down the stretch?
I saw a chunk of the second half. It wasn't as close as final score indicated. Pitt was always in command.

A combination of falling asleep at the wheel, lousy refs (both ways), and James Robinson fouling out. Robinson fouled out and Pitt ended up getting shaky with the ball and missed some foul shots down the stretch. Lamar Patterson had another great performance. I still can't believe Craft was on the Wooden list over Patterson. He had 28 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals tonight

A combination of falling asleep at the wheel, lousy refs (both ways), and James Robinson fouling out. Robinson fouled out and Pitt ended up getting shaky with the ball and missed some foul shots down the stretch. Lamar Patterson had another great performance. I still can't believe Craft was on the Wooden list over Patterson. He had 28 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals tonight

I never got the sense you guys were going to lose that game. You just seemed on cruise control.

I never got the sense you guys were going to lose that game. You just seemed on cruise control.

Lamar was really controlling the game with his play. Basically any time Maryland tried to make a run, he would get to the rim, foul line, or set someone else up.

Lamar was really controlling the game with his play. Basically any time Maryland tried to make a run, he would get to the rim, foul line, or set someone else up.

Yeah, he's a solid player. He's tough as nails too.

Maybe he's been watching too many of his annoying colleagues doing the same thing...I'm looking at you, Buzz Williams and Tom "Creepy" Crean.
Calipari lives out there and beyond the coaches line.

I do believe it's a technical foul if a coach touches the ball when he's on the court and the ball's in play. I never understood why an opposing coach has never told his team to make sure that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom