Get to the dome this Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get to the dome this Saturday

That's why I can't wait for another staff, system to be evaluated over the following 2.5 years before talk of doing it all over again and again.
it's a crapshoot either way but a coaching change is at least a temporary setback. In the end it may or may not get you to the "promised land" faster than staying the course with current coaches to see what happens next year.

I think it's why struggling programs continue to struggle.

Although almost no one in college football has struggled consistently as long as we have. Only 1 of 2 P5 teams not to be ranked for even a week since 2002. Nearly 100 teams in FBS have won 9 games since 2002, but not us. Etc.

Although almost no one in college football has struggled consistently as long as we have. Only 1 of 2 P5 teams not to be ranked for even a week since 2002. Nearly 100 teams in FBS have won 9 games since 2002, but not us. Etc.
right...with 4 coaches.

right...with 4 coaches.

Are you saying that we've been bad because we've had 4 coaches, or that 4 coaches have had a crack at it and failed? My snark detector must be on the fritz.

Are you saying that we've been bad because we've had 4 coaches, or that 4 coaches have had a crack at it and failed? My snark detector must be on the fritz.
No snark. It is what it is. During the period you mentioned, we have had 4 coaches. You stated something about that period. I added something.

No snark. It is what it is. During the period you mentioned, we have had 4 coaches. You stated something about that period. I added something.

Gotcha.

I'm sure many of the other schools that have been ranked or got 9 wins had more than a couple coaches too. Just discouraging.

Gotcha.

I'm sure many of the other schools that have been ranked or got 9 wins had more than a couple coaches too. Just discouraging.

Go find that data. Then also cross reference coaches that were taking over when the school switched to a tougher conference in the tougher division. And have had to play 1.5 with 2 different true freshman quarterbacks back to back.

Go find that data. Then also cross reference coaches that were taking over when the school switched to a tougher conference in the tougher division. And have had to play 1.5 with 2 different true freshman quarterbacks back to back.

"Control the Controllables" right? Why don't you run the data and tell us all what formula shows the progress under this staff?

Have you seen the teams that have won 9 games since the last time SU did?

We lost to USF.

And I'll add... we lost to USF, in year #3, with the QB that the coaches were raving about in pre-season camp.

Like I say in all of my stats-based posts, there are always outliers and exceptions.

But my God, 63 of 65 P5 teams have been ranked... nearly 100 teams have had 9 wins... and somehow our circumstance right now is the most challenging of all of them?

"Control the Controllables" right? Why don't you run the data and tell us all what formula shows the progress under this staff?

Have you seen the teams that have won 9 games since the last time SU did?

Um no. I support him for another year. I'm not the one putting out BS data.

And I'll add... we lost to USF, in year #3, with the QB that the coaches were raving about in pre-season camp.

Like I say in all of my stats-based posts, there are always outliers and exceptions.

But my God, 63 of 65 P5 teams have been ranked... nearly 100 teams have had 9 wins... and somehow our circumstance right now is the most challenging of all of them?

And you think starting over will change that. That's pretty funny. And by your admission (I think it was you) you will give NEW COACH less than three years to install a new system and get players that fit it. All that while we somehow end up ranked.

it's the most pathetic of the 100 of Syracuse football stats that prove our ineptness.

Scooch, do you know if we even received receiving votes in that same time period. I want to say no. That's beyond laughable.

I think it speaks for itself. Yes, our circumstance is maybe the most challenging of them all.

And you think starting over will change that. That's pretty funny. And by your admission (I think it was you) you will give NEW COACH less than three years to install a new system and get players that fit it. All that while we somehow end up ranked.
whats funny is you think a coach, whos down 41-10 with 4 minutes to go, thinks he can still win a game and sent his oft-injured QB out to get killed trying to save his job...is worth fighting for.

No 15-20 years of no rankings is not on shafer to say that is BS

No one is saying that. It's fine if you want to support him, that's your choice. I'm putting the last 3 years on him-especially the last two with downright putrid offenses. I don't see enough to have faith in him being a long-term solution, so move along and try someone else.

it's the most pathetic of the 100 of Syracuse football stats that prove our ineptness.

Scooch, do you know if we even received receiving votes in that same time period. I want to say no. That's beyond laughable.
Yes we did receive votes.

Um no. I support him for another year. I'm not the one putting out BS data.
Other than the somewhat arbitrary temporal notion of 4 years, is their some OBJECTIVE metric you would point to as the basis for your position? Of course, if it is just a subjective view that is fine also.

No one is saying that. It's fine if you want to support him, that's your choice. I'm putting the last 3 years on him-especially the last two with downright putrid offenses. I don't see enough to have faith in him being a long-term solution, so move along and try someone else.

Last three.

Year 1 - First in ACC with GMCdonald. Hired obviously hoping to elevate the recruiting and hold on for offense. Bowl Win
Year 2 - Second in ACC Gmac obviously cant call plays under pressure, however the speed spread offense is gaining yards. But we cant have an OC that cant call a red zone play. Hunt Hurt halfway through and we get AJ Long.

Year 3 - New OC, Hunt back great. Good things to follow. Boom Hunt hurt. Now we have another Freshman. Albeit a star in the making a freshman. The offense actually is producing some big plays but now our defense has fallen off a little. Certainly some technique issues, but again awfully young. But we hold on to win our first three and hang in there with a 5th string walk on against LSU. Then we lose to USF. Ill give in to that bad loss for sure. Against VA. In it to the end. I think with Hunt by the way we win both games. Then lose to FSU NO SHITE. Then last week to Louisville. And I am sure this week to Clemson. Tell me where its so far off the rails due to shafer.

I personally believe that the talent is getting better. Albeit young. No one can tell if the reserves are better as they haven't signed yet (2016 class).

Im done trying to really to make a point. You guys are clearly experts and are certain that another coach that wants to try to go speed for speed with the ACC is gonna work. I believe the best way to get to that ranking and 9 win seasons is to have some consistency in the program. Now that being said I have said all along if this goes on for a nother season then now we have a tangible reason to make some moves. I hope all you guys that are so negative and want shafer gone still go the games. the kids deserve it.

Other than the somewhat arbitrary temporal notion of 4 years, is their some OBJECTIVE metric you would point to as the basis for your position? Of course, if it is just a subjective view that is fine also.

See above.

The blew past us coming off a bye! We had two weeks to prepare for that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom