Get to the dome this Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Get to the dome this Saturday

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
As I am catching up on this board, reading a lot of posts, I feel the need to say this.

I feel there are two very specific camps posting right now. One group shouting for a chance to be made, while the other holding firm in the process it takes to build a program.

No matter how you feel, make sure you're able to get to the Dome this Saturday and support these kids who are working their butts off. Put yourself back in the mindset of an 18-21 year old. There's a lot of pressure in the college lifestyle, let along adding a division 1 sport into the mix. You want to support them and put them in a good environment, go cheer yours butts off and try and lift them to the biggest upset the program has ever seen. I don't care who the coach is - I'll be cheering and screaming for Orange until I take my last breathe.

Go Orange!

JackBauer44 said:
As I am catching up on this board, reading a lot of posts, I feel the need to say this. I feel there are two very specific camps posting right now. One group shouting for a chance to be made, while the other holding firm in the process it takes to build a program. No matter how you feel, make sure you're able to get to the Dome this Saturday and support these kids who are working their butts off. Put yourself back in the mindset of an 18-21 year old. There's a lot of pressure in the college lifestyle, let along adding a division 1 sport into the mix. You want to support them and put them in a good environment, go cheer yours butts off and try and lift them to the biggest upset the program has ever seen. I don't care who the coach is - I'll be cheering and screaming for Orange until I take my last breathe. Go Orange!

Yep. The two camps in the board want what's best - just see different means to achieving it. I'll be rooting like hell for our kids and coaches to win even though I don't think the staff is the best bet long term.

Hey Justin,
I am reading this while sitting in the surgery waiting room at UNC in Chapel Hill. Alyce is having her sinus/reconstruction surgery. Will take about four to five hours and I am trying to take my mind off of it. How did yours turn out?
Crusty

Im in the camp of watching on my phone at my kids games Saturday.

Last edited:
Im in the camp of watching on my phone at my kids games Saturdays.

I hear you, it's 2-3 hours before, beers, etc then into the dome 45-60 minutes minutes to get kicked in the gonads and another 1 hour home

Captain Obvious here but the attendance Saturday is going to be bad real bad. There is zero buzz right now. There are going to be more people at destiny then the dome tomorrow.

JeremyCuse said:
Captain Obvious here but the attendance Saturday is going to be bad real bad. There is zero buzz right now. There are going to be more people at destiny then the dome tomorrow.

It's unfortunate because it sets a bad tone for visiting recruits, potential coaches and the general fandom.

People want a winner, but if you don't support, don't hold your breath.

Will the combined attendance of tomorrow and Saturday eclipse Destiny's turnout?

Can't be any worse than the attendance for the Western Michigan-Bowling Green game last night. There couldn't have been more than 8,000.

It's unfortunate because it sets a bad tone for visiting recruits, potential coaches and the general fandom.

People want a winner, but if you don't support, don't hold your breath.

What comes first, the chicken or the egg... that's the 50,000 spectator question.

Can't be any worse than the attendance for the Western Michigan-Bowling Green game last night. There couldn't have been more than 8,000.

And WMU was undefeated in conference and is a bonafide winner. Yet in the prior post, you state if you don't support the program, don't hold your breath for a winner. Which is it?

And WMU was undefeated in conference and is a bonafide winner. Yet in the prior post, you state if you don't support the program, don't hold your breath for a winner. Which is it?
Hard to get attendance without a winner. People don't just start supporting a team. In addition, it is not the year that they win... it's the years following when /if they continue to win... then the attendance grows. I know of a good example starting in around 1987.

Hard to get attendance without a winner. People don't just start supporting a team. In addition, it is not the year that they win... it's the years following when /if they continue to win... then the attendance grows. I know of a good example starting in around 1987.

I agree with you.

SUFan44 said:

They're MAC schools. Just a state of indifference, I guess, or the fruits of playing on Wednesday night.

SUFan44 said:
What comes first, the chicken or the egg... that's the 50,000 spectator question.

I think it's why struggling programs continue to struggle.

SUFan44 said:
I think attendance is down the list as to why programs continue to struggle.

True. Just part of the overall problem.

Im in the camp of watching on my phone at my kids games Saturday.

Yep, Headed to the Girls State Soccer Final Four Saturday in Cortland to watch my niece play.

That's why I can't wait for another staff, system to be evaluated over the following 2.5 years before talk of doing it all over again and again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom